Philly cheese recipes?

I philly garlic and herb potatoes
Parboil potaoes ( I use new potatoes in their skins), spray a ovenproof dish with frylight, slice the potatoes and place in the dish mix the garlic and herb philly with some vegetable stock til its like a double cream consistancy, pour over the potatoes and place in the oven for 45mins or until potatoes are soft on 190 degrees its lovely, sorry dont have exact measurments was bored the other day and just thought I would try something new. x

omg i have been craving cheesy pots, thanks!:)

I want the app what's it called?

I have the app for my iPhone. I just put in Philadelphia in the app store search x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Creamy peppered mushrooms is my favourite use of philadelphia light:

Saute some shallotts in fry light, add loads of mushrooms, and 400ml of stock, using whichever flavour matches what you are eating them with. Bring to the boil, and simmer rapidly until the mushrooms have cooked, stir in a 200g tub of philadelphia, and simmer gently, until reduced to the consistency that you require.I leave it more saucy if eating with pasta, and thicker if serving with grilled meat etc. Add loads of crushed black peppercorns to taste.

The variations on this are endless, sometimes, I don't make it peppery, and then it is like a diane sauce.

Sometimes, I saute chicken, pork or beef with the shallotts, and cook as above, either with or without the mushrooms - The chicken and mushroom one is particularly good with pasta, and pork fillett without the mushrooms is absolutely delicious.

I use the 200g tub which serves three of us, so my third is now my HEXA, but you can use any quanity, just double the volume of stock, i.e. 71 g of philly light = 142 ml stock.

Made this tonight and it was absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you Lynn for a lovely recipe. x

I used ricotta before for this but i suppose it can be done with philly, its out of the green recipe book,

using the big pasta shells, cook them then stuff them with now with philly and cooked spinach, with chopped up pieces of bacon (he) i then used grated cheese as syns, put a couple of grated bits over each one and the placed them under the grill, cook some passata, mushrooms, garlic and onion and then place massive stuffed pasta shells on there

FAB!

where can you get these big pasta shells please as i have looked but cant find any
thanks

where can you get these big pasta shells please as i have looked but cant find any
thanks

We got them in asda, called italian conchiglioni, they are dried so should be with all their other pasta but they are part of the extra special, so the bag has got a blue centre band round it

Clare x

They do them in the taste the difference range at sainsburys too. I have some at home so am going to try the recipe tonight! xx

I made this the other day with Phili and it was lovely....

Saute a pack of chopped spring onions in fry spray, along with 2 cloves of garlic (chopped).

Once soft add a splash of white wine and reduce.

Add roughly 300-400ml of boiling water along with 200g of garlic and herb phili.

Once this has reduced to a thicker consistency i added two packets of cooked mussels... they are £1 each in tescos and yummy!! I quickly heated these through and served it with home made chips.

Was delicious!

Im not sure how many syns the wine would be, but other than that its free if you are using the phili as your healthy extra!

I philly garlic and herb potatoes
Parboil potaoes ( I use new potatoes in their skins), spray a ovenproof dish with frylight, slice the potatoes and place in the dish mix the garlic and herb philly with some vegetable stock til its like a double cream consistancy, pour over the potatoes and place in the oven for 45mins or until potatoes are soft on 190 degrees its lovely, sorry dont have exact measurments was bored the other day and just thought I would try something new. x
That sounds delicious, I bet it'd be nice with some sliced leeks or other greens added in. I've got tonight's meal planned but I might just try that tomorrow seeing as I have a leek or two that need using up. Thanks :)

I make an almost-but-not-quite carbonara with Philly light. I chop and fry in Frylight loads of red onions and mushrooms with some smoked bacon (all rind/fat removed, naturally!)

Whilst that lot is frying, I've got a huge pan of spaghetti or linguine on the boil. Once cooked, I drain it off and leave in the colander for a moment whilst I measure out 71g of Philly Light (or double, if I'm cooking for hubby as well) and beat it together with an egg and plenty of salt and pepper.

I then stir the whole lot together and you end up with a lovely, creamy pasta dish. The residual heat in the pan and from the freshly boiled spaghetti is enough to cook the egg without scrambling it.

PASTA WITH SMOKED SALMON

I love this recipe and have been making it for many many SW years! I have it as a green day but I am guessing it can be on an EE day??

Serves 4 (1 syn plus HEXA and HEXB)

2 carrots, cut into Julienne sticks
1 leek, sliced
150 ml veg or fish stock (1 cube)
HEXB - smoked salmon allowance per person cut into strips (85g)
HEXA - philadelphia light allowance per person (71g)
30ml dry White wine
1 tsp dry dill
Salt.& pepper

About 400g dry pasta or more !

Boil water and cook pasta
Put carrots and leek into saucepan with stock. Bring to boil and cook quickly for 4-5 mins until veg tender and most of stock evaporated. Remove from heat and add smoked salmon then put lid on top
In a separate saucepan on a low heat whisk cream cheese, wine, dill and seasoning- do not boil.
Drain pasta and return to pan. Add to pasta the cream cheese mixture and coat pasta evenly.

Serve: pasta at bottom and veggie with a little stock on top- we love this one!!

Kx

Attachments

• image-1811496862.jpg
    image-1811496862.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 170
I made some frosting for a syn free cake (the pancake one made with eggs).
Just added sweetener to the philly. Was amazing!

My favourite use of philly is to make a Thai curry all creamy in lieu of coconut cream. But now there is that Kara stuff....

Anyway: garlic, chilli, ginger, lime or lemon juice, veg oxo cube, passata, philly, quorn pieces, red pepper and fine beans. Add coconut essence if you have it and almonds if you can afford the hex/syns.

There is a Philadelphia cook book?
I would love one of those. I am so please that Philadelphia is part of a healthy allowance :D

I had it a couple of years ago on promotion in a supermarket if you bought some tubs of philly x

Chicken Korma! Made by chopped tomatoes and phil light.... Tastes lush! :) also... Sun free :)

Back