Pilates

Bobbin

Needs a flattering photo
They do a pilates class at my gym - would this be OK to do when SSing??? :confused:

yes i do it ............. very good for the pelvic floor.............. xx

thanks, might give it a try next week

I went to my first class last week - it was rubbish! They played really irritating new age 'whale type' music and it was so slow - didn't even hurt the next day which is my indication that something was worth doing (no pain no gain and all that!). I found it all pretty dull - each to their own though - you might love it! Give me an aerobics class any day - at least you feel like you've done something afterwards.
Its basically a whole load of various stretches that you do while focusing on your 'core' muscles and breathing - a lot of lying on the floor is involved (which is good if you fancy a nap!) - ooh and balancing on one leg!

Hope you enjoy it more than me!

MM x

didn't even hurt the next day

:eek:

Even I hurt the next day after Pilates! It should be hard work and you should be able to feel your core muscles working in every exercise.

Having said that I'd personally rather do a bit of Pilates mixed with a bit of something else (e.g. Body Balance where there are elements of yoga and Tai Chi as well), but with a good instructor a Pilates class can be fantastic.

Back