Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Peppermint Tea

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by nmmireland, 25 September 2009 Social URL.

1. nmmireland

nmmireland Dublin :)

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi,

Never tried peppermint tea when on LT the last time but was thinking of trying some today, is there any certain type I have to get? and can I get it anywhere?

Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ~missy-moo~

~missy-moo~ Getting thinner everyday!

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    yes buy it from anywhere. Just be sure it's pure and all it contains is peppermint so check the ingredients.

I use Twinnings

Alex

4. xsarahloux

xsarahloux ~~someday!~~

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    i used twinings too but i believe tetley do one that its pure peppermint too x

5. Trapped

Trapped Member

Start Weight:
    26st12lb
    Current Weight:
    22st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(18.09%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi
    I left a message on another thread yesterday about Peppermint tea.
    My Pharmacist suggested having Peppermint tea with a sweetner in as it can be a little bitter. I belive that sweetners are ok on the diet.

In normal tea I don't take them but it helps with the Peppermint. Also dont leave the teabag in too long. They say 6mins on the box but a couple is enough for me.

I wish you could have Bovril or Marmite drinks, but sadly not.

Good luck
    John

6. Ricisme

Ricisme Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.63%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I just discovered Earl Grey tea! Well, I have had it before but was never a fan of tea without milk before LT... give it a go if you haven't already!

On the subject of Green tea, I have always used the flavoured teabags (Cranberry, lemon, camomile, raspberry...) - I KNOW we can't have fruit teas but these are not, they are leaf teas with a subtle flavouring! They are only .2 gram carbs (exactly the same as non flavoured Green tea) and I am 2stone 10lbs lighter than when I started so they haven't done my weight loss any harm. :)

I keep seeing Black tea (named after dried leaf colour and called Crimson tea in China after the brew colour) - anyone drink that? What's it like? Then there's White tea and...

7. nmmireland

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Thanks everyone for the tips, i will have a look for twinings, i prob would have picked up any... glad i asked now :)

8. irish molly

irish molly Maintaing LT loss on GL

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(38.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    TFR/GL
    One thing about all these teas, it is important to make them with water that has cooled for a good five minutes after boiling. Otherwise, the tea will be a bit bitter. It really makes a difference and they taste more palatable. Also, don't stir the teabag just leave it to infuse for a few minutes.

9. cuddlymama

cuddlymama Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I had to go to Costa coffee today to meet someone and I thought I would try some peppermint tea. I'm sorry but I thought it was disgusting. I really miss milk my favorite is a latte, I don't think that will ever change.

10. nmmireland

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    i drink black tea now dont take much milk when not on LT and only liked skimmed but i do miss a tiny drop of milk alright :( i got twinnings peppermint today so going to try it now.. not sure I will like it though haha

11. bigwelshboy

bigwelshboy Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.27%)
    Diet:
    LT
    I've been using pg green tea with mint never had green tea before but don't mind it now took a few days but i like it now a big change always had milk in my hot drinks .

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.