Picture Problems

Jonsgirl80

Silver Member
Can anybody help me?

I have been trying for ages to post a picture of myself either on my profile or as part of my signature but for some reason it wont let me.

Everytime I try I just get a box up saying its failed.

I've got enough posts so I dont think thats the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas why???

How are you trying to do it? I use photobucket and then link to there through the insert an image. If you are trying it in user cp it works the same way.

I'm going into user CP and then trying to get a picture from the "my pictures" folder on my computer.

I can get the pictures up on screen but it wont let me post them :(

Hmm, we need a Mod around here, they are never there when you need them. I'd PM Isis, Eclipse,DQ or Starlight love.

lol thanks Jim,

I have got photobucket now so I'll try it that way tonight.

If that dont work I'll contact one of the mods x

Tried using photobucket it just keeps saying invalid file or file upload failed.

How do you transfer the picture from the photobucket album to minimins?

I'm clicking share and it's giving me a code which I'm copy and pasting into the URL section in user CP (edit profile picture) is that the right thing to do???

God I wish I could do all this technical stuff. Grrrrrrrr :mad::mad:

I'm going into user CP and then trying to get a picture from the "my pictures" folder on my computer.

I can get the pictures up on screen but it wont let me post them :(

How do I use albums?
As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.

Each album can have a title ('Joe's Holiday to Nepal'), a description ('A bunch of photos from my recent adventure') and can be of three different types: Public, Private or Profile.
  • Public albums can be viewed by anyone
  • Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts (info)
  • Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile (info)
How do I upload pictures?
Once you've created an album you can upload images to it. Simply view the album and click on 'Upload Pictures'.
You'll have the option to give each picture a caption, and to set one image as the Album cover, which will be displayed on the public profile. To delete an album or edit the title, description or album type, click on 'Edit Album'. To delete an image, or to edit a caption or change the album cover, click on 'Edit Pictures'.
All members who have access to your album images can comment on them, in a similar way to Visitor Messages (more info). You can delete any image comments from your albums, and report inappropriate messages to moderators.
When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.

Only members with 50 posts can view your pictures in your profile albums and if you make it private it is only those on your buddy list.

Tried using photobucket it just keeps saying invalid file or file upload failed.

How do you transfer the picture from the photobucket album to minimins?

I'm clicking share and it's giving me a code which I'm copy and pasting into the URL section in user CP (edit profile picture) is that the right thing to do???

God I wish I could do all this technical stuff. Grrrrrrrr :mad::mad:

You can copy and paste from photobuckete.

Or use the link like Jim has said...

When you are makig a post you will see the icon like an envelope with moutains on it.

insertimage.gif
Click this button to add a picture to your post

Click on it and insert the url from photobucket.

Thanks for that mini I will give it a try.

Send me a pm if you are having any trouble and I will try and walk you through it:)

YAY!!!!!! I did it - eventually lol :D:D:D:D:D

Hi everyone this is me lol.

I cant believe it took me so long. I'm sooo rubbish on computers :mad: - you would never believe I spend all day on one at work lol

lol looking good! nice to put a face to a name x

YAY. Success. Nice pic. :)

Aww what a lovely picture - well done for persevering its great to be able to put a face to a poster.

YAY!!!!!! I did it - eventually lol :D:D:D:D:D

Hi everyone this is me lol.

I cant believe it took me so long. I'm sooo rubbish on computers :mad: - you would never believe I spend all day on one at work lol

Nice to see you :D love your glasses btw!

Thanks guys for all the lovely replies,

That photo is a bit out of date lol and shows me looking a bit glam which is very unusual for me :D

I've got some really horrendous ones that got taken at christmas. In fact they were so bad they were the reason I decided to finally take the plunge and restart Atkins as soon as I saw them :eek::eek:

Think I need to scan in and post some of the horrendous ones so I can remind myself every day how bad I looked at my heaviest. It might motivate me a bit more :D

That's a good idea love and then you can post progress pics. :)

Back