Pigging out after weigh in

Hi,

I did it for 12 or the 15 or so weeks I've been on slimming world... However I didn't just have one treat night - I had it after weigh in because I needed it, I had it at the weekend, I needed it then too after a long week at work - I had it on Saturdays, tv was boring and I couldn't be bothered to cook just for me if I was alone, oh and on Sundays I went to my Nan's!
Believe it or not it didn't effect me until about 10 weeks in... This however was probably down to the fact I couldn't care less anymore and gave up!
My consultant said if you follow the plan 80% you will loose weight, so I would say you are aloud a treat just don't do what I done and have the Indian and pizza shop on speed dial! I also think it depends on what you are having a bag of crisps which is about 6 syns along with a chocolate bar 6-12 syns over an Indian where a nann bread is 26 syns alone!

Also I've just read now many syns you had, I have heard of some people doing weekly syns so if you were in the syn limit for the week then you should be fine. I can't say I do the weekly syn thing but many do ESP at my meeting!

I definitely think it's down to preference, I've always had a treat night after WI. it has never affected my losses and I never feel guilty for,it.

I think as long as you can get back on plan and forget about it, and you're still losing weight there's no harm! We are always going to have different opinions on this. Yeah some people say don't treat yourself with food, but I'm greedy and like food and get a lot of pleasure out of food so I do treat myself with it! I'm at target now, when I first started sw I'd have one night off a week but be 100% the rest of the time. I didn't have a cheat night for quite a while, maybe the last 3st or so just because I got bored and wasn't enjoying it anymore, it wasn't slowing my losses but when I stopped having it, if I did have any social things on and had a blow out I'd gain weight the following week. So maybe I should just have kept going and not cut them out!

Now at target I have a cheat meal every Friday night and so far Im doing ok.

I usually treat myself by having a white bread sandwich but still with a low syn or syn-free filling, really enjoy just having sandwich once a week and as I get back from WI late its nice not to have to cook on a thursday night. I can't have wholemeal bread/rolls due to being on a hospital advised low fibre diet (tummy troubles)

I have a treat after weigh in.. A few of us go out for a meal after Wi and I enjoy it... Some say I'm rewarding myself with food then maybe I am but it's working for me i'm nearly at 5 stone loss..
If I didn't have a nite off every now and then I would get bored then end up binging all wk..
My opinion is one nite a wk is ok for me I get straight back on track the next day...

This for me is a no go, no because of the syns or weight gain or loss etc but simply I use food as a crutch. My emotions dictate my food, eating out, take aways etc not my hunger. This is why I'm over weight.
So for me getting a loss, feeling happy, celebrating and eating that something as a treat is just reinforcing a behaviour I must change so I'm trying very hard to not have the emotional rewards/comforts.
If I do have something I call a "treat" take away, chocolate, cake out etc I'm having it at a time that's totally neutral and not dictated by feeling sad, happy, etc

Whn i first started if i had a decent weight loss i would treat myself, to a WI friendly chinese, a tray of kebab meat or a high-syn snack. However, i now "treat" myself to an expensive meal which is still free & superfree i don't have the same desire for crap food anymore.

I've been meaning to find out more about the fakeaways. Are they predominantly EE or can you use on red/green?

They give values for EE G and R :)

My WI day is on a Saturday and I will usually go over syn on alcohol (if i have a night out!) - I wouldn't over syn over food though! Haven't had a takeaway in about 3 months to be honest with you, although I'm quite happy to take advantage of my Fakeaway book as SW has really got me into cooking!

Back