PGD's keep on track diary

poppygreendog

Silver Member
Morning All

I've lost count of how many times I've done CD, I've lost and put on lost and put on so many times and know in my heart is because I have never seen it through to the end. This time I started back on 1st february and from then until now have lost 22lb. We all know though don't we that if I'd been sticking 100% to the plan I would be much further forward than that!

I have over the last couple of weeks convinced myself that it's ok to cheat, it's ok to do Mon-Fri 100% on the plan and then eat and drink my way through the weekend, and I know that its not ok and that I will as I have over the last 3 weeks yo-yo my way through the weeks lucky enough to hold onto the lbs lost and ridiculously lucky this week to have lost 1lb!

So, having been inspired by you all and you journeys I'm reading in your diaries I'm starting one of my own with a couple of ground rules:

1. I will post once a day at least on my diary, I hope to be 100% but even if I'm bad I still come here and post (hopefully the shame of having to admit I've done wrong will be enough to prevent me from cheating in the first place!)

2. I will update my ticker weekly and report my weekly weight loss here, my weigh day is Saturday's, from this week I will report my weekly weight loss.

3) I will work my way up through the plans when I get to goal to sustain the weight loss.

Today I am focused - I'm 1 pack down and on 4th 1/2 litre of water. Where I have done the plan so many times I am limited in the flavours I like and consequently at the moment only have choc tetras and the ocassional bar. Through choice, tetras are the easiest option for a commuter like me and I hate all soups and porridge!

So I'm going to take day by day and hope this diary keeps me on track! :D

good luck with your restart, I'm restarting tomorrow. Last time I never worked my way up the plans and like you convinced myself it was okay to cheat a little, but tomorrow is a fresh start, and I am going to take it one day at a time,

I'm going to take day by day and hope this diary keeps me on track! :D

LOL, good for you. :happy096: I started (yet another) diary for exactly that reason. I've made a promise to myself to be completely honest and come on here and tell the world how I'm doing, regardless of whether I stuck to my shakes or whether I've stuffed my face with all kinds of other stuff. So far, so good (though I've had a couple of 'painful' days since starting it up again).

I have over the last couple of weeks convinced myself that it's ok to cheat, it's ok to do Mon-Fri 100% on the plan and then eat and drink my way through the weekend, and I know that its not ok and that I will as I have over the last 3 weeks yo-yo my way through the weeks lucky enough to hold onto the lbs lost and ridiculously lucky this week to have lost 1lb!

First off, lose that word 'cheat'. You can't 'cheat' with food! It's impossible! You can cheat in an exam, you can cheat on your partner but you can't cheat on your diet. The word 'cheat' refers to something illegal or immoral - and food is neither of those things, LOL. It's just food - food you wish you hadn't eaten, but just food all the same.

I'm guessing that your weekends are very different to your weekdays, and that's why it's a struggle to stay on track? Just a thought, but is it worth considering doing SS+ at weekends, so that you can at least have something to eat? That way, you could (at a push) have chicken tikka pieces and salad, or go to Nando's. It might make you feel a bit more 'normal' without doing very much damage to your weight loss results.

Or are you an 'all or nothing' sort of person? :D

So - that was a good start, promptly came down with flu the day following my first post and didn't get out of bed for 2 days :cry:let alone stick to any sort of plan! On the plus side I didn't eat anything so have held onto weight loss and then did my usual 'oh well I'll restart Monday' over the weekend!:mad: But I have restarted so yay!:jelous:

Thanks Trisha for stopping by my diary, I hope your restart is working well for you :jelous:.

Lily - that's me an all or nothing girl to be honest and I'm not proud but I find the alcohol at weekends harder to give up than the food, not bothered by treats or food at all really but I suppose one thing leads to another (hangs head in shame:().

So, here I go again, I'm one tetra down and on my 2nd 1/2 litre of water, I've had a lovely black coffee on the way to work this morning and the sun is shining over London so all is good with my world.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

My daughter and her lovely boyfriend got engaged on Sunday so now I HAVE to complete this journey. No more excuses! This week I am weighing on Monday as my CD can't do the weekend, I'm viewing that as a little more time to have a good weight loss this week.

PGD xx:D

So far today has been a good day. I've had 2 tetras and 3 litres of water and the sun is shining beautifully in London, 45 minutes till I leave to travel home, I commute to London from Kent every day which is a pain but I guess I'm lucky I don't mind the commute.

Hoping the sun will still be out when I get home and I can sit in the garden with a water and my last shake of the day.

I'm so excited about my daughters wedding and cannot wait until I feel comfortable enough with my weight to go out looking for the very best outfit. Woo hoo, this might just be the thing that keeps me on track.

Looking at venues this weekend so she can finalise a date.

See you all tomorrow.

PGD :D

Hi Poppy how exciting a wedding to look forward to and what an incentive for you to stay on track.

I had WI today and lost 7lbs so really pleased :bliss:

Poppy, ive been reading your diary and your posts and i know you can do it thus time! where do you live? I commute from Kent to London as well, perhaps we get the same train! We could help each other through our "journey" on the train and diet! if you are not too far away!! Xx

Morning All

Another beautiful day in London, I got to work about 7.30am this morning and the view from my 11th floor window is almost breath-taking in the sunshine, ok its tall buildings and all that but hey, funny how the same view is bleak and miserable in the winter months.

I've been flitting over the other areas of this forum over the last couple of days and have found myself looking in particular at the 1000 maintenance forum. I think if we are all honest that's the most frightening part of this journey, the keeping it off. I'm determined to work up the plans this time as I really don't want to do this again, I want to sort my relationship with food once and for all, eat like a slim person, make the right choices etc etc. I digress, what I've found from reading that section is that maintenance really is the hardest part, its almost like the freedom that comes with maintenance makes people wobble. I think a lot about how I will eat when I get to the end, I don't want to go to a class like SW of WW forever but fear that to keep on track it's something I may well do. I have thought that perhaps I will just eat low carb no bread, high protein type meals Mon-Fri and then eat what I like at weekends but is that just carrying on in my old ways but just two days a week!:sign0007: What do you all think - do you have a cunning plan to keep you at goal, I'd be interested to hear what you think.

trishaHi Poppy how exciting a wedding to look forward to and what an incentive for you to stay on track.

I had WI today and lost 7lbs so really pleased

:party0019::553: - well done you 7lbs is fanbl**dy tastic. Yes I think the wedding will be the one thing lol, I can see myself in a MOB outfit and am so excited even though it won't be until next summer.

PrincessCharlotte - I come in from the Island of sheppey so Sittingbourne is my mainline train station. I leave on the 6.19am, usually at work by 7.30am. Nice to hear from someone on here from my neck of the woods. Thanks for reading my posts, not sure that I'm that interesting, just my ramblings but hopefully they will keep me on track this time :D

I'm doing well today, just about to start my 3rd 1/2 litre of water and 1 tetra down. I am doing 3 packs a day sole source but HAVE to have 1 cup of tea a day with skimmed milk. Don't count it and don't care either :sign0007:

Anyway - hope its sunny where you are, I'll check in laters.

PGD

Last edited:
hmmn - just realised that I tried to cut and paste Trisha and PrincessCharlotte's comments to answer them and this clearly hasn't happened, if anyone can tell me how to do it properly I'd appreciate it. x PGD :)

Hello and nice to meet you.. thanx for posting in my diary.!

to reply to a thread go to the left handside next ti the thanx button these a blue square with a white sheet and a pencil.. press on that then type.!

how are u doing today ?

Morning All

Another beautiful day in London, I got to work about 7.30am this morning and the view from my 11th floor window is almost breath-taking in the sunshine, ok its tall buildings and all that but hey, funny how the same view is bleak and miserable in the winter months.

I was in London this morning - if I'd known you were there I'd have waved. :D I was in Westminster in the sunshine. Pity I couldn't stay outside and enjoy it for long though. Blooming meetings.

I've been flitting over the other areas of this forum over the last couple of days and have found myself looking in particular at the 1000 maintenance forum. I think if we are all honest that's the most frightening part of this journey, the keeping it off. I'm determined to work up the plans this time as I really don't want to do this again, I want to sort my relationship with food once and for all, eat like a slim person, make the right choices etc etc. I digress, what I've found from reading that section is that maintenance really is the hardest part, its almost like the freedom that comes with maintenance makes people wobble. I think a lot about how I will eat when I get to the end, I don't want to go to a class like SW of WW forever but fear that to keep on track it's something I may well do.

Me too. Though I've never let myself get close enough to maintenance to find out. :rolleyes:

But interestingly, both Judith Beck and Linda Spangle (my two favourite diet gurus :D) both agree that if you get the 'dieting journey' right - gotta love that word 'journey' ;) - maintenance is a doddle. And maybe they're right. If you can practice the mindset techniques and manage the sabotaging thoughts while you're doing the weight loss stage, maybe it won't be so bad to keep doing so once you get to maintenance. I'm certainly hoping so. Well, trying to do more than hope. I'm trying to work on it. :)

I have thought that perhaps I will just eat low carb no bread, high protein type meals Mon-Fri and then eat what I like at weekends but is that just carrying on in my old ways but just two days a week!:sign0007:

Hmm. Not ever so sure that would work - because you'd be going in and out of ketosis all the time. You'd have a permanent headache from getting used to dealing without carbs then dealing with them again.

I'm doing my level best to make myself understand that if I want to stay slim, I can't go back to my old ways. :( I will be able to eat whatever I want - but NOT whenever I want. It's not something I want to accept, but I think I'm going to have to. :sigh: I guess I'm just going to have to keep my 'fat' pictures close to hand to remind myself why I don't ever want to go back there!

Well done on keeping going - you're doing fab! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi pgd I plan to work my way up the plans and then just low carb high protein as well I don't fancy ww or sw either.

I've got really bad stomach cramps today, can anyone let me know what this might be and if anyone suffers with and cramps from doing CD?! I'm not feeling hungry but my tummy is obviously not very happy!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I also agree maintaining will be hard. I have been overweight most of my life and feel I will be maintaining when I reach goal for life. :wave_cry: I feel going to a slimming class like SW or WW to keep me in check.

Back