Pitter Patter

Alia

Silver Member
As you know I was a bit off track this week although on reflection I was n't really that bad because I did n't once even reach for any of the usual things I would have eat like cakes,chocolate, biscuits etc, infact I did n't even consider going for those things. I think the worst thing that I ate was a packet of Walkers BBQ crisps and in all honesty I did n't enjoy them.

The reason for me being a bit off was that I'm pregnant. It was n't planned, I had a miscarriage in February and decided then that we would put a hold on baby plans till next year when I had lost loads of weight. Clearly my body had other plans and although I'm so far off my ideal weight I am about 30kg lighter than when when I had my miscarriage so that is a positive thing. It's taken me a couple of weeks to come to terms with the pregnancy - as this will be our last I'd hoped to have a really positive pregnancy after a huge weightloss instead of a problem filled one like my last and previous ones - there is alot of negativity from medical staff towards obese pregnant women and my scans in my last pregnancy left me feeling like a second class citizen due to the attitudes of the people doing them. I've wallowed in self pity for about 10 days now but today I got up and decided that I can carry on with that attitude for my pregnancy or fight it and try to enjoy it as much as possible - if that is possible, I'm not a pregnancy lover! I've had to stop all my medication suddenly - pain killers, epilepsy medication, nerve supressants, anti depressants, plus a few other things and that has n't helped as I'm not able to sleep at night and I feel exahusted. With my last pregnancy I became a hermit - did n't go out, talk to any one, just lay on the couch all day and I don't want to do that again - well I can't do that again, I've got a 2 year old to take care of this time round so it's not even an option.

I intend to continue with my weightloss journey despite my pregnancy and have been told I could still have alot of success though in the later months the weightloss will slow down. All I need to do is get my midwife to sign some forms saying it is ok for me to carry on with SW.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up yet after my miscarriage but there is no reason why is should happen again but I'll feel more at ease once I get past next week.

Let's just hope it's not twins again!!! :(:(

:talk017:

Congratulations Alia! Really hope this pregnancy goes smoothly. I was sorry to hear the scans were not a good experience because of the attitude of those doing them. Some people can be soooo judgemental can't they?

When are you due honey?

ZXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Congratulations Alia.
I wish you all the luck in the world through your pregnancy and as long as you keep a positive attitude I'm sure you can carry on losing the weight as fantastically as you have been already x

Congratulations Alia! Really hope this pregnancy goes smoothly. I was sorry to hear the scans were not a good experience because of the attitude of those doing them. Some people can be soooo judgemental can't they?

When are you due honey?

ZXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

3rd of March hun x

WooooHooooo Alia!!! Congratulations on baby number 7?!!! OMG! Your DH must be a superhero! And you must have supersonic eggs too :D :D

I'm so sorry to hear about the poor attitude of the medical staff doing your scans. Maybe if they knew that you've taken control of your diet they'd ease off a little. Its a shame as they're there for support not judgement... Anyway here's wishing you the very very best and a smooth pregnancy! YAY!

congratulations to you - im pregnant with no 3 too - why do you need to stop all ur medication ??? dont they have pregnancy alternatives - i know for a fact u can stay on anti depressants throughout pregnancy even if it means changing to one u can take and dont u need epilespy meds?? know what u mean about being overweight in pregnancy - although i have never specifically been told im under consultant for bmi being too high and having to have GTT cos of hihg bp but i know that my weight is the real reason. good luck with pregnancy

Congratulations! I hope the pregnancy goes smoothly this time for you!

congratulations to you - im pregnant with no 3 too - why do you need to stop all ur medication ??? dont they have pregnancy alternatives - i know for a fact u can stay on anti depressants throughout pregnancy even if it means changing to one u can take and dont u need epilespy meds?? know what u mean about being overweight in pregnancy - although i have never specifically been told im under consultant for bmi being too high and having to have GTT cos of hihg bp but i know that my weight is the real reason. good luck with pregnancy

I'm going to see if I can change to some other anti depressants but the one I take is also a nerve painkiller cause I suffer really badly with sciatica and it helps with that.

The epilepsy medication I take is nt for Epilepsy I have to take it for severe neuralgia - it can leave me bedbound for days and this one can't be taken during pregnancy so I just have to try to get by. The painkillers I take are really strong, one being morphine and that can't be taken unless its so so neccessary as it can affect the baby too.

I'm seeing my midwife on Thursday and I expect I'll be sent pretty quickly to see my consultant - think she's going to have heart failure when I walk through the door cause of the problems with pregnancies. I've had all my 6 children by C Section so thats the first issue plus all but the first one have been born at 32 weeks. I don't know what is in store for me with this one but I'm hoping it's better than the last. Having had 2 sets of twins there is also a chance it could happen again so I do usually get a scan early to check, I'm hoping for one, not sure I'd cope with a 3rd set lol

Just wanted to say a MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family and to wish you a happy and healthy 9 months xxxxxx

ahh, alia congratulations hunny. that explains why you have been feeling low the past few days. I hope that this pregnancy can be a really stressfree and enjoyable experience for you. Well done xx

Ooops, congratulations honeyoc too! i love your diary! have made many of your meals!!! xx

Hi Alia,

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I understand your upset and fears re: you miscarriage. I had one at the latter part of last year, and it tore me to pieces, not to mentioned we are now facing secondary infertility too :(.

Like you say, having a miscarriage doesnt mean you will again second time round, but of course that still doesnt stop the worrying. Perhaps look into some acupunture and reflexology. It is meant to be great for calming nerves etc.

I hope you get an understanding consultant, but if not, perhaps ask to change, the important thing is you feel comfortable with the medical team who looks after you.

Oh honey - massive congratulatiosn to you & your family.

I was really sad when I read your introduction post where you told us about your previous miscarrage so it is nice to hear that your feeling good now about this one.

I wish you a very healthy pregnacy x x

same here -- I say wishing you all the happiest and healtiest moments for your full 9 months, inshallah...I wont be far behind you and we can exchange bump stories again LOVE YOU sweet pea!!

and I am over the moon for you!

same here -- I say wishing you all the happiest and healtiest moments for your full 9 months, inshallah...I wont be far behind you and we can exchange bump stories again LOVE YOU sweet pea!!

and I am over the moon for you!

Love you too hunney, so looking forward to anticipating your news!! Love you so so much and miss you more than ever xxx

CONGRATULATIONS! Wowser, 2 sets of twins already? I wish you a happy pregnancy and a very understanding medical team. Don't hold back from giving anyone who's rude to you what for! :D

Back