Pimms SW style

Didn't believe it, but guess what, sitting here with a glass of mock Pimms and it tastes really good !!!!

I got this recipe a year a go when i was at the slimming world groups the ingredients she told us was

3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
jug of lemonade (sugar free)
freash mint
some sliced/chopped lemons/limes/oranges ( but dont need all)
ice cubes

put the balsamic vinegar into the jug add the lemonade mix it and them add the mint, lemon, lime, orange then add some ice to cool it. serve it tastes just like pimms and i have it every sunny day great for parties and all syn free.

extra tip cut your fruit into pieces (lemon,lime,orange) and then put in a freezer bag and freeze, once there frozen you can take out some iced fruit cubes and leaves your drink fresh and cooled.

Just had this today at our bbq and it was delicious. Hubby, son & girlfriend also raved about it :):)

Sounds yummy! Definitely going to give this one a whirl, thanks for posting!

Ha this yesterday and loved it, as did my very sceptical husband!
Liz
X

I've been sipping it this afternoon in a display of British-ness, tennis strawberries and Pimms in the sun, does it get any better? Thanks for the idea!

I've been sipping it this afternoon in a display of British-ness, tennis strawberries and Pimms in the sun, does it get any better? Thanks for the idea!

Lol! - Yes, I think it is amazing, but still really miss my glass(s) of wine :cry:

Strangely enough I'm finding it a bit sweet - must be cos I've stopped taking sweetner in my coffee!!!! Anyone got suggestions for reducing the 'sweetness' of it without losing taste?

Maybe a splash of lemon juice??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Pete’s Pimms (2013)

Makes 1Ltr

Ingredients

1 Sprig of mint
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 Slices of lime (ss) (sff)
2 Slices of lemon (ss) (ff)
2 Slices of orange (s) (sff)
2 Slices of cucumber (s) (sff)
100mL Apple & Blackcurrant Juice
Ice cubes
Sainsbury’s “basics” diet lemonade

*Options

Strawberries (ss) (sff)

Method

In a 1Ltr Jug mix together the balsamic vinegar, lime, lemon, orange, cucumber, juice & lemonade, add ice cubes & a sprig of mint, allow to chill and infuse the flavours.

Pimms-2 (Small).JPG

Wow just tried this and while its not quite real pimms its a very acceptable alternative :)

Wow, despite this sounding very strange I gave it a go last night because of all the comments and it was GORGEOUS! My new summer drink.

Back