Photographs

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by LizDesigns, 12 April 2008 Social URL.

1. LizDesigns

LizDesigns Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(10.46%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I started CD on Monday and I was just trying to think of motivation to keep me going through this weekend. One of many things I could come up with was having my photo taken.
    I had my first baby 10 months ago and there isn't one photo of me with her, not even from when she was first born. I feel so bad about it but I just can't face having my photo taken, no matter what the reason.
    Anyway her first birthday's coming up in June and I am determined to have some photos to remember the occassion.
    Anyone else have this absurd reaction to having your pic taken?
    And what motivates others?
    Best of luck to everyone doing CD. :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. spooky

spooky Banned

Totally empathise with you. I never wanted my pic taking when I was at my heaviest.
    The day before I saw my CD counsellor for the first time it was my youngest daughter's 3rd birthday. Guess who wasn't in the pics?:rolleyes:
    Its coming up next month, Guess who WILL be in the pics??:D

4. aellon

aellon Back Again

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I tend to take the photos in our house. Wonder why that could be? But like Spooky I intend to be in more photos in the future!!!

5. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I hate having my photo taken, especially if I am unaware of it, as I always look awful!

Have got Brother in Law's wedding coming up at beginning of July, so really want to shift as much weight as poss by then so I can have my pic taken and not ruin their day! xx

6. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    I hate my photo taken too. Holiday photos are the worst! Hopefully when I go on my hols in July I won't need to shy away from the camera.

7. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    me too, havent had my photo taken in years, I did take some before pictures the night before I started and they are gross.....

8. amethyst

amethyst Banned

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Oh i know wht you mean, there is only 1 photo of me with my youngest.. i feel so bad :(

9. scorpio dawny

scorpio dawny keeps on trying

Start Weight:
    17st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5.8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.7lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    cambridge ss
    Im the same no photos of me, im always the 1 taken them and the person using the video camera, but now iv lost quite a bit of weight i wont mind having my picture taken.

10. LizDesigns

LizDesigns Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(10.46%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I totally know what you mean by being the one to take all the photos.
    I'm getting so good at it now that I could probably set up my own photography studio. That could then fund all of the clothes shopping i'll be doing when I reach my target weight!:party0011:

11. alybongo

alybongo Full Member

I too hate having my photo taken, but occasionally when plied with booze this happens :eek::D LOL

CRIM00801.jpg

12. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    8st3lb(41.97%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    LOL Aly

Again another photograph taker
    Although when I turned 40 was putting together an album of my life and big chunks missing!
    Still not a big fan of having photo taken,but glad I have a before picture now to compare

13. Grandma

Grandma Totally Focused

Start Weight:
    21st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    Another photographer here! The only pictures of me are at official functions (although I try to hide) and when I don't know they are being taken!!

I think it will take me a lot to get into the mindset of accepting that I'm looking better - and will look fantastic when I get to goal!
    x

14. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

i have lots of photos, i take getting my pis taken u only tend to see my top half and even at that its just my face!! I have saw some desperate pics of me..i picked the worse i could find blew them up a bit and stuck on my fridge and in other areas of my house to help me stick to my diet.Its working!!

15. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Another one that hated having her pic taken, if there were any of me when I went through holiday snaps etc I used to fish them out and hide them! I have to admit i have gone bit phototastic since losing weight though!

Gx

16. JustJo

JustJo Cambridge Counsellor

I too was always the 'photo taker', as I was always so shocked at how fat I looked on any photos. However, I now really love having my photo taken, as i'm always shocked at how slim I look! It's a good feeling, and you'll all get there. :)

Jo x

17. sazzy34

sazzy34 Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet / weight watchers
    Another fab piccie g. You look sooooooo happy !!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Daisy_Duke13

Daisy_Duke13 Full Member

Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Just off the point, does anyone else get shocked when they do see photos of themselves...because they simply didnt think they looked THAT bad...you know you plod along thinking "you know im overweight but i dont look that bad really" then you get the shock of your life when god forbid someone has caught you in the side of a snap stuffing a chocolate strawberry in your mouth (yes i have issues lol) and you looked utterly horrendous!

For the last year ive been in 3 photos- under sufference! And i was travelling- so got all these brill pictures of places ive been but none of me, which looking back im so upset about but oh well.

I actually made myself take some pics before i started the diet...and i look back now and i cannot quite believe in 8 weeks there is such a difference.

Ho hum- theres my contrbutions lol xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.