Pep Talk Needed, Please!

Jacquie Christie

I need a good kick up the back side today! Last night I had my first (relatively small) food binge in nine weeks!!

I am so annoyed at myself, I was a bit down because I'm loosing weight slower than the rest of my group although some of the others starting weights are less than mine, also it is TOM which definately didnt help. And at the meeting I was getting madder and madder at the rest of the group chatting about all the cheating they had done during the week and what a great loss they had still had! GRRRRRR!

It just all got to me and I ate carbs!!!

I know that I got into child mode, went into a sort of sulk and just couldn't get out!

This morning is a fresh start - I am giving the bars a miss for the rest of the week and will be drinking extra water. My weigh in is not until Tuesday night so hopefully I have time to get some kind of a loss this week!

Any other tips???? (feel free to be brutal!)

Hi Jacqui,

Please do not beat yourself too much. I have had a couple of lapses and I know it is awful when other people in your group have lapsed and lost more than you. I was the other way round as when I lapsed I managed to get back on track and still lost. I decided not to tell any of my group that I had lapsed because of the fact that I had lost weight and didn't want to upset anyone if they had a lower loss and not cheated.

Don't worry about other people, they will get their come uppance. If they think they can get away with it this week they might try it next week and find that they have gained. Where as you are stronger than that and know the only way forward is to be 100% abstinent.

Keep at it, I know you can do it x x

Back