• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Period affecting weight loss ?!?

nessie

Loooooves MiniMins
I had my first weigh-in last week, and was on my period all week, and only lost 5lbs, and was pretty disappointed. I am hoping this week will be better!

Dobbie

I will get to goal .....
Oh yes!!! It's water retention hun. Fear not, next week you'll have a mega loss when it's gone ;)

Don't think we can have aqua ban or anything either as it has sucrose in it :(

Don't worry hun, I'm sure your second loss will be bigger. I always retain water with periods, and my weight can fluctuate as much as 6Ibs before/after :) Chin up!

christie

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
Yep i dont loss anything when on TOTM. The following week the water retention goes and the scales go down.

Keep going as it is so worth it. I always had that problem with my TOTM so decided not to let that week ruin my weight loss.

even so 4 lb is good start ......... dont be dispondant .... i was like you ( but have had a period now for 6 months !) so i porked out !!!! back on track now and if i can loose 4 lb a week i will be happy

nessie

Loooooves MiniMins
Thanks guys, it's just disappointing when you have high hopes but nevermind, I WILL be atleast 10st by xmas! I WILL! lol

nessie

Loooooves MiniMins
even so 4 lb is good start ......... dont be dispondant .... i was like you ( but have had a period now for 6 months !) so i porked out !!!! back on track now and if i can loose 4 lb a week i will be happy
You've had a period for 6 months?!? How are you coping with that?

im not. had 4 c sections and a sterilisation . had one of these mirena coils put in to ease the pain and my 2 weekly periods.... have been on since 4 may when it went in .... its coming out on friday ( is gp can get it ..... cos the threads have disappeared) then im pushing for hysterectomy .

nessie

Loooooves MiniMins
Chin up Sue, I know we can reach our target by xmas, if not before, we'll keep each other right!

oh yes i am determined. i will be slim. i will slide into my size 14 jeans by xmas. you have achieved in one week half of what i have done in 3 ( sort of 4 really ) weeks. i want to be in the 11 stones by next weigh in.

nessie

Loooooves MiniMins
Me too! Husband gave me a lovely card this morning saying hopes I get results I want at WI and said I've done really well this first week, just thought that was the sweetest thing!