Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

Thanks guys :)
T'was only 2lb a week, but I'm dead chuffed :)

I've got 10lb to loose by September, which is like 3ish lbs a week more or less, so not tooooo bad :) Just need to get a wriggle on down the gym.

Have post gym shakes today, so I must have worked hard enough, I'll try n do that every day and I should see some progress.

I'm also not going to enter my exercise into my fitness pal thing until the end of the day because I realised that rather than eating 1200 cals and doing exercise I was doing exercise and then eating the some of the cals I'd burned as well as my 1200.

Babble over ;)

Woooo well done :D that is brilliant about the loss :D amazing in fact! I can't believe how quick you're losing it! and then even though you treated yourself a little on your holiday you didn't go too mad, so you still have a loss, excellent! am so proud of you :D

Good luck with your September goal then :)

Thanks babes :) I'm surprised too, although I guess because I have sooo much to lose it's coming off quickly these first couple of months.

Went to tesco and got some low fat snacks, but then ate 2 in a row and then had a roast dinner, so I'm over my 1200 cals today, but under my 1200 + 600 exercise cals.

Tescos has Alpen light bars (under 70 cals each) for 2 packs (of 5) for £2.50 atm, I got chocolate and fudge ones, lush they are!

Have just taken some photos of myself and compared them to the piks of when I started, can actually really notice it! lol. I'd post them but I'm topless, lol.

What you up to?

Just home from work, and OH is washing the kitchen floor! (For months I've been moaning about getting a cleaner- I work much longer hours than OH, and do a day of book work for work over the weekend, so it was work, bookwork, housework, repeat. OH didn't want a stranger in the house, and said he would do it, and actually has, for two weeks!)
Pink, if I lost two pounds per week, for two weeks in a row, you couldn't shut me up! It's great to think you might still make the Sept challange!

Wow, OH needs some sort of reward to keep him inspired to carry on then ;) lol.
You should make time for yourself hun, you cant just work all day every day, it's soul destroying.
How is your weight loss going babes? Well I hope :)

I've extended the Sept challenge to the first week of Sept rather than the actual first, so that means that I have 4 weeks to lose 10lbs, so that's 3lbs for 2 weeks and 2lbs for 2 weeks, hopefully it's possible, lol.

Just had a caramel snack-a-jack...omgosh, why have I never bought them before? I mean, yes, before my eating-enlightenment I would have scoffed about five (they're 50ish calories a cracker), but now 1 is just enough to stop that sweet craving. Good times.

I have snacked too much today though, I had porridge for breakfast, then an alpen bar when I got back from the gym, half a tuna and sweetcorn pitta (I got bored half way through) and a snack a jack, so that's just under 600 cals eaten already. No more snacking today, just dinner, lol.

Hi Pink, hope you're having a good day today?

Hee I like those caramel Snack A Jacks and Alpen Light bars too :) they are certainly good for a snack and good for that sweet craving.

That's a good idea about your Sept goal, that is much more achieveable :) Am sure you'll do fine with all those gyms visits too.

Are you going to have some sort of reward then for getting to 14??

What you going to have for tea then? I am thinking a cous cous salad for me as I too have been snacking a lot today! It's cos of the boredom at work! I have had a Rice Crispie bar - 85 calories, Skips - 85, an apple, some grapes and now my lunch was an egg mayo sandwich and a cup a soup.... sigh. Man I have the munchies today!

Enjoy the rest of your day :)

Um, I was going to reward myself at 14 stone, but I bought myself a new jacket and a pair of boots (only from asda) today so that'll have to count. Not to mention the fact that I have to pay gym membership too, so yeh...it's all on my overdraft atm. My rent and first month of bills will be going on overdraft too because my student loan doesnt come in untilt he 25th of September...oh well...that's what being a student is all about I suppose.

Yeh well, some days are just munchie days, and to be fair you havent done too badly, you could have munched through a whole packet of bikkies or something which would have been like 2500 cals, lol.

Your dinner sounds nice, I think I'll probably have jacket potato and beans with some salad or something.

I've just made a list of the reasons I'm losing weight, I'm gona type it up and stick it on the fridge, lol.

How's you? How's the job hunt going?

Ah I remember those times, using overdrafts to pay rent and desperating waiting for the student loan to come through! always seemed to take forever! and not last long enough... New jacket and boots though... totally needed for when you start back at Uni again!

When is it Uni starts the new semester then? what year will you be in?

Ha, yeah true... at least now when i feel like i've pigged out today it's all been on things with resonably low calories... that wouldn't have been the case a bit ago and I would have done loads of damage, I feel like i've eaten loads but only had 634 calories when i've added it up... I think it's good that we are more aware of the calorie amount of things, i think it's a lesson for life.

Anyway. Ohh that's a good idea to write a list of reasons and put them on your fridge! I could do with one at my desk here at work as that's when i am picking at food all the time :S I should put one on the snack machine here at work! but then i suppose everyone would have to see it, ha.

Well have a nice evening Pink, whatever you're up to :) I'm having a quiet one tonight, wooo. Roll on 6 o'clock!

Actual uni doesn't start until the 25th September, but we move into the house on the 1st. It'll be my second year, the first one that actually counts towards my degree so I really need to work hard! lol.

Here's my list:

Why I’m losing the weight.
· I want to be slim by graduation. I don’t want to lumber across the stage in a huge tent of a gown that gets rucked up around the shelf of my arse. I want to look good in the photos so that I can put them on display and be proud of what I’ve achieved.
· I don’t want to worry about fitting through the gaps between chairs in cafes.
· I don’t want to worry that my top is clinging to my flab when I sit down.
· I don’t want to keep on wearing holes into the inner-thigh sections of my jeans.
· I don’t want to always be the sweatiest and most out of breath person in the class after walking up the stairs or across the campus to the class room.
· I don’t want my knees to ache just because I’ve gone for a walk.
· I want to be able to walk into any shop and know that it’s possible to buy clothes without having to worry that they won’t go up to a big enough size.
· I don’t want to have a heart attack at 30 or get diabetes.
· I don’t want to be the fattest person in the group all of the time.
· I don’t want to worry that people in the street are gossiping about me, or that kids are going to shout mean things to me.
· Because when I was reading a story to a 4 year old and said ‘Bunny had a fat tummy’ he said ‘Like yours Emma’.
· I don’t want to feel guilty for buying a chocolate bar and therefore have to buy a load of other stuff to try and cover up the fact that the fatty is buying chocolate.
· I don’t want to be embarrassed on the bus if someone sits next to me; I don’t want to have to press myself right up to the wall so that they can fit on the other seat.
· I don’t want to be breathless and Darth-Vadering into my asthma pump just because I had to walk fast to reach the bus stop in time.

You should play something on the wii when you get home, that'll brighten the evening, lol!
only one day left until your three day weekend too! woop! lol.

That's a very good list! lots of motivational points on there! I have to say I can relate to them all, sigh. The health scare ones are the ones that are worrying me at the moment :( but also I remember being able to go in to normal clothes shops and fitting in to things! now i avoid clothes shop like the plague and trying things on :( and i miss that...

And being the most out of breathe :( being bright red and sweating just cos i've had to walk slightly fast... and having to squeeze past things...

Also the wanting a bar of chocolate but being embarrased so buying loads of things i didn't need! ha, I've done that :S Think I still do that sometimes as well :(

I've even bought 2 portions of chips in the chip shop just to make it look like i'm having them with someone else... and then eaten them both cos i had them :( sigh. That one's an old habbit now though! :D

Anyway, good list! You will combat them all!!!

Ah yeah, was thinking about some more Lego Harry Potter on the wii tonight :D that would be nice to relax to.

Have a nice evening yourself. Catch you later.

Yeh, the thing's we do man. Oh well. They'll all be moving into the past now!

SO...I was lazy today.Got up, got dressed, and then just totally failed to go to the gym...oh well, I'll work really hard tomorrow! And I'll just eat carefully today.

Have fun in the end?
I watched the first episode of the sherlock holmes thing that's running on the bbc atm, was freaking awesome!! Watching another ep tonight.

Yep, all past habbits and situations that we'll look back on and laugh about :D

Well I phoned my sister at 7 and didn't get off the phone until after 9, sigh. So that was most of the evening gone! then i just read my book, hee, was nice though, relaxing :)

Ahhh yeah I saw that, I love Martin Freeman as Watson :) I've only seen the first too, the second has been on now though hasn't it?... will have to catch up with that :)

Have you seen the Sherlock Holmes film with Robert Downey Junior and Jude Law? we watched that straight after and it was so much better :S but it is a film... ha. Awesome it was :D

Hope you're having a fun day today :) Don't worry about not going to the gym! we all need a day off every now and then! so just enjoy it :) and yeah am sure you'll go tomorrrow :)

Hey Pink!
Very long time no speak!
Looks like your still doing an amazing job, unlike myself... hopefully all your good work will make me more motivated!

Relating to those horrid habits you and Smiley Bon are chatting about... ohhhmmmyyygoooddd, I totally relate!

Sometimes on my binge nights I go to the local Co-op and buy all the binge foods (cookies, choco bars, sausage rolls, energy drinks etc) and I walk up to the counter like a fatty and have to state "Don't worry, it's not for me... I've been sent on an errand!" and then do a big long nervous laughter. To be honest I think the little old lady that works there has figured it out... she gives me this weird eyebrow raise when I do that little speech to her... whoops. TERRIBLE.

But yeah anyway, Lol! Great job Pink! Your doing so so well, you should be VERY proud of yourself!! :)

xx

Gah, I HATED the film version of sherlock holmes! It wasn't a proper holmes film man! it was just a period action film. Gah gah gah. But then, I really don't like much of anythign thrta guy richie does.

I'm loving the tv version. yeh the 2nd one's out, was on on sunday last I think, we're watching it tonight instead, it all kicked off last night n we didn't get a chance. I think the bloke who plays holmes is perfect (and a bit yummy) and watson is great. Love. lol.

Thanks aimee, don't worry, you'll get back on track! Every one has their stops and starts, I've been doing that the last 14 years, lol. It's just because I've paid for the gym that I'm doing so well, refuse to waste money! lol. And because it's such hard work at the gym I resent eating too many calories because then it's like, 'well that;s another 10 mins i have to do on the cross trainer'. not good, lol.
You should set yourself a goal, that's urging me onwards too!

Sooo...I was a big rubbish last night, ate like 5 snack-a-jacks and ended up 100 cals over my limit. But it's TotM, so I was craving lol.

Worked my arse off at the gym today to make up for it, I did about 20-25 mins on treadmill (forgot to look at time when i stopped), 20 mins on cross trainer, some floor exercises (which I felt like I total kn*b doing, in front of all of the mirrors next to all of the hardcore weights where the muscle bound blokes hang out, mum made me, she's been seeing a personal trainer and wanted to teach me some stuff she's learnt, which is good I suppose, but yeh...) then i did another 20 mins on cross trainer.
Cba with the rowing machine today, I really don't enjoy it at all!
Have just been for a speedy walk into town as well, to pick up my prescription sun glasses, it's weird being able to actually see through sunglasses!

OOO I have been organising all of my uni stuff and found my old biker jacket (a proper one) under a pile of boxes, and it fits!!!! it's tight at the waist, but it fits, and it looks awesome undone too, rather than just like it's undone because I'm too fat to do it up. Chuffed. That's my winter jacket sorted out.

Annnyway....I'll shut up now, lol.

Yeah I know, i have to do all my exercise at home because as a typical student... i have no money haha! I'm looking to set myself some realistic goals some time soon, although my goal for today is to write down all i eat so that should help a little bit :)

xx

That's a great list Pink! And fantastic news about the jacket! 100 cals over isn't too bad, especially at TTOM, good effort at the gym. In Australia, overdrafts are normally only held by buinesses and I think individuals with considerable assets- are they available to students in the UK? Are they limited? What sort of interest rate would they attract?

I've got a student bank account so I get £1000 a year interest free overdraft for 6 years. I always pay it off as soon as my loan comes through so I end every term debt free (except my student loan of course).
Anyone can have an overdraft here, it's just that with most accounts the interest is insane!

I'm having an off day today. I know it's just totm, but I'm just feeling really desheartened. I hated the gym today, really wasn't up for it. It's the first time I've actualy hated it. Having tomorrow off n just hope that I feel better by Monday.

I've lost 1lb since tuesday, but it didn't raise my spirits, I think I'm just totm-ing it atm. Oh well.

Hope that everyone's doing well :)

Urgh tell me about it, totm makes me wanna just lie down... everywhere! Not good when your supposed to be vertical and active!

I wish I could get an overdraft :( My dad's insane about money and just wouldn't let me in a million years... and he wonders why I'm always in debt to him? lol
xx

Aaaw Pink. I suppose its only a week then you have 3 good weeks to be happy. Must be quite difficult knowing you're gonna have a bad week every month.

Back