Peppermint Tea

nmmireland

Dublin :)
Hi,

Never tried peppermint tea when on LT the last time but was thinking of trying some today, is there any certain type I have to get? and can I get it anywhere?

Thanks x

yes buy it from anywhere. Just be sure it's pure and all it contains is peppermint so check the ingredients.

I use Twinnings

Alex

Hi
I left a message on another thread yesterday about Peppermint tea.
My Pharmacist suggested having Peppermint tea with a sweetner in as it can be a little bitter. I belive that sweetners are ok on the diet.

In normal tea I don't take them but it helps with the Peppermint. Also dont leave the teabag in too long. They say 6mins on the box but a couple is enough for me.

I wish you could have Bovril or Marmite drinks, but sadly not.

Good luck
John

I just discovered Earl Grey tea! Well, I have had it before but was never a fan of tea without milk before LT... give it a go if you haven't already!

On the subject of Green tea, I have always used the flavoured teabags (Cranberry, lemon, camomile, raspberry...) - I KNOW we can't have fruit teas but these are not, they are leaf teas with a subtle flavouring! They are only .2 gram carbs (exactly the same as non flavoured Green tea) and I am 2stone 10lbs lighter than when I started so they haven't done my weight loss any harm. :)

I keep seeing Black tea (named after dried leaf colour and called Crimson tea in China after the brew colour) - anyone drink that? What's it like? Then there's White tea and...

Thanks everyone for the tips, i will have a look for twinings, i prob would have picked up any... glad i asked now :)

One thing about all these teas, it is important to make them with water that has cooled for a good five minutes after boiling. Otherwise, the tea will be a bit bitter. It really makes a difference and they taste more palatable. Also, don't stir the teabag just leave it to infuse for a few minutes.

I had to go to Costa coffee today to meet someone and I thought I would try some peppermint tea. I'm sorry but I thought it was disgusting. I really miss milk my favorite is a latte, I don't think that will ever change.

I had to go to Costa coffee today to meet someone and I thought I would try some peppermint tea. I'm sorry but I thought it was disgusting. I really miss milk my favorite is a latte, I don't think that will ever change.

i drink black tea now dont take much milk when not on LT and only liked skimmed but i do miss a tiny drop of milk alright :( i got twinnings peppermint today so going to try it now.. not sure I will like it though haha

I've been using pg green tea with mint never had green tea before but don't mind it now took a few days but i like it now a big change always had milk in my hot drinks .

Back