Pesty's Diary: Losing the baby bulge

Thanks Bev. It's so nice to see Lily settled, long may it continue!!

Yeah the STS is annoying. I don't do well with carbs and I'm pretty sure I have a wheat intolerance but it's all so tasty I can seem to stay away!!

I think that's why I have such naff losses, if a loss at all!!

Still, going to give it my best this week. A bit of batch cooking with lots of SF is needed I suspect!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Maybe as well as making sure you have more superfree you should up the calcium?
More A choices rather than B choices, possibly. Partly because if you have issues with carbs you won't be compounding them, but partly because you'll be giving a lot of your calcium to Lily, and you need it!

The Superfree thing, if you can get that increased will obviously also help with portion control, and possibly help you control the amount of carbs you're needing to feel full enough.

(And yes, knowing the answers doesn't mean that I follow them either!!!)

So been to WI and STS. Quite miffed as I was good apart from my one flexi day then a couple of syns over on another.

I think it's due to not enough SF. They say if it doesn't go with the meal you can leave it out but I had a big batch of chili so with a jacket once and with rice twice, all three times the only SF in it was the tinned toms and the garlic! So I had more carbs and more mince than I would have done if I had of added more veg.

That accounts for 1 bad meal and 3 not good enough meals. So that's 4, the other 17 were good, surely that can't mean a STS?!

I'm going to blame bloat and milk issues. Up the super free and expect my body to make up for it next week and if it doesn't I'll have a bloody great strop! Humpf.

I've read many diaries where people have stayed the same but have a massive loss the following weigh in.

As for super free I go frozen...frozen peas, veg, raspberries and blackberries.

I've been drinking lemon and lime water too which helps cleanse body there SS too.

Wishing you another good week with the hard work paying off at weigh in.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thanks both.

Updates are as follows.

1) I'm stopping BF. I did a day formula feeding yesterday and adding the gaviscon for her silent reflux and I now have a happy baby!! I expressed all day and only got 2oz each time so my poor little sausage wasn't getting anything near the 6oz she happily guzzles per feed.

2) I'll be damn luckily if I lose a drop this week. After a not successful STS what I should have done is get on it, up super free, add more calcium and work my bum off to get a good loss next week.

Instead I sulked, drank two glasses of wine, ate a Chinese and devoured a tub of Ben and Jerry's.

Tomorrow I will get back on it. If lily is now going to be my jolly princess this may all be a bit more manageable! Meal planning and batch cooking needs to happen. I've been out and bought yogurts and fruit. I've got one mini magnum left and no chocolate (that I'm aware of).

Wish me luck!!

Sounds like you have it all sorted! And good on you for making the right decision for you and your little lady. Fingers crossed she'll be much happier now and give you some mummy time x

Thanks both.

Updates are as follows.

1) I'm stopping BF. I did a day formula feeding yesterday and adding the gaviscon for her silent reflux and I now have a happy baby!! I expressed all day and only got 2oz each time so my poor little sausage wasn't getting anything near the 6oz she happily guzzles per feed.

2) I'll be damn luckily if I lose a drop this week. After a not successful STS what I should have done is get on it, up super free, add more calcium and work my bum off to get a good loss next week.

Instead I sulked, drank two glasses of wine, ate a Chinese and devoured a tub of Ben and Jerry's.

Tomorrow I will get back on it. If lily is now going to be my jolly princess this may all be a bit more manageable! Meal planning and batch cooking needs to happen. I've been out and bought yogurts and fruit. I've got one mini magnum left and no chocolate (that I'm aware of).

Wish me luck!!

Lily is happy your happy...you made a good choice.

As for the Chinese etc...it's done and dusted don't look back keep going...who knows...the scales may surprise you...there is still 5days to weigh in

SF....petiti pois, pepper, cabbage...I chuck them in majority of my meals lol...

I know your gonna get a loss this week....because lil is happy which in turn make you happy

As for the food, I'll get on it tomorrow. I also intend on taking photos of meals and adding them here; then any lack of loss should be easier to explain as we can see what I've had.

Gluten tolerance test at 8am tomorrow to see if I still have diabetes so no food in the morning for me!!!

Don't feel guilty! You tried, she got colostrum and breast milk. It's not for you. Job done in my opinion! We live in a country where there is choice and your baby is going to be a well fed happy young lady. And you're going to be a happy mummy. That is all that matters.

Now...pep talk done, get meal planning!!

Oh...and she is gorgeous!!!

Thanks LO. Pep talk much appreciated. It's easy to feel bad, I think that's due to the 'breast is best' campaign that seems to get rammed down your throat a bt!!

You're quite right, if she's happy, I'm happy.

Will post the plan tomorrow along with food photos for the day. If you spot something I've gotten wrong please do pipe up!!

I know, I get fed up of the breast is best stuff and I'm a flipping midwife! What's best is what makes the family unit happy and helps you to enjoy your baby. I'm always telling my women that I don't care how they feed their babies, I'll support them regardless, just as long as baby gets fed lol!

I think you've made the right decision x

Thanks. I felt so guilty but this told me I made the right choice...

That is one happy baby!!!!

Soo cute!

I know, I get fed up of the breast is best stuff and I'm a flipping midwife! What's best is what makes the family unit happy and helps you to enjoy your baby. I'm always telling my women that I don't care how they feed their babies, I'll support them regardless, just as long as baby gets fed lol! I think you've made the right decision x

Thank you. It feels really good to hear that!! X

. . . SF....petiti pois, pepper, cabbage...I chuck them in majority of my meals lol...
Errrrm - if what you mean by SF is Superfree - I don't think petit pois are.
All peas except sugar snap peas come into the beans, peas and pulses category.

On EE (and green) they are just free food. On red they are a HexB.
And as far as I'm aware on the 2015 EE plan they still just remain free.

Awww - I don't do babies, but Lily looks so sweet, and so much happier.
I agree with LO - you've made the right choice chica. A happy and well fed baby - means a happy mum - and that's what matters.
((( Hugs )))

But more pep talk - I also agree with LO, get meal planning, get batch cooking and eliminate all the temptation from the house.
YOU CAN DO THIS.

Thanks Bev.

My hospital appt tomorrow includes two hours sat around not able to go anywhere so hopefully there is adequate time for meal planning !!

Mums having Lils too so no distractions!!!

Aww she is just gorgeous. Can't wait til my little one can give me big smiles I know are something other than gas!!

And good for u making the right decision re bf for you and Lily. I'm sure if u are both happier, that will help your frame of mind for getting back I. Track with sw xxx

Errrrm - if what you mean by SF is Superfree - I don't think petit pois are.
All peas except sugar snap peas come into the beans, peas and pulses category.

On EE (and green) they are just free food. On red they are a HexB.
And as far as I'm aware on the 2015 EE plan they still just remain free.

The book I have had them down as SS.

I've never been to SW meetings I was just under the impression SS foods are really good

The book I have had them down as SS.

I've never been to SW meetings I was just under the impression SS foods are really good

Ah-hah it all becomes clear
SS = Super-speed not SF = Superfree.
The old book says that SS are "Super-healthy, super-filling, super-tasty and free on EE"
Superfree foods are super-satisfying for the appetite and very, very low in calories. It is these that you can have as much as you want and for snacking on.

On the 2015 plan, SS foods have disappeared completely and things like peas are now classed as Proteins because of the relative high calorie content of them

Back