Pesty's Diary: Losing the baby bulge

I think pregnancy has warped my taste buds. Another recipe and again it tasted AMAZING I don't remember slimming world meals being that nice?! Nice yeah, but not that nice!!

Had Moroccan lamb and Cous Cous tonight and have enough left for lunch tomorrow.

I ate at 18:30, it's now 8:40 and I'm still full to bursting. This little madam is taking up so much room inside me there isn't much room for over eating and unfortunately, no room for ice cream tonight!! Booooooooooo

SO

Got sent for a GTT the week before last (Glucose Tolerance Test) and had the results the next day to tell me all clear. Went to the midwife last wednesday and was told that I have diabetes (goodness know what results the dr was looking at). So after appts with obstiatricians and diabetes nurses and midwives Im now not allowed sugar, carbs or large portions - i feel like you will all understand that sugar not really bothered me due to being so use to SW but the carbs and large portions is a bit of a struggle!!!

I also have to finger prick and record my blood sugar levels 4 times a day.

It means that she is getting big quick - im two weeks over size at the moment (so 31 instead of 29). They dont let you go overdue but we may well be being induced before xmas!!!

We've got extra scans booked in so they can monitor it, the first being on 3rd Nov (we think - were awaiting the official letter) followed by an appt with the diabetes nurse straight after.

Weighed myself this morning and ive only put on 1lb in the last month which is a huge shock considering shes supposedly extra big and all that!!! So 210.8 (15st 1lb) I really expected to be more like 15.5 by now!!!!

Foodwise ive mainly gone to SW red days, just trying to keep the portions down!

Hope you're all well xxx

It sounds like its all going ok, well done on sticking with SW that must be hard at times x

It sounds like its all going ok, well done on sticking with SW that must be hard at times x

Hey Michelle,

Its actually easier this way, I'm only sticking to it becuase its good for the diabetes, otherwise id be eating a big bag of kettle chips as we speak!! haha

Just had an email from the nurses, they want me in for a scan on friday and depending on my test results friday i may need to start injecting myself with insulin in the mornings - really hoping it doesnt come to that!!

xx

Hey babe - so is it gestational diabetes or....diabetes?sound like you have it all in control and taking things in your stride!

Time is flying by!!!

Lots of love xx

Hey babe - so is it gestational diabetes or....diabetes?sound like you have it all in control and taking things in your stride!

Time is flying by!!!

Lots of love xx

Just gestational as far as we are aware - we wont know until she is born and im tested again as it is exactly the same as type 2.

I feel like I've been pregnant forever!!! Im sure the next 8-10 weeks will fly by though

Cant to see her and squish her gorgeous little nose

xxx

Awe so cute. Can u recognise any of u or oh in her? We are debating getting one about 30 weeks but I think they are super expensive out here. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Awe so cute. Can u recognise any of u or oh in her? We are debating getting one about 30 weeks but I think they are super expensive out here. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes definitely, in one of the photos she looks exactly like me as a baby, although i do think she has James' cheeks.

Its not too cheap here either - £150! We got a deal on ******* though so only paid £75

xx

Hey Pesty

How are you getting on??

Time is going by, your little girl will be here before you know it :)

Hope you are keeping well xxx

My little lady has officially entered the stages of making me ginormous!!

I'm getting induced so about 6 weeks left to go.

I'm on insulin now for the diabetes too which is a bit pants.

How you getting on? Xxx

Attachments

• image-1271312037.jpg
    image-1271312037.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 54
Aww soo cute tho, love the dress. And at least you have a rough idea when she'll be here - right around Christmas time??!!

I'm good, 27 weeks tomorrow and beginning to feel big and uncomfortable! Plus with my anterior placenta she has moved right out of the way and is kicking in the wrong direction, I can no longer feel her kicks from the outside and can only feel really muffled movements which is a bit rubbish. As long as she's moving tho, I'm happy!! Can't believe I've still got 3 months of this though!!

Aww soo cute tho, love the dress. And at least you have a rough idea when she'll be here - right around Christmas time??!!

I'm good, 27 weeks tomorrow and beginning to feel big and uncomfortable! Plus with my anterior placenta she has moved right out of the way and is kicking in the wrong direction, I can no longer feel her kicks from the outside and can only feel really muffled movements which is a bit rubbish. As long as she's moving tho, I'm happy!! Can't believe I've still got 3 months of this though!!

3 months!! For some reason i thought you were a couple of weeks behind me.

Thanks re the dress, its one of ebay that i got for £10 haha. Yep, Ill be induced between 16-24 december!! Not sure of an exact date until im 36 weeks (so 4 weeks time).

Shame about the kicks!! Mines really strong now so when you're tryinhg to sleep and suddenly get a massive boot at 3am which makes you jump out of your skin its not such a blessing haha. Hiccups are also a daily joy, almost like someone repeatedly flicking me on the inside every 5 seconds haha

xx

I've bought a lot of stuff off Ebay, I refuse to spend loads of money on clothes that (hopefully) won't fit me in a few months!!

Guess I should count myself lucky that baby isn't keeping me awake with big kicks!!xx

So day 2 of taking insulin and im still not seeing much difference in my blood results.

I have to call the diabetes nurse on Friday anyway but i'd be very surprised if they dont up my dosage.

Its nice to have a little carb back in my life! Had a bit of sketti with my bolognese last night YUM.

1 month until we find out when were being induced!! EXCITED!!!

xx

It's so weird, to me, your pregnancy seems to be flying by... By the same logic my own should be, but it feels slow... Desperate to get to the 30s now and be on the final countdown ;) xx

It's so weird, to me, your pregnancy seems to be flying by... By the same logic my own should be, but it feels slow... Desperate to get to the 30s now and be on the final countdown ;) xx

Everyone keeps saying mine is really quick but it felt so slow up till 26 weeks (as that when her survival rate outside the womb was high) and then it seems to have gone at a steady pace.

I still dont think its particularly quick but I'm happier with the pace. I think its the mind state when you suddenly realise 'its only 6 weeks' rather than 'ive still got 6 weeks'

xx

Back