Pharmacist sold me celebrity slim with lipotrim?

lauren

Hey everyone when I went for my weekly supply of lipotrim on sat I asked my pharmacist for some flapjacks . He didn't have any in and offered me a couple of celebrity slim bars for when I feel I need it ? He told me to still have all my shakes and have one of these as an occasional treat as they wouldn't take me out of ketosis? I am really wondering if he is too lenient as he had also said sugar free gum is fine. Has anyone else had these bars while on lipotrim or had your pharmacist tell u to eat them ? Maybe I should change pharmacy

15/04/12 - 18st5lb 20/04/12 - 17st8lb

Personally I would err on the side of caution and not deviate from the Lipotrim products. Check the ingredients for sugars etc. that could have an adverse affect on your diet. Sorry I can't be any more help
:(

Hi, you aren't allowed any food ! Check your refeed sheet it's really strict and now chewing gum even says that in the website Hun, he's not being fair to you !
Your not allowed flap jacks until week 3 either and to be honest had my first one and it's horrid x

I'd change pharmacy if i were you Lauren! He doesn't sound very well informed at all. Nutty is right, no food whatsoever so i'd give them a miss and finsd a different lipotrim stockist

I agree with the ladies above, those celebrity slim bars are very carbohydrate dense and would likely knock you out of ketosis, for how informed he appeared to be he might as well as told you to eat chicken! It really is in anyones best interest on LT to stick to LT TFR products only. I hope you manage to find yourself a new pharmacy that is at least educated about the plan. x

Celebrity Slim have a warning on the side of their box of shakes to say that Celebrity Slim is not to be used as a TFR.

I wrote early January last year to Lipotrim about swapping Lipotrim with Texco's replacement meal bar and you can read my email and Lipotrim's reply below ...

We at MiniMins do our best to make sure that our members only get the proper guidelines on how to use Lipotrim TFR but a member has said that she contacted you directly and off the record she was told that it was okay to use Tesco bars in place of Lipotrim flapjacks.

I would be greatly if you could clear up your position on this as it is causing great confusion and concern among our members who are using Lipotrim TFR like myself as this person is very insistent she spoke to you about this.

Please let us know so that we can put this matter to rest...Is it safe or acceptable to use Tesco bars and other diet bars which might have similar nutritional ingredients as replacement product for Lipotrim flapjacks whilst doing Lipotrim TFR...officially or unofficially what is your position regarding this matter.

Lipotrim reply below...

Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2012 11:09 AM
To: Mini Mins
Subject: RE: Help needed regarding...Swapping Tesco Bars with Lipotrim TFR Flapjacks?

Thank you for your email. Very sorry for the delay in response. There is no way anyone in our organisation would have given such wrong information. There is a considerable difference in the nutritional requirements for a total food replacement programme such as Lipotrim and a meal replacement product such as Tesco’s. This is not trivial since people are only consuming the diet formulas and the inadequacy of certain nutrients can cause considerable harm.
We appreciate your checking with us. We work only through health professionals and are very concerned with information placed on various forums since a high percentage of our patients have concurrent medical problems and casual advice which may not affect a totally healthy person can be very serious under conditions where there are medical issues.

Please feel free to check with us at any time.

Kind regards

Dr S. Kreitzman Ph.D, R.Nutr. (UK Registered Nutritionist)

http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-tfr-100/254774-swapping-products.html

That is crazy Lauren, dob him in!! He is setting people up to fail! :(

Thanks everyone I did think it was a bit odd! Considering everything I have read about lipotrim and the rules ....... I will be taking your advice and moving pharmacy

15/04/12 - 18st5lb 20/04/12 - 17st8lb

Back