Phobias - what are yours

KD

Gone fishing
I've just accidently picked up a dead maybug. I hate maybugs! Can't kill them mind you, but quite terrified of them.

My top two phobias must be

1. Maybugs
2. Bridges with separated slats so that you can see what's below when you look down.
scared18.gif

So what are yours?

Hi Karion
Phobias well housework is one of them lol , Well really don't like slugs eww

The cistern well my other half was at his mums and on top of the cistern she has a plant and every time the chain got pulled over time it moved the plant and he went to the loo and just got up and the plant came crashing down hes lucky cos it would of knocked him out cold lol hey have i put another idea in your head lol

Sharks.......I have nightmares about them.

I think like a lot of people, I was affected by the Jaws film. Mine went deeper, I refused to bath for weeks after - truthfully, I can get spooked even now in the shower if the image of a shark enters my head.

I have just got back from 2 weeks in France. For the 1st week I was happily in the Med swimming, obviously no more than 10 feet away from the shore. Then........I saw a bloody British tabloid newspaper about the apparent Great White sightings in Devon or Cornwall and that was it for me, strictly paddling after that. And all the time I was looking out to sea for a fin which my brain knows won't be there but my paranoid sense of fear just will not accept.

Now if only I have been frightened of chocolate and pizza as a child ;), oh well.

Hi Karion
Phobias well housework is one of them lol ,

I forgot that one;)

I have a fear of toilets with high level cisterns - the old fashioned types that are above your head.

Once I've been to the loo I have to unlock the door before flushing and then run out of the stall as fast as I can. Raises eyebrows sometimes lol!

I remember our one in the garden when I was little. Hated going out there at night time. Didn't mind the flush though. We had a bit rubber type ball on the end of the chain, and I loved sitting on the loo swinging the ball and watching it bounce back and forth. Ahhh, things we remember

The cistern well my other half was at his mums and on top of the cistern she has a plant and every time the chain got pulled over time it moved the plant and he went to the loo and just got up and the plant came crashing down hes lucky cos it would of knocked him out cold lol hey have i put another idea in your head lol

:D :D

Marmalade :eek: :mad:

:confused: Marmalade?? Why?? Is it the look of it, or you just hate the taste?

Real phobia of BELLY BUTTONS, can even talk about them, was murder when pregnant. Also does not help being a Reg Nurse !!:eek::eek::eek:

Moths, and heights

Heights - severe case of vertigo with them, even glass walkways in office. I have to walk in the middle and nowhere near the edge :eek:

Good old fashioned heights, even watching something on the telly makes me go all sweaty if the camera shows a drop - *ewwww shudder*

also dont' like putting my face under water, had a nasty incident with a very strong tide on a sloping pebble beach and couldn't get out of the water when I was quite young, my dad pulled me out and I really thought I was going to drown, so kinda obvious where that one comes from.

Don't like crawlies, especially spiders, but have got better as I've got older, so don't know if it's really a phobia, more of a strong dislike.

The dark.

But only indoors - I'm okay with it when I'm outdoors. If I'm indoors and I have to go up the stairs without the light on I will stand in the lightest place possible to reach for the switch.

If I'm at home alone for any reason I will leave lights on all over the place because it makes me feel better.

Irrational? Of course! But knowing that doesn't make me any more comfortable in the dark.

Spiders oh my god, spiders. so afraid even that picture is freaking me out and yet i would go to that exibition because would have to see em for myself...

Spiders. Numero Uno Phobia.

Ivy

Back