Pesty's Diary: Losing the baby bulge

Hey Pesty

How's it going?? You must be sooo close now??

We went to see the maternity ward at the hospital where I'll be giving birth this morning, eeeek, it's really real now, one way or another this baby is coming out soon!!

Just want Xmas and New Year over with now!! xxx

Got excited there thinking there might be an update... Due date tomorrow but I'm guessing baby may already be here??!! Hope you get a second soon to let us know, sooo excited for you xxx

So sorry, it unsubscribed me!!!!!

Lily was born on 20th December weighing 9lb 2.

Had a bit of a horrific labour, 2 days of contractions then 18 hours active labour, lost her heart beat and nearly ended up emergency c section then after 45 minutes pushing nearly had forcepts!!

Have stitches (as I'm sure you guessed!!)

How wonderful!
Well, not the awful labour part, but the Lily part.

I hope you're feeling sufficiently recovered from the trauma to be able to start enjoying her.

We do need pics, though. As I'm sure you will know!

It posted to early, photos now attached!!

I'm on the mend now too which is nice. Lost 2.5 stone so far since madam was born so on the right track!!!

Xxx

Attachments

• image-1861235604.jpg
    image-1861235604.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 43
It posted to early, photos now attached!!

I'm on the mend now too which is nice. Lost 2.5 stone so far since madam was born so on the right track!!!

Xxx

Hey, you're not meant to lose that much that fast.
Not fair.
I thought we were having a competition - but that's just ridiculous!

Haha sorry!! It's got a lot to do with the big baby AND the fact that caring for the stinker in the first few weeks means not a lot of time for mummy to eat!!

I had horrible stomach cramps every time I ate too so wasn't too good. I'd be very surprised if I don't gain this week now that I have my appetite back

Xx

Awwww - lovely piccies.
And she was a big girl at 9 lb 2

Yes, how sore I am reminds me just how big she is!! Haha.

I'm breastfeeding which is supposed to help with getting back to prepregnancy weight, she is a hungry baby though and seems to be on the boob all day!!! So if all is fair then I should be another two stone lighter by next week ?

No - that would NOT be fair!
You're already no doubt a couple of stone ahead of me.
No more cheating!

I shall weigh again this week and get the stats updated!!

OH goes back to work on the 8th then it's full steam ahead!!! It's a naff excuse but I find it incredibly hard when he's at home to keep on SW as hell cook to help out and it's not SW friendly!!

Xx

Right then!

Friend of mine started SW a few weeks ago and is going to an actual class (I've weighed from home since I can remember). In the interest of a fresh start and to catch up on changes, etc I may have missed, I am going to join her.

Not sure how long that'll last as i still think it's a lot to pay if I end up not staying for the group session, but we shall see!!

So WI will now be a Monday. Weekends have always been a struggle for me but that was due to having the routine of work keeping me in check (and away from the kitchen cupboards), now that I'm on maternity leave every day will be like a weekend in a sense so it shouldn't make too much difference. If anything, more time at home should make me have the time to eat better (in theory) or Lily will keep me so busy that I won't have time to snack on rubbish.

What I must avoid is missing meals and ONLY snacking on rubbish when I get a chance (usually whilst breastfeeding I can reach some biscuits or chocolate!!!!)

OH is back to work tomorrow so im going to be good today but not strictly SW, just cut out the biscuits (!!) and start properly from tomorrow when our routine can start

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back