Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Bobbin, 26 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Bobbin

Bobbin Needs a flattering photo

Cambridge Diet
    They do a pilates class at my gym - would this be OK to do when SSing??? :confused:
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mustdoit

mustdoit susan

yes i do it ............. very good for the pelvic floor.............. xx
  4. Bobbin

Bobbin Needs a flattering photo

Cambridge Diet
    thanks, might give it a try next week
  5. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Cambridge Plan
    I do it too!

6. Eileen

Eileen likes posting.

Slimming world.
    I do it too i love it its the best thing ive tryed.
  7. soule

soule Full Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Ooooo i've been thinking about that but not too sure what it is. Anyone tell me please. x x x
  8. Musical Missy

Musical Missy Full Member

I went to my first class last week - it was rubbish! They played really irritating new age 'whale type' music and it was so slow - didn't even hurt the next day which is my indication that something was worth doing (no pain no gain and all that!). I found it all pretty dull - each to their own though - you might love it! Give me an aerobics class any day - at least you feel like you've done something afterwards.
    Its basically a whole load of various stretches that you do while focusing on your 'core' muscles and breathing - a lot of lying on the floor is involved (which is good if you fancy a nap!) - ooh and balancing on one leg!

Hope you enjoy it more than me!

MM x
  9. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

Even I hurt the next day after Pilates! It should be hard work and you should be able to feel your core muscles working in every exercise.

Having said that I'd personally rather do a bit of Pilates mixed with a bit of something else (e.g. Body Balance where there are elements of yoga and Tai Chi as well), but with a good instructor a Pilates class can be fantastic.
  10. mummypower

mummypower Just call me Anne x

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I have been considering doing this for a while, might give it a go now :)
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.