Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

My uni does have a cheap gym, buuuuttt my campus is the sports and humaities campus, so it's a scary gym full of fitness freaks and rugby players, lol. I think I'll stick to fitness first, despite it being more expensive. It also means that I'll be able to go to the gym when I'm at home and at uni, rather than just at uni.

HHAHAHAHAH sooo, was at the gym today, decided to try running for the first time on the treadmill, did it for a minute, felt pretty good, until I tried to stop, wherein I FELL OFF OF THE TREADMILL! Was soooo embarrassed! Luckily I was with Mum, so she slammed the stop button, and then just laughed with me. Gah...oh well...

I know I shouldn't laugh but....I can't help it!

I think it's better when you're with someone else because you can laugh it off. It would have felt ten times worse if you were on your own lol

:):)

HHAHAHAHAH sooo, was at the gym today, decided to try running for the first time on the treadmill, did it for a minute, felt pretty good, until I tried to stop, wherein I FELL OFF OF THE TREADMILL! Was soooo embarrassed! Luckily I was with Mum, so she slammed the stop button, and then just laughed with me. Gah...oh well...

Oh my goodness! That is my fear! I always worry about that when I press the button to take the pace down from 9kph to 6kph. I have a feeling I will get distracted by concentrating on hitting the button and so forgetting about my feet! :D

Well done on getting the running started. Others assure me, it is possible to build up following a c25k or similar. I'll let you know when I get there myself. :)

Once I tried to take a swig of water from a bottle on the treadmill, same! (I had a girlfriend who fell off, and somehow broke her nose- profusive bleeding and taken away in an ambulance. She had to have surgery!) Hope you have a good day, I have been madly book shopping, 16 so far, mostly second hand!

Poor Emz, ouch! Still more pride hurt than bones, that's the main thing. Good to hear you are still doing so well honey.

Echo, feel free to laugh, I did. I even called my best mate whilst I was still on the treadmill to tell her about it, lol.

downsizingmycurves - me too! I actually did that, I meant to take it down to 5 after my run and accidentally let go of the button at 8 instead and tried to walk....nearly fell off again, but I managed to stay on.

Emma -There were quite a few people to see...but eh, what can you do, lol. I am reliably informed that I was a very bright shade of red though.

Minus - 16 books? Blimey! I try and limit myself to 4 at a time, however, saying that, I do go to second hand bookshops every week, lol.

At least I didn't break my nose I suppose. I do have a nice scab on my knee though; havent had one of those since I was about 9, lol.

Barb, how you doing? Havent seen you about lately!

Went to the gym yesterday, did 30 mins on treadmill, with 5 mins running (only 1 min at a time, lol.), 30 mins on cross trainer and 5 reps of rowing machine interval training stuff.

Am buying a new 6 weeks gym membership tomorrow, can't afford to actually sign up just yet, don't really know if I'm even going to be able to afford my rent at the moment, the student loans company is giving me jip.

WI in today, think I only lost 1 lb according to my tracker, so I'm now 14st 6. So unless I manage to lose 3lbs a week these next 2 weeks I won't hit my goal, but I'm not amazingly fussed really.
I tried on one of my old fave tops that I havent been able to wear in a year and it fit!!! So that cheered me up :)

Bought some heels as well, amaizing ones, I'm like really tall in them, and they were only a fiver in TK Max!
And bought some trainers, asics ones with gel in, they're normally 60-80 quid, but because I'm size 5 I fit in kids sizes so they were only £20! yay

Whatcha all up to? Having fun weekends?

Happy Sunday Pink

Have just read about your mishap on the treadmill, poor you! You seemed to take it very well though (I think I would have cried!), at least you can laugh about it! :D

Well done on your loss this week, it might not be as much as you wanted but a loss is a loss, keep it up.

Lucky you with the bargain trainers! I am a size 5 in a shoe but seem to need a 6 for trainers and boots so no kids sizes for me unfortunately.

Hope you're having a good weekend :)

I hate running so i'd never go on a running machine. Partly cause i think they'd collapse if i was pounding away on it. Now that would be embarrassing!
Swimming is fine for me at the moment. Maybe in the future i will feel the need to up the exercise or even have the energy to do more exercise.

A lb is a lb Emz - take a laid back attitude to it and be pleased with yourself. It's going in the right direction and THAT is the main thing. You are doing brilliantly.

Slim - ahha! omg, the machine does rock when I'm running, there's tv monitors on the top and it like sways around....gah, oh well.

Sparkly - you should try sports direct, some of their kids trainers go up to 5.5, which might be just about big enough if you're a five normally.

Thanks Barb :) Yehhhh...wellllll...it is good, it's just frustrating in that I know I could have done better if I hadn't have been so lazy all week and didn't have lie-ins instead of going to the gym. Oy, what can you do.

Have been to the gym today. Went at like 11 this morning, rather than 9, and it was awful! I shall defo be gragging my arse out of bed early this week. It was really busy for one thing. But the main thing is, my gym is in this like....arcade-y thing? It's outside, but theres a roof, so it's kind of like a shopping centre....annyway. It's where allll of the resturaunts are! I had to walk to the gym smelling all of this amazing foood!!!! Gahhhh!!!

But eh. I went on the treadmill for half an hour, and for 6 of those minutes I ran....ok, jogged, lol. Only 1 min at a time, but I'm quite proud. Did the 5 interval rep things on the rowing machine and did 10 mins on the cross trainer...those things make my bloody feet go numb, does anyone else get that?

What was I gona say? I'm having a skatty day today (not terribly unusual to be fair...)

Bah... I'll come back later if I remember.

MWAHHHH xxx

Hey Emz, well done on the lb loss. You are doing so well. Also well done for going to the gym today. Im getting to the point now where i feel im ready to start properly on the exercise. Think i will start with walking, or swimming and then work my way up to the gym. Hope your having a good day x

Morning Pink :)

Hope you had a nice weekend? you're doing sooo well with your losses and going to the gym :D well done hon.

What you up to today? it's raining here, bet it's gonna rain all bank hol too!

Have a nice day :)

Slim - ahha! omg, the machine does rock when I'm running, there's tv monitors on the top and it like sways around....gah, oh well.

LOL I was on a treadmill that did that the other day. I am going to avoid that one now and choose one which does not have the monitor on top.

Im very impressed you can even do the cross trainer Pink, i had a go and lasted less than 2 minutes! There is a knack to those things lol

BTW what speed do you have to get the treadmill up to to start running, im a bit scared of running on them, i think the last itme i ran anywhere i was 8 lol

Hey pink!

Congratulations on the weightloss! You made me laugh aloud with your treadmill incident! Glad you werent hurt, but it's Really good you're getting to the gym, that mental barrier is stick a big obstacle for me!

Isn't it great finding clothes that fit after losing weight!

Hope student loans problem gets sorted, when I was at Uni many moons ago they were just as bad!
X

Good effort on the treadmill! And congratulations on the loss! The final book tally was 24, but two of these were given to me, and two I've got for presents for other people. I know it sounds disgustingly indulgent, (not much fun to haul home either), but the book shops in my part of the world are not that great. Have you read any books of letters by the Mitford sisters? One of my recent discoveries, I'm really enjoying them!

Hi Pink,

Just dropping in to say Hi, hope you're good xx

Heya Pink! Looks like your still doing an amazing job :) Bet it was great to fit into those size 18s!!
Hope everything's good with uni and such, I know a few of my mates are having problems with this and that.
Good Luck! :)
xxx

Back