Percentage weight los

BarbaraG said:
I've got a way to go to get to BMI 29.... another couple of stone at least..... there're one in the eye for the woman who told me a couple of weeks ago that I was perfect as I am and not to lose any more (like it's any of her business). As for getting too skinny.... anyone who thinks that's gonna happen to me, barring major illness, clearly does NOT know me!

Actually, as I get towards the healthy range, I'll be paying more attention to body fat% than weight/BMI. Under 30% would be good. Also, how my joints are, and how my blood work is (I have diabetes).

Would still like a firm belly... but don't expect it or need it to happen to be abso-bloomin-lutely delighted with the changes I've made!

Barbara

Well done BarbaraG, I'm with you on the story about the woman, I have had people tell me not to lose any more, then my Mum tell me another 2 stone should do it! Lol..
It is a personal thing, no one else can decide what you are comfortable at!

I would also like to be in the healthy range of bmi, just for the satisfaction of it and would like to get a better looking belly!

Think I would be very happy with a bmi of 23-27. I'm up around 36ish I think, so a way to go!!

I agree that only you can decide what's right for you. I am more concerned about how I look but I also would love to be able to say that my bmi is healthy lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Maybe it's because, for most of my adult life, even looking vaguely normal was a seemingly unobtainable dream, that I am just used to not being perfect! So in the looks department, "a lot better than I used to look" is already heaven.

In terms of health, the long-term odds do scare me.... but tbh, it is pretty easy to dismiss them when they are rather abstract and far off in the future. It was when I started getting health and QoL issues NOW that something snapped and I decided I had to get myself sorted. Joint pain, sweating, perpetual acid reflux, to name but a few. I looked into the future, and saw myself riding a mobility scooter at 60, and I got scared. So happy I did!

Barbara

BarbaraG said:
Maybe it's because, for most of my adult life, even looking vaguely normal was a seemingly unobtainable dream, that I am just used to not being perfect! So in the looks department, "a lot better than I used to look" is already heaven.

In terms of health, the long-term odds do scare me.... but tbh, it is pretty easy to dismiss them when they are rather abstract and far off in the future. It was when I started getting health and QoL issues NOW that something snapped and I decided I had to get myself sorted. Joint pain, sweating, perpetual acid reflux, to name but a few. I looked into the future, and saw myself riding a mobility scooter at 60, and I got scared. So happy I did!

Barbara

I've got all of those problems and more at the age of 26, and have done since my late teens :/ you'd think that would have made me sort myself out but I was in a very bad place; depression anxiety and OCD plagued my life for a good 4,5 years. A lot of my problems are genetic, however the weight does make them worse. My weight being normal isn't likely to cure it, but it will be easier to manage hopefully x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I've got all of those problems and more at the age of 26, and have done since my late teens :/ you'd think that would have made me sort myself out but I was in a very bad place; depression anxiety and OCD plagued my life for a good 4,5 years.

What other people think ought to make you sort yourself out bears little relation to what actually will! I did achieve a normal BMI back in 1986, and was running half marathons. I had lost 89lb to get there, and proudly proclaimed I would never be fat again.... but sadly I had done nothing to address my binge eating, and it wasn't long before I was overweight again... then obese.... then very obese.... then morbidly obese...

You might think that being diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 34, weighing 21 stone, would be enough to do it, but it wasn't.

As to why my recent issues were enough... I think this time, I was so desperate that I was prepared to embrace the nuclear option - surgery. I was very busy researching that, while attempting to eat and exercise as well as I could, when I stumbled across slimpods. I believe they are what has made the difference for me, and mean that this time, the weight is staying off. So, it's not really the severity of my weight-related problems that made the difference, it was finding the key that fitted my mental lock.

We all need something. Slimpods were my something. Maybe yours is JUDDD... or minimins.... or something else. Hope you find/have found it.

Barbara

Back