Personal question...

Bugoneeoni

Hi there

Sorry to cause any offence, however I have a personal question... I assume TOTM means time of the month, does this affect your weight loss?:confused:

As I started CD this week which falls within TOTM, now on day 6 and thought I would have lost more.

Thanks again :)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but.... As you've already noticed yes your TOTM does affect weight loss! Ive just completed two months on CD and for both times I've lost a measly pound when it's my TOTM but on the plus side... Both times after I've cone off I've dropped 9lbs! Yep 9lbs! Now that it's happened twice I'm starting to realise not to panic when it's TOTM as I know the weight had no choice but come off on this diet! Don't let it get you down... Which I know is slot easier said than done! Xx

Thank you so much for the fast response and inside info! So fingers crossed for a better loss next week!! 3 stone loss is amazing!! I am still thinking about bread, chips and cake evert day :( but crave meat?!

At least you're only thinking about those nasty carby things and not craving them which is a fab sign :) ! I guess the meat thing could be the protein your body wants! I know that SS+ gives good losses as there's not much difference between that and SS! The meat cravings should pass! Your doing great so far keep going lady you can do if!

yes it can affect your loss but mine is due next week and im ging to try aquaban tablets which help ease water retention as im hoping and praying and anything else for at least a 3lbs loss next week to get into the 8s!! so i'll report back to let you know if they work this week. am buying them either tonight or tomorrow so will start taking on the wkend 2 days before i should be on.

Thanks lumpyandbumpy - 8st is amazing! I have lost 8lbs in my first week with TOTM is that good or bad?

Shazzy-shaz - thanks for the encouraging words unfortunately today I caved having kids to stay and and ate half a beef patty from a mcdonalds hamburger no bread or sauce or onions just meat. So feel cross with myself but thought hey that's better than anything else I could cheat on/with :(

yes it can affect your loss but mine is due next week and im ging to try aquaban tablets which help ease water retention as im hoping and praying and anything else for at least a 3lbs loss next week to get into the 8s!! so i'll report back to let you know if they work this week. am buying them either tonight or tomorrow so will start taking on the wkend 2 days before i should be on.

Not trying to butt into your thread but when I did CD I was warned never to use diuretics of any kind because the diet itself has a diuretic effect. It can be dangerous to take pills that will force even more water expulsion. Please check with your Consultant as I am pretty sure this is not advised and might even be potentially harmful.

All the best! x

Not trying to butt into your thread but when I did CD I was warned never to use diuretics of any kind because the diet itself has a diuretic effect. It can be dangerous to take pills that will force even more water expulsion. Please check with your Consultant as I am pretty sure this is not advised and might even be potentially harmful.

All the best! x

Girlgirl is right you should never use diuretics with CD because taken as Sole Source nutrition the diet itself will cause water loss. Any artificial diuretics added to the diet could seriously deplete your potassium balance and cause dizziness, weakness and fatigue. For this reason, medication having a diuretic effect should not be taken concurrently with Cambridge Diet except with the approval of a doctor.

Mini said:
Girlgirl is right you should never use diuretics with CD because taken as Sole Source nutrition the diet itself will cause water loss. Any artificial diuretics added to the diet could seriously deplete your potassium balance and cause dizziness, weakness and fatigue. For this reason, medication having a diuretic effect should not be taken concurrently with Cambridge Diet except with the approval of a doctor.

Thanks for posting this. I did try on another thread to put people off from taking these following vlcd it Can be fatal.

Hey Bugoneeoni i'd say that's a great loss! I only lost 7lbs in my first week and that was with no TOTM! You should be really pleased with yourself at that loss! And well least it wasn't a carby thing and you left the bread and sauce! I wouldn't stress too much as it's still protein and so shouldn't affect/ knock you out of ketosis! I have a mate who munched on all meat related things... She's on Atkins and is losing a ton of wright also! But obviously you naughty thing for cheating :D ! Xx

All the best! x

ooo thanks for the heads up! havent bought them yet so will not be doing so lol! didnt think of it from that point of view, just recently ive been feeling bloated with the diet and wondered whether it was the amount of water i was drinking as i tend to have 4-5 litres a day so i had originally thought that the tablets might have helped. ive cut down over the last week to just 3 litres a day and am feeling better for it especially in my stomach so maybe i was just going overboard on the liquid!

Thanks for the information about me cheating and using diurectics, message received stay clear of them. How long does it take for the bloated feeling to disappear? Also I am so tired today, as not been sleeping well for the past 4 nights, is this a side effect? It takes me ages to fall aslee, I moving about in my bed like a dog trying to get comfortable. It is getting on my nerves and no ratty today and still drinking loads of water.

Thanks for the information about me cheating and using diuretics, message received stay clear of them. How long does it take for the bloated feeling to disappear? Also I am so tired today, as not been sleeping well for the past 4 nights, is this a side effect? It takes me ages to fall aslee, I moving about in my bed like a dog trying to get comfortable. It is getting on my nerves and no ratty today and still drinking loads of water.

Nothing to do with cheating it is about alerting you to the dangers that they could cause to your health while SSing (Sole Sourcing).

I felt very grumpy and tired in the first few weeks but feel fine now. A good few people find in the first few weeks that their sleep pattern is a bit all over the place but should settle down...if you think you might be drinking more tea and coffee than usual, you could try cutting down on the tea and coffee.

I would think you will feel less bloated by day 12.

8lbs off for your first week is very good, well done:happy096:

Going against the grain slightly here but my totm has absolutely no effect whatsoever. So it's not an absolute given that yours will either.

GretaGrip said:
Going against the grain slightly here but my totm has absolutely no effect whatsoever. So it's not an absolute given that yours will either.

So lucky lol! Although to be fair my CDC said out of all of her clients she only had two others that their TOTM affects weight loss and that she's never seen anyone who's affected as much as me... As long as I can drop 9lbs for a hat trick nect month I don't mind! I know for some it only affects them like by a pound or so! You'll be able to compare better when you hit the two month mark!

As long as you're losing don't worry! (No seriously as one person told me even stress can make you fat! Something about the body releasing the hormone cortisol and making you retain stuff! :D !)

So lucky lol! Although to be fair my CDC said out of all of her clients she only had two others that their TOTM affects weight loss and that she's never seen anyone who's affected as much as me... As long as I can drop 9lbs for a hat trick nect month I don't mind! I know for some it only affects them like by a pound or so! You'll be able to compare better when you hit the two month mark!

As long as you're losing don't worry! (No seriously as one person told me even stress can make you fat! Something about the body releasing the hormone cortisol and making you retain stuff! :D !)

as bizarre as it sounds i think this is right! whenever i go for my weigh in, im always paranoid about whether i've had a decent loss and as i always obsess by weighing at home beforehand. i usually stay the same from the monday to the weds (my weigh in day) then on the thurs the day after the weigh in, ive usually lost another 1lb or even 2lbs on some weeks! whether its my normal weight loss or the fact that im stressing before the weigh in im not sure, but its seems to be a regular pattern these days!!

I'm exactly the same lumpyandbumpy! Someone suggested I change my WI day but I just no it won't make a difference! My CDC keeps telling me to chill and relax but I can't help the nerves!! I've taken to weighing and taking a photo on my phone to prove to her that ive lost a good amount in the week lol!!

Nothing to do with cheating it is about alerting you to the dangers that they could cause to your health while SSing (Sole Sourcing).

I felt very grumpy and tired in the first few weeks but feel fine now. A good few people find in the first few weeks that their sleep pattern is a bit all over the place but should settle down...if you think you might be drinking more tea and coffee than usual, you could try cutting down on the tea and coffee.

I would think you will feel less bloated by day 12.

8lbs off for your first week is very good, well done:happy096:
I think you mis read my posting or the way that I worded it (cheating was me eating half a beef patty not using diurectics)

On the upside bloated feeling has gone, think 8 days in my body is getting used to the new regime and I slept easily! I have never dranktea or coffee due to a milk allergy and I do not like them black. Thanks for the information as always, this forum is fab. It really helps with my motivation, I am thiking my CDC is not all that she is very fast has shakes ready when i get there and just weighs me and doesn't measure me? any how will see how I get on! But dreading sunday afternoon as it's my sister's hen do part 1 and we are going for afternoon tea, so planning a tooth ache so I can go there and not eat how bad is that!! I hate lying!!!

Back