Pesty's Diary: Losing the baby bulge

OMG Hun, she is beautiful, I'm soo happy for you :) Labour sounds like a nightmare, but hopefully you are recovering nicely now, and you can forget the anguish and enjoy your time with her :D

Brilliant loss so far too, she was a big baby, but 2.5 stone is incredible! I hope I can lose a lot after my little one arrives, Christmas has ruined me!!

Well done you for getting back to SW too, I agree the cost per week is a lot of money, but if you need the accountability, even initially, I think it could be a good thing. And weighing on a Monday shouldn't make too much difference as you say, unless your OH is around more on the weekends and could be a bad influence? Hopefully he will be supportive of you and not try to drag you off course!!

xxx

Thanks Dizz, hope you're well.

Laura, yeah I was impressed with 2.5 but I think some of that may have gone back on now that my appetite is back!!

I am breastfeeding which apparently burns calories so hopefully that's helped!!

I'll weigh later and update stats and then start tomorrow. I don't want to wait until Monday to start properly or I'll have put all 2.5 back on!!! Haha

How long do you have left? Only a few weeks isn't it? Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

4 weeks til edd but she is currently breech. Got another scan in a couple of weeks and if she's still breech I'll be booked in for a section at about 39 weeks. Knowing my luck if she does turn, she will stay tucked up and I'll still have another 5-6 weeks to wait!!

Worth it in the end but I'm getting impatient already!!

Xxx

Being pregnant seems like a million years ago to me!!! I miss sleep!!!!!! Hahah

Hope your little one turns but is nice and early for you!! Assume that's the best outcome?!

Can wait to see piccys!!!!

Day 1

B - 2 wm toast, phili 2, marmite
L - omelette (2 eggs, milk (part A), peppers, onions, bacon.
D - beef stew (beef, oxo, mixed herbs, mustard (1), red wine vinegar, carrots, onions, mushrooms). Mash (milk part A), runner beans

So that's the plan. If I can get the little missy down for a nap then I'll get dinner in the slow cooker!!!

So today not overly successful!!

Breakfast was as stated. I didn't have a chance to have lunch when I should have done so took bevita breakfast biscuits (12 syns!!!). Had a pasta and sauce upon my return (1/2 syn). Beef stew for dinner just meat and various veg so that was okay. Mars ice cream (7). Pots of joy (8).

So, downfall here appears to be a sweet tooth I've suddenly developed!! One of the above would have been okay, maybe not all three of them!!!!! Heyho, try again tomorrow Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
I don't know if it's pregnancy related or I'm just using it as an excuse but I've developed a massive sweet tooth recently. We got a whole naughty cupboard full of sweet stuff at Xmas and swore it would take months to eat... It's about 3/4 done already ??. The sooner it's gone the better us how I'm looking at it!!

Your meals sound tasty tho, good start ?xx

Yeah I've always been savoury, don't know where this has suddenly come from!!!

So today was not slimming world friendly. Maybe I'm not as ready as I thought I was, but I don't want to put on weight, I want to keep losing!!!

Breakfast was weetabix minis and skimmed milk. Then some breakfast biscuits. Then left over beef stew. Then a pot of joy. Then half a pack of fruit pastels. Then lamb steak, veg and new potatoes. Then a Mars ice cream.

So not great. I did however avoid going out for lunch. I daren't think how many calories I would have had if I'd done that too!!!!!

OH is off for the weekend too so it's only going to get harder!!!

Thanks Elle!!! Hope you're well??

So today was a disaster.

Breakfast, belvita biscuits.
Lunch, sausage sandwich on white bread
Snacks, mini yorkie, after eights, 5 fruit pastels, another slice of white bread

I'm now drinking half a cider - at least this is all I can have due to breast feeding!!!

So a snacky day with no good foods so far!!!

After nine months of no carbs or sweet foods due to the gestational diabetes I'm clearly making up for lost time!!!!!

for Los

Today was a better day (so far), not perfect, just better. Lily had her tongue tie snipped and a doctors appt for her blocked tear ducts so I've been out of the house and away from the snacks!!

I'm going to group tonight so will learn what this SP thing is about and hopefully get more inspiration and motivation by making it all official - and knowing I'll have to get on the scales next week !!!

Will update later with proper stats.

Afternoon chica. I take it from your comment that the diabetes was definitely gestational.
Are you back to normal now and off the insulin?

Hey hun.

I've got another GTT when Lily is 6 weeks old so I'll find out then if I still have it. In the meantime my diet is back to normal with no insulin!!

So group last night was good. Today was even better!!

Even with the sprog not wanting to be put down for 5 minutes I've managed to avoid reaching for the biccys!!

6 syns total and 5 healthy extras as I'm breast feeding

Hopefully tomorrow will be more of the same!!!

Xx

. . . So group last night was good. Today was even better!!

Even with the sprog not wanting to be put down for 5 minutes I've managed to avoid reaching for the biccys!!

Yayyyyyy - well done on no biccys

Yayyyyyy - well done on no biccys

Hopefully this can continue into tomorrow!!

I'm filling in a food diary so rather than repeating that I'll take a photo of it tomorrow and add it.

To summarise.

B - banana, toast, alpen light bars
L - jacket potato, chilli and cheese
D - pork steak and roasted veg/potatoes

I'm not so enjoying another 3am feed and trying to stay awake whilst my baby pretends to breastfeed!!

I've been on plan the last two days, which feels like quite the achievement seems how I don't appear to have a second to myself, I'm not quite sure how mums do it - not just SW but anything generally, cook, clean, sleep, shower, have a hot drink, etc.

I'm hopeful that I can keep it up, the challenge will be Saturday when OH is off work as he can look after Lily whilst I reach for the biscuits!!! Or worse, he'll cook and bring me non-SW food. I'll have a word and ask him not too but when I haven't eaten he gets quite adamant that I have it rather than nothing.

Maybe I can do some batch cooking at the weekend so I have more 'grab and go' bits, Lily is so clingy atm that I don't get very long to cook.

On a separate note I can't change the title of my diary, I thought you just edited the first post but that didn't work. Any chance someone can remind me please?

I remember when my two were babies they took up so much time, it seemed like I spent my day being busy doing nothing!! It will get easier, Lydia was soooooooooooo clingy she would cry when I went for a wee, but you've got to decide for yourself if Lily is ok to be put down or if she really does need to be picked up so much, being a mum is so hard, babies don't come with a manual & you never know whether the decision you're making is the right one or not!!!!

Back