Pictures of meals and nibbles

Hee hee thanks peeps! Got a whole load of ideas from this thread alone! Cheated on the cooking front (still low carb though!) tonight. Bought an Asda preprepared chicken breasts in peppercorn sauce with mushrooms (5.6g carb for the lot) and added a courgette. Was soooo good!

have you tried making "tagliatelle" with your courgette? Just make really thin strips of courgette with a potato peeler and steam or microwave - that would go nicely with the peppercorn sauce.

Mmmmmm
:cool:

I've hear talk of such things but nope haven't tried it yet! Wanna give the cauliflower rice a go too :D

So many recipes here I honestly am at a loss where to begin! Such a nice feeling hee hee! X

212degrees I really like your chicken pizza. I would imagine rolling the chicken flat would make a yummy base...... Hmmm now I NEED to go to asda.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Yeah, I'm thinking a chicken base pizza sounds lovely. Could maybe use turkey mince or something and flatten it into a pan?

Photo looks great! And now I'm hungry! Lol :)

i had the same theory ClaireCat, might give it a go next time :)
I seasoned the chicken before cooking it as well so the chicken had a garlic and chilli flavour (with the intention of using it in my salad for the following day but shockingly it all went! lol) gonna try half fat mozzarella next time too.

Turkey mince based pizza with pepperoni, side salad with beetroot and a courgette cooked in garlic butter. Was pretty darn tasty!

IMAG0321.jpg

yum yum!!

Di you cook the turkey mince base first Claire? And did you need to bind it with an egg?

Looks stunning - i have to try!!!

Di you cook the turkey mince base first Claire? And did you need to bind it with an egg?

Yeah, I had some disposable foil flan dishes that i put 1/3 of the turkey mince in and flattened it down with a jar wrapped in a food bag. I just chucked it in the oven at about 200 degrees, turned it once when the top looked cooked enough. Might have taken 10/15mins. Then I used gia tomato and garlic puree as the sauce, added cheese and pepperoni and some herbs and cooked til it looked 'pizza' like!

Hope that helps! :)

Smoked Salmon and Dill crustless quiche....

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-2249711729.jpg
    image-2249711729.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 76
  • image-3767217084.jpg
    image-3767217084.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 75
  • image-4163396726.jpg
    image-4163396726.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 81
I just used 6 eggs, spring onions, a packet of 98p Sainsbury smoked salmon trimmings, 4oz grated strong cheese, 1 cup of cream, spinach, dill and salt n pepper to season.....

Mix it all together and pour into cake tin with loose bottom and bake for 1hr 15 min at 180oC....if it starts getting too brown just put a foil tent over :0)

It's great for breakfast and lunch on the go and holds its form really sturdily!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Mmmmmm Jo, that looks gorgeous, I bet it tasted great

Back