Physical changes

Can i please have some advice.....

Be been low carbing for the last 11 days. I have lost 11lbs so far. Although I am doing really well with the weight loss and I'm spinning daily on my bike for an hour I just can't see any change physically in my body. I want to give up.
I am 5ft9 and this morning weighed in at 13st7 my bmi has gone from 31 to 27 but I just don't look good. I want to get down to 11st5 and I'll be happy. How long until you guys started physically seeing changes???

Carrie

Did you take measurements of your chest, waist, hips and thighs when you started? If you didn't, I'd really suggest doing them now and then measuring every couple of weeks.

In all honesty, 11 days is nothing and you're really unlikely to see big physical changes in that time. Just keep in mind how long it took to put on the weight....it probably wasn't overnight and it won't come off overnight either.

If you keep a track of your measurements on top of your weight you will start to notice changes. It's a biological impossibility to keep losing weight and not have any physical changes after all :)

Don't give up!

I never see the difference myself. I've lost the same amount of weight as you although not in 11days (I wish!). I look exactly the same to me but met someone the other day who commented on the weight loss. My clothes are also fitting better and a couple of things now fasten which is always nice.

I find that measuring yourself (painful at first though), going on clothes fit and photos are good things. That way even if you can't see it yourself, the evidence is there to help you see yourself as a slimmer person.

Similary to the others I never see a difference either. I don't feel any difference 20lb down. Infact I don't "look" that different either, definately less puffy. I think we underestimate just how much weight needs to be lost to drop a dress size. I think the whole "a stone a size" is a total myth and it is totally different to everyone. Don't give up! Just remember how much healthier this WOE is going to make you and eventually the compliments will start coming in (2 people asked me if I had lost weight today - and there's me thinking I look no difference. Keep going :)

Also people (and you) will notice different things - i dropped 3 dress sizes and some people didnt notice - then dropped a few pounds and suddenly everyone commented (think it was in my face) - wierd but keep going:D

I feel a bit less bloated all over so suppose I do feel a little different. Think I and others start to notice my weightloss after a stone goes off.

Thank you guys. Yeah I took a photo and measurements last nigt so hopefully will see a change that way. I don't want to give up no way I'm doing to well. Just when you don't realise it it seems worthless lol xxx

I lost 10 stones following Atkins and I still look exactly the same as I did back then when I look in the mirror, everyone else can see the change though! I think it's a mental thing.

Wow tyarlie... That's amazing loss! X

Well today I weighed 13st5 exactly a stone since doing this. And I finally noticed a difference. Saw my boyfriend too and he said I look great. So must be working. But when I look in the mirror I'm sill seeing the old me. But I do still want to drop another 2 and a half stone. Xxxx

Back