Petit Shopping

Kikikisses

Silver Member
I'm a shorty at 5 foot 2 and always struggle to find good petit ranges in stores. The only places I have found really are NEXT and Dorothy Perkins. It's frustrating that the shops aimed at my age tend to do what they claim is a petit 'range' but only really go up to size 14 and their 14 is more like a 10. Being short feels like such a jab in the side when it comes to clothes shopping :/

Can anyone suggest other good shops for short people?

I know tall people have the same problem but the tall ranges seem to go into big sizes at least.

Have you tried Laura Ashley? Possibly too old but they do have some nice pieces in there - as long as you don't buy matching shirts and blouses I'm sure there would be something?

My local asda does a petite range that goes up to an 18 i think! I am 5ft 3 and i find im that im between height! Petite trouser can be a little bit too short but normal length too long!

Also new look and peacocks now do trousers in short lenghts!

I'm 5'2" aswell. I found some trousers in BHS petites range nice. The tops are a bit oldish, but the trousers are good. Also dare I mention M&S? I usually get trousers there.

Some awesome choices, mostly shops I don't usually go in :) I think with trousers the age doesn't matter, just with dresses I find normal length ones to fit in the wrong places where as petit ones tend to look nicer in general. Will check these stores out, thanks guys x

The major supermarkets do petit ranges - Tesco and ASDA have a range and also Peacocks. Might be worth having a look. x

i agree with julie19-wallis is good (im also 5'2) you will be surprised what they have in it if its not somewhere you normally go in

also john rocha do a petite range which is a bit younger in style

Will definitely try Wallis and you're right it's not somewhere I'd have thought of. I know their quality is good though which is a perk you don't always get in youth high street fashion.

Back