'pink patch' in news

I got the free trial and cancelled as soon as they arrived. I have so far only used one of them and I didn't eat a lot that day but I couldn't say for sure thet the patch had anything to do with it. I didn't have any side effects from it. I looked up the ingredients and it seems that most of them do have appetite surpressing and fat burning properties when taken orally but it has not been proven if it is effective when absorbed through the skin.

I do agree that they should change their advertising strategy and perhaps put that money to better use by doing proper studies to see if the product actually DOES work

I seen these advertised alot on this website :)- I would love to know if they work..

I do not think i will try them myself, nor would i try slimming pills...

just out of curiosity if they do work? i mean if they did they would rake in millions :)

I can't believe they are allowed to advertise! It's so bad!

I thought they'd been banned from advertising on facebook and the like?
Although i've probably got that all wrong :D
x

I got this purely out of curiousity, not because I believed for a second it would work. Guess what?! It's a load of rubbish, just a company completely without morals who wish to exploit the insecurities of young women. Tsk tsk!!

Hey everyone,

Yes I've seen those pink patch ads - I don't know how they legally get away with it, you'd think that blatantly misleading ads are a nono. I've read some shocking things about them online though, so I think I'll give it a miss.

I'm a bit dubious about patches in general after my Dad tried to quit smoking using nicotine patches and they gave him horrific nightmares. Scary!

Elle

I'm reading this sat here wearing the last of my 6 day's free trial of pink patch. I got the trial months ago and cancelled the subscription as soon as they arrived.
There is plenty of evidence for 5-HTP (one of the ingredients) helping with depression and weight loss when the excess weight or unhealthy eating is due to 'comfort eating' as the lift in mood supresses the need to eat for comfort.
I have taken 5-HTP with success but it is expensive.
Anyway, I am following DietChef right now and have worn the patches for my first week on the diet hoping to stop myself feeling hungry. I've managed to stick to the diet but I certainly couldn't say it was due to anything the patches are doing. I think to some extent I believe I am less hungry because I am wearing the patch. Purely psychological.
I totally agree that the advertising is immoral. I am a sensible adult but like many overweight people, I live in the hope of a miracle cure and desperately want the next big diet, pill, patch etc to work. So even rational adults can be sucked in by advertising, but by plying young women with hopes of miracle cures, the company is behaving in a totally irresponsible way.

(For the record - I've had no side effects this week while trying the patches).

I'm reading this sat here wearing the last of my 6 day's free trial of pink patch. I got the trial months ago and cancelled the subscription as soon as they arrived.
There is plenty of evidence for 5-HTP (one of the ingredients) helping with depression and weight loss when the excess weight or unhealthy eating is due to 'comfort eating' as the lift in mood supresses the need to eat for comfort.
I have taken 5-HTP with success but it is expensive.
Anyway, I am following DietChef right now and have worn the patches for my first week on the diet hoping to stop myself feeling hungry. I've managed to stick to the diet but I certainly couldn't say it was due to anything the patches are doing. I think to some extent I believe I am less hungry because I am wearing the patch. Purely psychological.
I totally agree that the advertising is immoral. I am a sensible adult but like many overweight people, I live in the hope of a miracle cure and desperately want the next big diet, pill, patch etc to work. So even rational adults can be sucked in by advertising, but by plying young women with hopes of miracle cures, the company is behaving in a totally irresponsible way.

(For the record - I've had no side effects this week while trying the patches).
In fact ALL the ingredients have the properties they claim (appetite suppressing, fat burning etc) when taken orally. But there is no evidence that the ingredients are at all effective when absorbed through the skin

Back