period gain- when will it go?

missjam

im only guessing that ive gained two pounds over the past two days because im getting the back cramp.. which is normally before my period has arrived. When do you think this water weight will go so i know how much ive really lost? its making me sad :(

Hiya. I started my day 1 on the same day I started my period and the few days before that I was eating absolutely everthing if it wasn't nailed down but I have just had my first week weigh in and lost 9lbs...woop woop. Dont be disheartened, just dont weigh yourself for a little while (easier said than done!) if it makes you sad and stick with it. You will be fine x

For me the period gain just lasts around 3 days.

Drink lots of water, that usually helps :)

Do you drop loads after? or just have to keep going. ive lost a lb but i know i could have been lighter if i hadnt had the water gain if you get me. so im back down to what i was a few days ago.. hmm!

Am I the only person that always weighs less during a period? :confused:

Do you drop loads after? or just have to keep going. ive lost a lb but i know i could have been lighter if i hadnt had the water gain if you get me. so im back down to what i was a few days ago.. hmm!

I'm always around the same weight (except one or two days before period and one or two days during it), so my weight just come back to the previous number.

Don't feel down hun, a few more days and you'll have an accurate idea of your loss;)

Am I the only person that always weighs less during a period? :confused:

Really? That's interesting, I was searching a bit and I only find weight gain on symptoms, not weight loss.
Maybe are you WI during the last days os periods? Because the weight gain tends to show only a few days before period and the first days of it.

x

Really? That's interesting, I was searching a bit and I only find weight gain on symptoms, not weight loss.
Maybe are you WI during the last days os periods? Because the weight gain tends to show only a few days before period and the first days of it.

x

Well im a serial weigher (!) you see but officially I weigh in on Monday mornings.
I was 164lbs on Sunday night and Monday my period arrived and I was 162 lb.. and this morning 161.2!

But its not just this month, it happens every month. But I know by Friday i'll have 'gained' it again and be back up to my Sunday weight.
Crazy hormones!

im not that familiar with periods... they have never been regular but seem to have been coming every month since november. I can only guess this is what the back cramp is! but its been here for about 5 days and no sign of a period yet :/

Well im a serial weigher (!) you see but officially I weigh in on Monday mornings.
I was 164lbs on Sunday night and Monday my period arrived and I was 162 lb.. and this morning 161.2!

But its not just this month, it happens every month. But I know by Friday i'll have 'gained' it again and be back up to my Sunday weight.
Crazy hormones!

Well period is a time of huge hormonal changes and everyone reacts to it differently. I have friends who don't gain weight and as you show some people even lose;) Don't worry hun, I would preffer to be a part of the minority and see lower numbers than higher ones before/during my period, haha. I usually just skip the WI during me period;)

im not that familiar with periods... they have never been regular but seem to have been coming every month since november. I can only guess this is what the back cramp is! but its been here for about 5 days and no sign of a period yet :/

Oh hun, periods should be regular, if becomes irregular again I think it would be usefull to see a doctor.

Hope the cramps will decrease x

My periods are very irregular, my cycle is anywhere between 34 days upwards. This month I clocked up 55 days lol which I have to say is a first even for me! :-( I have a terrible time with pain like you do jam, about 1-2 weeks before I have a show. Then I get migraines and all sorts, I've fainted once or twice as well! I gain a couple of pounds when I'm on but that normally goes eventually!

Back