pep Talk

quizzicalgrrl

Posting Mad!
Hi friends,

Struggling a bit today. I am committed not to cheat, and I have made some positive strides, but I think I am at the 50% of the way in my journey mark and feeling like I will never get there.

What do you tell yourself to get you through the tough times?

xx

Please don't do it quizzical, look at my stats for this week, not good! That was Friday - Monday of cheating.

Its not worth it. Do you want to see that on you next week? :(

Quizz, you can do this. 50% of the way is a fantastic achievement! Halfway... it's downhill (& down on the scales) from here! I know what you mean about losing momentum a bit - in the past I have always stalled at this point and given up, perhaps because some success got me back into a zone I was less uncomfortable in. I have never, ever, reached goal, always sabotaged things, stayed at my 'better-than-I-was' weight for a while before allowing it all to pile on again. And each time I'd gain more and more.
This time I know it will be different. I don't KNOW, exactly, but I want it to be, so badly, and I feel I am making big strides towards working out why I sabotage things and why I binged so badly in the past. I am trying to do this alone, with the help of books and this site, but that's partly as I am in a very rural area and don't know of any help nearby.
One of the books I've been reading which has chimed with me is Martha Beck's 'The 4-Day Win' which I got off Amazon. (Don't be fooled, nothing happens in 4 days, but there is a lot of stuff in this book that made real sense to me.) Or, if you can, look at therapy, or LL which has more emotional support offered, or some form of back-up to catch you when you fall. Because we all fall, but some of us get back up and carry on, and hopefully we will be the ones who make it to goal and stay there.
Sorry I have no instant answers Quizz. Spent a lifetime looking for them myself, decided to try something different. (Slow answers? Or just DOING things differently?)
I do understand. I work from home too & that is a nightmare for temptation. Can you get all tempting food (all food?) out of house? Ring your CDC for support? Post a blog or go for a run or promise yourself a massage-treat if you get thru today without picking?
Hopefully more pep talks will be flying your way soon...
You CAN do this. Hugs,
xxx

I read stories on here!! :) well I did in the past, as you know I'm just starting out this time around. :)

You CAN Do it!! Cheating will put you back about 3 days if you are really naughty.. also you won't enjoy the food as you're tastebuds will likely hate it! lol

Now... go dig out your old clothes.. try them on and SEE how much weight you've lost.. and feel how baggy they are on you! :)

Then read more, window shop for smaller clothes etc, and keep yourself busy! :)

((Hugs))

:whip::blahblah::grouphugg:
Anytime! :D I'll call in the favour one day, be sure of that! lol

Back