Phobias - what are yours

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KD, 5 August 2007 Social URL.

1. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I've just accidently picked up a dead maybug. I hate maybugs! Can't kill them mind you, but quite terrified of them.

My top two phobias must be

1. Maybugs
    2. Bridges with separated slats so that you can see what's below when you look down.[​IMG]

So what are yours?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Hi Karion
    Phobias well housework is one of them lol , Well really don't like slugs eww

4. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    I have a fear of toilets with high level cisterns - the old fashioned types that are above your head.

Once I've been to the loo I have to unlock the door before flushing and then run out of the stall as fast as I can. Raises eyebrows sometimes lol!

5. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    The cistern well my other half was at his mums and on top of the cistern she has a plant and every time the chain got pulled over time it moved the plant and he went to the loo and just got up and the plant came crashing down hes lucky cos it would of knocked him out cold lol hey have i put another idea in your head lol

6. JEM

JEM Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st11lb
    Lost(%):
    12st9lb(52.68%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Marmalade :eek: :mad:

7. Brad0053

Brad0053 Silver Member

Sharks.......I have nightmares about them.

I think like a lot of people, I was affected by the Jaws film. Mine went deeper, I refused to bath for weeks after - truthfully, I can get spooked even now in the shower if the image of a shark enters my head.

I have just got back from 2 weeks in France. For the 1st week I was happily in the Med swimming, obviously no more than 10 feet away from the shore. Then........I saw a bloody British tabloid newspaper about the apparent Great White sightings in Devon or Cornwall and that was it for me, strictly paddling after that. And all the time I was looking out to sea for a fin which my brain knows won't be there but my paranoid sense of fear just will not accept.

Now if only I have been frightened of chocolate and pizza as a child ;), oh well.

8. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I forgot that one;)

I remember our one in the garden when I was little. Hated going out there at night time. Didn't mind the flush though. We had a bit rubber type ball on the end of the chain, and I loved sitting on the loo swinging the ball and watching it bounce back and forth. Ahhh, things we remember

:D :D

:confused: Marmalade?? Why?? Is it the look of it, or you just hate the taste?

9. yummie mummy

yummie mummy Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Real phobia of BELLY BUTTONS, can even talk about them, was murder when pregnant. Also does not help being a Reg Nurse !!:eek::eek::eek:

10. kandy

kandy Silver Member

Cockroaches
    toasted toppers (cant even look at them on a shelf in the shops)
    china dolls
    flys
    Rod stewart singing i am sailing ( dont ask)

Thanks Karrion i realise i am madder than i thought !

love Julie xxx

11. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    I HATE .....................................
    [​IMG]

12. Brad0053

Brad0053 Silver Member

What Sonks???? You have a Phobia about people pointing at spiders!!!!! I should go get some help for that mate. ;)

13. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up

Cheeky........I obviously hate spiders......hee hee

14. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  15. KittyB

KittyB Gold Member

Diet:
    RC
    Flying :(

What am I doing at 1pm tomorrow?? - flying LOL :(

But it's my honeymoon :D :D

K xxxx

16. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.53%)
    Diet:
    Was on CD last year, lost 35lbs. I need to lose another 21 but haven't decided which diet to use yet
    Feet - even my own :sigh::rolleyes: Though funnily enough I used to love my 2's baby feet.
    Raw meat - all laid out in the butchers etc. EEEWWWW!!!! :eek::eek:

17. Mrs Pink

Mrs Pink Banned

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Moths, and heights

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. EllieG

EllieG Silver Member

Diet:
    Low Carb
    Heights - severe case of vertigo with them, even glass walkways in office. I have to walk in the middle and nowhere near the edge :eek:

20. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Good old fashioned heights, even watching something on the telly makes me go all sweaty if the camera shows a drop - *ewwww shudder*

also dont' like putting my face under water, had a nasty incident with a very strong tide on a sloping pebble beach and couldn't get out of the water when I was quite young, my dad pulled me out and I really thought I was going to drown, so kinda obvious where that one comes from.

Don't like crawlies, especially spiders, but have got better as I've got older, so don't know if it's really a phobia, more of a strong dislike.

21. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

The dark.

But only indoors - I'm okay with it when I'm outdoors. If I'm indoors and I have to go up the stairs without the light on I will stand in the lightest place possible to reach for the switch.

If I'm at home alone for any reason I will leave lights on all over the place because it makes me feel better.

Irrational? Of course! But knowing that doesn't make me any more comfortable in the dark.

22. Ivy

Ivy Silver Member

Spiders oh my god, spiders. so afraid even that picture is freaking me out and yet i would go to that exibition because would have to see em for myself...

Spiders. Numero Uno Phobia.

Ivy

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.