PinkPops Double Diary -158lb to lose!

fat_poppy

Hi folks!

Gonna make this into my own little journey thread. Didn't wanna put it in the food dairy section as I feel kinda weird about being open and everyone reading it but I figure people in this section might understand.

I'm 27 and currently weigh 318lb... That ain't a typo I am actually that fat lol! I've tried possibly every diet under then sun when I was younger, but for that past 5years as I got bigger I normally tried food replacement diets and lasted no longer than two weeks and hated it!

Been with my partner 6years and love him like crazy, he's not a slim lad but no where near over weight, he's more stocky.. I think he's so hunky! I have a feeling my weight affects how he see's me tho and I as much as I know he loves me I know I need to lose this weight. He loves me as I am and no way am I losing this weight for him but I guess I just don't feel attractive!

After my shocking visit to the doctors this week to talk about my chances of having a baby so big it shocked me into realisation that I can't stay like this any longer if I want children. My bf I hope will ask me to marry him either this year or next so no way do I want to be a fat bride, I need to plan now for the future and sort myself out!

I do no exercise what so ever and drive everywhere! I'm the person who drives as close to the shop door as possible! I'm just so ashamed of going out in public I hate anyone seeing me. I never do anything physical what so ever!

Well last two days I have been walking the dog for an hour each morning nothing strenuous but I'm out walking. Then tonight I had a boost of get up and go and power walked near my house with my bf along this walking path and back, what normally takes a 45min stroll took 20mins power walking... My legs hurt and I felt like I needed gas and air.... But I did it an feel great for doing it. My bf wasn't even out of breath I felt a little embarrassed!

Also normally I don't cook I put things in the oven, I'm not a sweet tooth person, but love crisps and savoury snacks! This week I've really tried cooking healthy food and OMG I've loved it. I've made stir fry, SW burgers, my first ever omelette and SW mushy pea curry! I'm defo going to keep this up its really really fun and my bf is loving eating it hehe! I'm eating lots nothing like my normal diets were I starve myself.

So here I am first week of my SW journey at 318lb I hope you go help me along the way and follow me on my highs an lows, ups and downs. :) exciting time!

yep you are doing great and remember that you cannot do it this time

Hi

good luck on your journey. Dont run the race take your time and enjoy it as it will feel better that way.

Here to support you.

Sarah xx

Hi poppy just read this. I'm so proud of you've grabbed this with both arms and exercising is a must and I've just got on and done it. Do it regular as much as you can it really helps. Build it up slowly.

Can't wait to read your next instalment

Hi poppy just read this. I'm so proud of you've grabbed this with both arms and exercising is a must and I've just got on and done it. Do it regular as much as you can it really helps. Build it up slowly.

Can't wait to read your next instalment

Thank you hehe! It's not just about losing weight and feeling good anymore I really need to be active and healthy. I wanna go horse riding, play tennis, go on a run, or a walk. I wanna be able to do things and enjoy things. I'm so sick of being unhealthy! I'm buying a treadmill today, just a cheaply so dunno if it will take my weight but I don't care, I will use it and I will get healthy lol! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Glad you've started this Poppy, keep it going :)

I was told to lose weight to have kids too so your story really resonates with me. Keep us updated on how you are getting on and well done on all the cooking so far! XD x

sounds like you're super motivated! love it!! i'm a similar age and weight so here for the long run too :)

good luck hun xx

like others have said, such a motivational thread! hope you dont mind if i follow you? =]

Hello and good luck, Poppy! I was 301lbs when I started, now down to 186lbs, which has made things much better for me, so I can recommend it, lol. Keep up the good work - I'll be following your progress with interest. :) xx

Thanks for the encouraging replies they defo keep me focused.

It's Saturday night and I've come to bed as I have to be out the house at 6:30am tomorrow. I'm doing my dog walk with my friend everyday and after our dog walk tomorrow we are going swimming! Active day for me I'm very excited!

Feeling upset tho right now, me and my friend decided because today was so sunny we'd go walking at the national park along the river, it's very beautiful. On the way we stopped off at the garage and she bought crisps and a sandwich and I bought a packet of mixed fruit and water so was really proud of myself. We walked for an hour but I don't count our walks as really exercise as my friend bless her walking sooooooooo slow taking her time and doesn't even get out of breath (she's the same size as me) on the way home we went out of our way to stop at this country pub for lunch. So disappointed when I read there meany, nothing healthy not even a salad and my friend convinced me the steak sandwich was the healthiest thing there. When it came it was covered in a sticky sauce which I know was sooooo fattening an it was over everything. I'd payed £9 for something fattening when I'd been soooo good all week, I wanted to cry. I ate it an then thought might was well eat the chips too now and ate them too! Looking back I should have just left it and not eaten really wish I'd done that! Feel like I've undone all my hard work this week.

When I got home I seem I hadn't taken the salmon out the freezer and now was stuck for tea too!! In the end and 1 1/2 hours and 3 coke cans later I made coke cola chicken which was lovely but my local shop had no passate so I had to use ketchup which is MORE syns! I just wanna cry! What an horrible day when I tried my best to be good and luck wasn't on my side :( xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

aw poppy, dont be so hard on yourself, draw a line under yesturday and start a new day today! ah, i envy you walking your dog... mine has a tendancy to run off and add a toddler into the mix....nightmare lol!

Re: Poppy's plan -158lb to lose!

Ah poppy don't be so hard on yourself. Think you made the best choices possible what would you have chosen if you were not on sw am sure it would have been a lot more synful!

I agree with Treen and Willfit. We all have blips - and this one wasn't really your fault. Use it as an opportunity to think about what you would do next time. Would it be worth taking some healthyish snack-bars when you go out so that you can eat something if you get into that situation without going over your syns? If you are doing SW it is all about being in control as much as possible, and learning from our reactions when we can not be fully in control. Part of that is being prepared for the unexpected as much as possible. We are all on a long journey and there will be lots of times we will slip along the way, but if we get back up, then each slip makes us stronger and more determined. Take care.

Back