pineapple help pls!

missgalaxy

Yummy Mummy! xx
I have got pineapples coming out of my ears lol! They were 2 for £2 at local fruit shop so I got some then my mum came round last night with 2 as she saw the offer and thought she would pick some up!

4 pineapples - any suggestions? (other than filling with vodka and drinking lol!)

xx

How about peeling, cubing and freezing? Like you can do with grapes. Or adding to LF yogurt (vanilla flavour), blending and freezing. Could make a nice "ice cream". I am a greedy grunt when it comes to pineapples, I can eat a whole one in one sitting!

Never thought of that - cubing and freezing it! Duh, so simple! Thank you! xxx

How about peeling, cubing and freezing? Like you can do with grapes. Or adding to LF yogurt (vanilla flavour), blending and freezing. Could make a nice "ice cream". I am a greedy grunt when it comes to pineapples, I can eat a whole one in one sitting!

Surely if you blend the pineapple then you have to syn it?

Ok then, chop into teeny tiny pieces and mix with the yogurt, shouldn't make much difference. Where there's a will there's a way!

A slice grilled on a barbecue is lovely - I know you're supposed to syn fruit if it's cooked, but I don't think a few minutes on the barbecue breaks it down like, say, stewing an apple would. So I never syn pineapple done this way.

Del monte sell a pineapple lolly thats just fresh pineapple frozen on a stick and these are well lush and very refreshing so id defo say to freeze them :D

Oh I like the idea of freezing Pineapple, I am off to Aldi this afternoon to stock up on there cheap deals & Pineapple is one of them at 59p.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Del Monte Fruitini 100% Pure Pineapple Fruit Sticks, triple pack, frozen 65g each[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Del Monte 100% Juice Ice Lollies, Pineapple, triple pack 75ml each[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
3½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 3½ Syns
green.gif
Green 3½ Syns
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]looks like you need to pick the right one up for it to be free - good find tho furry stomper
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

I love the idea of frozen pineapples too. Sounds delicious!!

I go through so many pineapples in the hot weather as I just skin them, cut them into strips and freeze them. Well if DelMonte can charge £2 a box for 3 pieces of frozen pineapple, then I'll do it for 5 minutes work and some freezer bags and typically get at least 8 pieces of pineapple (last one i did was 12 but that was a very large pineapple). A bit messy and takes a little bit of time - but money saving and free and a useful substitute for ice lollys in the summer.

obviously this is over a year later, but thanks girlies i never thought of freezing and i too have too much pineapple!!!

Cut into rings and place on top of a gammon steak then grill! Mmm...

Back