Period pain with no bleeding

maypole

loves to eat
Hi,

Does anyone else get this? I have always had bad periods, heavy very irregular sometimes 2 a month. I don’t bleed I flood. Anyway 3 years ago I had a hyscoscopy as they thought I had polyps but I didn’t. They did a scrape which helped for about 18month & made me feel almost like a normal woman. But for the last 4 months I have been getting terrible stomach ache, upset stomach & generally every thing you get with a heavy period but no period. It is like my period is invisible. This goes on for about 4 days & is worse in the evening. When I finally my period it is very uncomfortable & heavy & feel dreadful. My PMT is also terrible. For example the other day I was cross about something & nothing & I had a glass of water in my hand & I had to put it down as I thought I was going to through it across the room.

Any Advice

Do make an appointment to see your GP and get it sorted out, it's better than suffering all this pain and discomfort, good luck to you. X

Thanks for your replies

I ended up at a&e last night as the pain got unbearable. They were great but said it was period related so suggested I went to the GP. I did today & he has given really strong pain killers & am I being referred for a pelvic ultersound. Not gone to work today as am still in a alot of pain & really emotional (sounds silly really as it's only a period) but my boss was lovely. I work in a call centre where people often phone up & shout & not sure if I can I can handle :(

Ali I have been discharged from the gynae so will have to go back through everything again.

I think my emotion isn't helped by the fact I am so stressed about my mum how has terminal cancer but is doing amazing & also I have an alcoholic, anorexic depressed mother in law how is happy to just waste her life & do nothing about her situation. I have been having counselling through work to help but that is ended on monday ( I only got 7 sessions) so my boss is seeing if I can extend it as am feeling like I still need it. I am going to spend the day on the sofa watching DVDs with a hot water bottle & a duvet today as hubby has just gone to work

Last edited:
Ah so sorrow to hear you're poorly and not feeling the best.

Just wanted to send hugs and hope that things get resolved. XX

I have been having problems with my periods since Jan 2009, my GP has been a waste of space, it was only when I went to the well woman clinic at family planning that it all got sorted, I have now had 2 months of normal periods, at one point I bled continously for 32 days and the doc just kept giving me more hormone tablets instead of figuring out what was wrong. I would advise you to go there if you have one & talk to them about the injection or the implant as these can stop your periods completely therefore fixing the pain & pmt problems.

Good luck

Julie

Oh and I meant to say that the emotional thing is totally understandable - I still get emotional each month before my period - I cried at Chandi the dog on BGT last night for petes sake!!!

I have been having problems with my periods since Jan 2009, my GP has been a waste of space, it was only when I went to the well woman clinic at family planning that it all got sorted, I have now had 2 months of normal periods, at one point I bled continously for 32 days and the doc just kept giving me more hormone tablets instead of figuring out what was wrong. I would advise you to go there if you have one & talk to them about the injection or the implant as these can stop your periods completely therefore fixing the pain & pmt problems.
I did find the (male) GP a bit unsupportive. I had to push for more than tablets. Will see what happens with this scan & then try the well woman clinic. I have been on the pill & can't have it anymore as I get terrible migraines. I have had the injection but came off that a few years ago as wanted to get it out of my system before we started thinking about children. I mentioned this to the doc & I got the feeling he was saying get on with have children. He basically said cos women are having babys later then docs are seeing more problems with periods etc. I'm nearly 34. We have only been married a year & haven't had a baby yet as we have been so stressed with my MIL (& my mum to an extent) that is has made "making a baby" so to speak the last thing we want to do when we never know what drama my MIL has got herself into everyday & have been very stressed about it all. Also my sex drive isn't the highest. Just wish I could wave a magic wand over everything :sigh:

as the others said you do need to have medical help. In the meantime you can get magnets called ladycare for period problems. I had terrible probs and they couldn't find anything.A friend bought this for me cos she knew I wouldn't.Anyway put em on for peace.Felt terrible for 24 hrs then something started to ease the pain ,moods calmed etc . Took about a amonth and started to feel ok again.Only different thing was the magnets.I have told others and they also say they work. Dont use them instead of the doc but they help ease part of it. Boots sell them and LLoyds chemist or google ladycare to find the site.Hope you get relief soon xx

as the others said you do need to have medical help. In the meantime you can get magnets called ladycare for period problems. I had terrible probs and they couldn't find anything.A friend bought this for me cos she knew I wouldn't.Anyway put em on for peace.Felt terrible for 24 hrs then something started to ease the pain ,moods calmed etc . Took about a amonth and started to feel ok again.Only different thing was the magnets.I have told others and they also say they work. Dont use them instead of the doc but they help ease part of it. Boots sell them and LLoyds chemist or google ladycare to find the site.Hope you get relief soon xx

Just googled them. Will get them thanks. Do you wear them all the time or just in the run up to & during your period? x

Back