Picking yourself up!

angelslice

Hiya, I just wondered if anyone else is as hard on themselves as I am.
Looks like I will STS tonight and it gets me down so much, haven't had a bad week but put so much pressure on myself to lose each week that when I don't I feel like such a failure.

I look around me in group and see other people laughing and shrugging off their gains and I long to be that carefree.

I tend to get through it by imediately focusing on the week ahead and what I'm gonna go for but just wondered if anyone had any other tips on picking yourself up when you're disappointed with the scales.

Hey Angleslice,

I know exactly how you feel, I don't attend a group so I blamed that on why I was hard on myself. If I have a bad day or in the case of this weekend a really bad weekend it consumes my every thought. I have spent all morning beating myself up about what I have eaten and how I have to be extra good and try not to have anything naughty or syns this week. I find that like you focusing helps (and living in hope!) but I also find that dressing in something that makes you feel slim and good really helps me. I will spend a little bit of time the night before (as our house is manic in a morning) and pick something out that makes me feel great. It really works for me and I hope that it will help you too.

We just have to remember that it isn't the end of the world getting it right all the time.
xx

Aw thanks Shirley, that really helped me to read that and you hit the nail on the head for me there when you said it's not the end of the world, I have to keep reminding myself of that cos I think I place far too much importance on it. Best of luck to you this week x

I will let you know how I get with weighing myself on Wednesday (thats if I can manage to stay away from the scales until then!)
Keep in touch and let me know how you are getting on.

x

Hi Angelslice,
I have weeks like this too and I always feel really bad when I have put weight on but you just have to pick yourself up & start again the next day, it is hard some days because when I have had a bad week I just think sod it why am I bothering but then I get a photo out of how I used to look to remind myself why. It is hard though especially when you stay for image therapy & other people say that they have had a bad week but have still managed to lose.
Keep your chin up & good luck for next week!
I get weighed tonight and even though I have been good I feel heavier than last week...
Julie19

Hi angelslice (love your user name!)
I am exactly the same. I find it so hard to pick myself up and carry on when I've had a gain or not lost as much as I want. I also can't help compare myself to others even though my Consultant is right when she says everyone and their journey are different.

I had started a blog (just for my own eyes) and it helps get rid of some of my frustrations allowing me to focus on the coming week.

What a good idea, think that would really help me. Thanks for the replies, I know I'm not the only one who gets like this and I almost feel guilty sometimes as I'm only 8lb off target so it's obviously going to be slower but I still want to be achieving something after having to say no to tempting treats all week!!

i SOOOOOO know what you meant. I am so hard on myself it's shocking. I started a blog to try and therap myself LOL. If I write it down it stops me beating myself up so much.

I always do SW 100% or at least 99% but my weight loss varies so much. It's really frustrating when I've been 100% all week and have STS. The worst one was ToTM last time and I gained 3lbs. I was mortified! I beat myself up all that day and night. It wasn't my fault I'd gained... I'd done nothing wrong diet wise, but I flipped inside.

What made it worse for me was I'd had that unjustified gain and there were women in the group saying "oh I don't know how I managed to lose 2lbs with all I've eaten / drunk this week. They go on to say they ate out 3 times and had takeaways and plenty of booze.." that's when I really get angry with myself for gaining while being good, yet they got away with murder.

The only way I find to deal with it is get up the following morning and get back on with it. It's another week with another WI at the end of it. It's hard to do. I put so much pressure on myself probably because I have so much to lose. I just don't know why I can't ease up on myself a bit.

aww hon , i felt really bad for ya when i read that , your 8lb off target how can you feel bad ?? you have worked so so hard at this point all you should be feeling is bloody proud of yourself. It's so easy for us to find fault with ourselves or dress ourselves down what about looking at how hard your working you are changing your lifestyle your outlook your body so it might have it's slow bits but every now and then you need to give yourself a break . the most important thing is that your making yourself happy lovely stuff losing weight sometimes it's just not as important as saying you know what i'm actually quite fabulous today doesn matter if i've maintained or gained a pound because i have lost so much so far and i am so much happier ...

Hi annie,
I just wanted to say that your weight loss is amazing-yet someone else to look up to and give me more motivation! Tracey x

So glad I posted this cos you've all made me feel really normal!! Annie, I related so much to what you just said. I think as much as people are relieved to have gotten away with that naughty week and want to shout it from the rooftops, it's only ever unmotivating and cruel to those that have stuck to it religiously.
That 3lb gain must've been hard to deal with that night for you but I'm really hoping you got what you deserved the following week??
I'm loving the idea of a blog actually, I think if I get all my frustration out onto paper or laptop then I won't take it out on my hubby or the kids so much which I really don't want to do.

I wish you all the very best this week and hope I can pick you all up if you ever feel down to return the favour x

I didn't get the promised big loss the following week. I lost 1lb, which really didn't make things much better LOL... that said.. I lost 5 1/2 lbs the following week (last week) again for no reason. My weight losses are so random. I mean, I did exactly the same last week and as I did the week before... so how do I figure out 1lb one week then 5 1/2 the next when I eat more or less the same way week in week out? LOL. The way I've started to look at it now is on a monthly basis. It seems about 7lbs a month is an average loss now my body has settled down from the big losses to start with, and I'm happy with 7lb a month.

You really should start a blog. It's amazing how much you can pour into it, kick, scream, vent and then share your good times. It really doesn't matter if no one reads it.. it's just out of your system, and when you read back over it you'll chuckle to yourself at how worked up you got about something simple. Self therapy is brilliant!

Like Annie, my weight losses are really random and sometimes have no relation to what I've eaten or not. We have a lady at work who makes THE most divine choc cake. She brought it in one Xmas and I resisted only to find come WI I'd STS!! I was not impressed!

I look around me in group and see other people laughing and shrugging off their gains and I long to be that carefree.

Thing is to remember that those people may actually be feeling really crap inside and go home and get angry with themselves too... the part you see where they are laughing and shrugging it off may just be an act for everyone else to see.

Hi, I completely agree that we are probably all too hard on ourselves. When at target, SW gives you a 3lb swing either way due to normal body fluctuations - therefore it must be expected that our bodies will act in mysterious ways sometimes and gain (or lose!) without us knowing why.

I guess this is why, when we have been really good and expect a big loss, we can lose a pound, or when we have been not so good we can lose a couple or more.

It all catches up with itself eventually I guess but that doesn't help us does it!!!

I no how you feel,i had 4 weeks of sts and gains but i had been 100% and i gave my diary in each week and non of my leaders could understand why. Thats why i have changed leaders. I no where your coming from. How much have you lost in total?

I no how you feel,i had 4 weeks of sts and gains but i had been 100% and i gave my diary in each week and non of my leaders could understand why. Thats why i have changed leaders. I no where your coming from. How much have you lost in total?

I've lost just over 2 stone altogether and because I'm no longer classed as overweight I feel other members in the group don't want to hear me moaning about the few lb's I've got left but it's so important to me. As you know I run my own group and I feel I can motivate and inspire other people and make them feel great about themselves, just wish I could do the same for myself lol!!
So I'm still a member with another consultant, she calls me the member from hell because of my sts's and them fact I want target so bad!

i feel much better for reading this topic.

i have been really down because i weighed myself and gained 2lbs - hmmmm star week....gah!

it hurts but i guess if you can't help it it will come off again at some point :rolleyes:

And yep - theres nothing worse than people losing weight when they have like 3 meals out or something :mad: injustice! LOL

I've lost just over 2 stone altogether and because I'm no longer classed as overweight I feel other members in the group don't want to hear me moaning about the few lb's I've got left but it's so important to me. As you know I run my own group and I feel I can motivate and inspire other people and make them feel great about themselves, just wish I could do the same for myself lol!!
So I'm still a member with another consultant, she calls me the member from hell because of my sts's and them fact I want target so bad!

You sound so hard on yourself. I'm sure no-one is thinking you are moaning. You are a member same as them, doesn't matter if you've got 5 stone or 5lbs to lose, it's important to you.

Let me know if you start your blog and I can link you to mine, we can cheer each other on that way.

Great fallenangel, I did start one and like a few of you said I actually did feel better!!! How do we link them? I'm still trying to work out how this site works lol x

Back