1 yellow pepper, quartered & sliced
1 red pepper, quartered & sliced
1 tin chopped tomatoes in juice
2 tsp Splenda
* 2 bay leaves
* handful of fresh basil
1 tsp grapeseed oil
*=optional

Add the oil to a pot along with a little water. Fire in the onions, garlic and peppers then cover with a lid. Steam/fry over a low-med heat until the onion is soft, stirring every so often.

Add the tomatoes, bay leaves and sweetener and simmer uncovered for twenty minutes. If it looks dry, add a tbsp water.

Serve hot or cold (with a hefty sprinkle of chopped fresh basil if available) alongside grilled meat, poultry or fish.

Freezes well.

Last edited:
I hope you like it, Linda. I get so bleh with steamed veggies and salad!

I've made it tonight and although it's very nice, I wouldn't add the splenda as the tomatoes and pepper are already sweet. For me personally, the next time I'll make it, it will be without the splenda.

I've made it tonight and although it's very nice, I wouldn't add the splenda as the tomatoes and pepper are already sweet. For me personally, the next time I'll make it, it will be without the splenda.

Interesting point, Mirjam. It's something for which I got the recipe from a friend ages ago and I've been making it fairly frequently for years in the non-Dukan version. Adding a little sugar is designed to counteract the acidity of the tomatoes but having tried sweetener in some stewed rhubarb, it doesn't appear to have the same effect as sugar.

Back