Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

Aw, glad you had fun on you're night out...when I go out with my friends that's my treat...just eat..what I eat...but I am trying to choose healthy options now days when I go out but it's soo hard,lol.

Heya guys! It's been a busy week! I don't think I've even cracked the lid on the laptop.
Well good news out first, I've somehow managed to lose another 2lbs, literally no idea how as I've been totally rubbish and eaten loads of junk. I'm going to attribute it to work in the evenings.
So, I have 3 weeks to lose the remaining 8lbs, which I don't think will happen, but I'll be happy just being close to 13st for my b'day.

Other good news, I can do sie 16 jeans up! They look minging on, and I have the worst case of muffin top ever, but I can do them up!
I'm in that annoying stage where the size 18s are too big and I have to wear a belt, but I'm not quite into the 16s well enough to be able to wear them in public.

How is everyone? Been up to much?

Thanks Barb :) How are you doing? I'll pop and check your diary in a min.

Ahoy Bon, how's the job hunt going?

Sparkly - thanks :) I'd suggest waiting until summer to get your foot tattoo, wearing those little doll shoe things in the winter is not my idea of a good time, and you have to wear them for like a week while the tat heals up a bit.
It didn't hurt too badly, more stung than anything, but my friends can tell you that I'm not a very reliable reference, I quite like the feeling, whereas my mate was crying like a sissy, lol.

Hope - yeh going out is a bit of a pain, but if it's not too often then, like Barb said, it's not going to do too much damage. Even salads are packed with calories when you eat out nowdays.

Well it's reading week, so no classes, I do have loads of work to do though, and I haven't started it yet, so I really should get cracking, lol.

Aw, well done on the loss and on the size 16 jeans fitting...soon you will feel comfortable to go out in them...what a great motivation...

Hi Emz, well done on the 2lbs! That is brilliant and though you may not do 8 in the next 3 weeks whatever you do is progress, that is the way to look at it.

How fantastic to be able to do up size 16's - that would be an absolute dream for me. I reckon another 4/5lbs though and they will be comfy and you can ditch the 18's!

Hope you have a nice reading week.

May have been a bit too hasty on the weightloss thing, I'm back up to 13.11, but it is totm, and I have been naughtily weighing myself
everyday which is silly.

Reading week is pretty much what it says on the tin, because I do English we have a lot of books to get through. It's supposed to be a week where we crack on reading or start writing essays and planning presentations...unfortunately, I've not done any of that. I've kind of just bummed around with the flatmates, oh well. I'll pay for it later in the term, lol.
How's stuff at your end? Hubby still hogging telly?

Thanks Barb, I'm hoping to be in 16s for xmas, but we'll see :) How's you doing?

Ive never owned a belt till this year, now i have about 6 i think. I get to a stage with my jeans where 1 size is slightly too big and the next one down to small for comfort, so belts come in very handy lol.

Hope those 16's fit well soon! im sure they will

Ah, what books are you meant to be reading?

OH is on his best behaviour, mm, perhaps I should be worried? I've been spending every daylight hour out in the garden, which I suspect he likes. He brings me out cups of tea at dainty intervals.

I am reading quite a few Evalyn Waugh novels- have you read the Loved Ones? I thought that was great. Just finished Scoop, which I didn't like as much. What have you been reading?

Aw, at least he brings you tea, that's really sweet :)

Well, I'm supposed to be reading Dracula (half way through now), The murder of Roger Ackroyd (Christie), Interview with a Vampire, The little yellow dog, and some Wordsworth...I've got some done, lol. Luckily I'm a fast reader.
Havent read the loved ones now, I'll try to remember to check it out in the hols. What's it about?

Lynn - It's a great feeling to tighten the belt to the next hole isn't it! You look fab in that new picture btw!

Um, haven't been tooooo bad. Had some bikkies last night, but I think we walked them off marching up the hill to uni this morning.
I've stocked up on some vegetables so I think I'll just munch my way through those this week.

The weather's really turning now, very nippy in the mornings. Porridge is my new best friend.

It's my birthday in 3 weeks and I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to reach the target, but I'll be happy with relatively close to it.

Christmas is coming along fast, I've got a few prezzies, but I really should up my game before it gets really busy in the shops. How are you guys doing with it all?

The Loved One is about the burial industry in America, very funny! I have read Dracula, and Roger Ackroyd, none of the others. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd is usually recognised as Christie's finest! (I named my cat Agatha!)

It is amazing how much weight you have lost this year, it really is!

Ooo, that sounds really interesting! I'll have to have a look! I should start making a list of the books I want to read over the hols...except I have all of next term's books to read over xmas...gah!

I've read some more Dracula, it is a good book, it's just quite drawn out in places, and I keep on having to stop to write notes and stick in post-its; it looks like a hedgehog has mated with my book...

Well, it's not over a year yet, only over like 4 or 5 months so far, hoping that afte a year since I started I'll be relatively close to my goal....although considering how it'd been going these past few weeks I'm not so sure, lol.
How's your loss going? the gardening must be helping :)

We walked to uni again this morning btw, even though it was a 9am lecture (evil hour for students) and we walked home at 5, was pretty dark by then so I might start suggesting that we drive on days that we have later lectures on.

So I weighed myself yesterday and was 13.11, weighed myself today and was 13.6....hmmm, either way I'm not reaching bday target, but hopefully I'll still reach xmas target.

Went for an hour long walk and a (very) brief jog (as in about 2 mins) today, planning on going tomorrow as well, but we'll see how it goes.

How are you guys doing?
Miss chatting, but I have epic amounts of work.

Hey Pink,

Well done on the loss, yeah, I feel you on the whole work load and stuff...Hopefully everything is going well for you.

Hey Em, your doing really well! x

Hope you are making headway on the epic workload! You are doing a great job, slow but steady, you must be pleased!
All is well at this end, well, there was some chocolate at work today which I indulged in, and I was going to go for a walk tonight, however, tomorrow is a new day!

Chocolate is a basic human right...it totally doesn't count in small doses...like....prescription pain medicine, ok in small doses, it's only when you start addictively taking it that you forget you've left the baby in the car...or something.

Have finally finished Dracula!!!! Longest book ever! Seriously, I read all three lord of the rings in less time...

Anyway, hope everyone's doing well :)

xxx

Have you read Les Mis? That is really long! (Not just in pages either!) Had one of those bad day/food treat nights, and I feel like I've put on ten pounds! Tomorrow is a new one!

A little treat every now and then is fine!!!
Haven't read it no, sounds like I don't want to either, lol.

So, my mate from back home came to stay for the week and made me buy lots of clothes...SIZE 16!!!!! I havent been a size 16 since I was sixteen!!
I bought a really nice dress and some jeans from asda....but then i bought an absolutely divine dress (way too expensive - 35quid) from newlook, which is a size14, but veeery stretchy, and waaay too short, and a bit too tight, but looks nice over jeans. So i'm keeping the newlook one and returning the asda one because I cant afford both.

My birthday on Monday and I'm 6lbs off the goal, but it's ok.

How's you doing? Plans for weekend?

My birthday last year, and my birthday this year:

mins25stone.jpg

Makes me wish I'd started to lose weight this time last year rather that this summer.
Hoping to be a size 12 by my birthday next year. Then I can graduate slim, lol.

Back