Pixies Diary...

:O throw rhubard crumble in the bin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ............. oh umm well now errr i couldnt possibly cos well umm! my b.f will wonder where it is! Maybe ill just feed him with it LOL

0.5lb isn't such a big deal - go for a big poop and you'll drop more than that, heehee!!! (Sorry, couldn't resist, lol).

I always go to the loo before a wi (sorry TMI?) take off my watch & my scrunchie, you just never know how much they might affect things :giggle:

So glad to hear your induction went well and I hope your pal is in touch soon!!!! :mad:

Hi Hunni

.5 isn't too bad .. it will be long gone at next weeks weigh in!

Friends eh ... who would have em??

Glad your induction went well. I used to work in a care home (in my younger day) I was way too much of an emotional person though as whenever someone died I was heartbroken and inconsolable!

xx

Thanks for your replies! ya know what! if she wants to be that way then fine! Im not going to let it bother me ! im here for her! that goes without question and i know i do my bit so ive nothing to feel bad about, ..........................
We do indeed have our little ways Suzi! i always wear the same clothing they must think im poor! lol I never eat after dinner and dont drink any water on w.i day! LOL ...
Jools im worried that ill be to emotional for the job! or take to much to heart im quite a sensitive person but wear a good mask! ... just hoping its for me as id love to be able to do it!

xxx

Rainy Thursday!

Well morning all! ...........

Im sitting here telling myself off!, Im going to be good today and each day until w.i on tuesday evening! ........ Last night i had rhubard crumble and single cream! .......... :confused: WHY! ... umm well because Mark was having some! ... even though ive got some lovely ww deserts in the freezer! how daft is that! ..
so up until the crumble moment id had 17 pts and gained 2 bonus pnts so 5 spare! ...
well that put payed to that didnt it!
So! .. Im going to be an angel and the first sign of me turning again i would like somone to kick me up the a@@ ...............

Today i wont be going far as its rainy altho need to walk the dog at some point, and im doing my shopping online to lessen the tempation! ...
PayDay tomorow to woohooo! lol ...

ummm i need your advice to girls please! ...
Honest advice! ..

Ive been with my bf for 7 years he has always said he wouldnt get married because you make a big commitment living together and having a child! ...
and would rather spend the money on a once in a life time holiday.
:rolleyes: hes so romantic! ...........
I was thinking ... do you think if i was to propose tomorow :eek: what ya reckon my chances are based on the above info? ..........
Even if we get engaged! but i cant say
"Mark will you engage me!" .. Kinda doesnt have the same ring to it lol!

need ideas and need em fast girls ! lol before i make a prat out of myself! lol

oh bless,you never know chick till you try.
I say go for it ,i need a new hatlol.
Good luck (oh let us know im excited now);)

Thanks for that that Marie! mine is totally the same! .. Ive been married before! so its not that i wanna get married but i think it would be lovely to have a sorta commitment .. eternity ring maybe? i dunno! ... We have a son together and share a house and yes i agree there is no bigger commitment which is how he sees it! whats the point in wasting money getting married just to have a bit of paper to put in a file! LOL

Hey hun, have just read your diary, sorry for not stopping in before now but its been hard enough to find to write in my own diary let alone others diaries! But i really value you writing back in mine so thought i had better start making more of an effort!

Firstly, welcome to the world of care work- its hard, emotional and stressful but trust me the good outweighs the bad and you will learn to love it and those you work with (clients AND colleagues!).

Second, 0.5lbs- dont worry bout it- I put on 2 and lost them again in a couple of days- just put it down to fluctuations and carry on, dont let it stop your positivity!

Third, with the engagement thing I know exactly how you feel as I am living with my bf of three years and he knows full well I want a commitment in a ring-sized package, but I am determined that HE will be the one to ask me!! Just my personal thing tho!

Finally :D I think we should have a minis gathering one day seeing as so many of us live in or near southampton!! Maybe come spring-summer when we have all lost another 14lbs or so and are feeling ultra positive we could go clothes shopping or something! Im quite isolated here too, and like you my partner is my world so it would be nice to spend some time with like minded people!! What do you think?

xxx

Hi hunni

Why don't you test the water first and jokingly tell him its a leap year and what would he do if you asked him to marry him??

I had a long engagement (8 years) .. not for any reason ... as soon as I was pregnant with our daughter we were married. weve been together since high school (19 years) and arried for nearly 11 years.
I agree with Marie ... I don't understand why men think that marriage is such a commitment when these days many people get divorced but having a child is a lifetime tie! Men eh? bless em!

xx

Heylo!
I do part time work as a home help in the community, and it's really rewarding. It can be quite difficult leaving houses once you've done your job though because the people generally really enjoy your company and don't want you to go and then i end up feeling terribly guilty! I hope you get on ok in your first few weeks i'd be happy to help if you need any advice- though i'm sure the carer you're shadowing will be a great source for you xx charlotte (oh and watch out for the constant offers of tea and biscuits!! lethal for the diet!!)

Thanks fairy, My mum did "homehelp" with the social services for 20 years and adored her job she only gave up due to getting arthritis! .. I thought id give it a go! .... Im getting a bit nervous about tomorow evening, i just have to watch what the care givers do and how they work ... Monday im being tested by a carer to see if im compitent and then wednesday i start !!!!!!!!!!!! ..........
I just hope i can do it! .... Im not sure about personal care etc yet so thought id just start out as a domestic side of things, and then go from there .............. (im hoping im gonna make new friends thro this job to)

Im sure ill be asking questions! ...

Morning girls! just stopping off before i drop the boy off at playschool and go cleaning, Ive decided im not going to ask him to marry me! we dont need a peice of paper ~winks~ .... So im going to ask about a "commitment ring" The same as an engagement ring but without the lead upto marraige if that makes sence? ... Anyway .. Im going to broach the subject tionight when the kids are in bed and i get back in from shadowing! ..

Ill let ya know what happens lol xxx

Hi Pixie!,

Just spent the last while reading through your diary - your doing great pet!.

OH MY GOD! I actually have butterflies in my stomach thinking about your chat!! - make sure you let us know how you get on, won't you? what are you going to say? if your anything like me you'll be playing imaginary conversations in your head all day! he he (or is that just me? and now I've admitted to you all that I'm just a small bit crazy?)

For what its worth, I think that is a brilliant idea - a really good compromise!! You'll feel more commited to and so will he, without "taking the plunge" - see how things go, who knows? in a couple of years you both may decide you do want to get married, he won't have to spend much money - as starlight pointed out there are so many other ways of doing it, without the expense - small, intimate weddings, eloping!! (imagine a beautiful island somewhere!) anyway, thats completely off topic - as you've said you don't want to... God, I do ramble on :D:rolleyes:

I completely, completely agree with Marie - I've always said this too - having a child and buying a house together is waaay more of a commitment - you CAN get out of marriage but your bound together for life if you have children.

Congratulations on your job!!! HOW brave are you?? it must be so difficult and scary to go back into the work force after spending a few years at home - I really admire you!

Hows diet going today? xx

Hey Nikki thanks for the message! ..... I do run conversations over and over in my head and then say completly different! lol .......... Im afraid the whole proposing thing was totally unromantic! lol I text him this morning and said
"i was going to ask you to marry me today" ...
His reply "what by text" ..
My reply " no ya daft sod! .. May do it later .....................
I got back from cleaning and asked him if he would have said yes! .. and he said well i dont mind getting engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but you know that we both dont feel the need to be married! Sooooooooooooooooo
I think that means were engaged! woohooo!

Diet wise today im doing good! altho im having a chinese later so not sure what to have ive had 7pnts so far today so have 14 spare for today plus 3 from last night! ... looking forward to it
Im shadowing tonight! so hope i dont get lost as im not great with the area at the moment lol and im hoping it doesnt put me off atall as id reall love to be able to do this job! ....

will catch up again a bit later xx

oooo and i just want to say thankyou to everyone who reads my babblings! it means alot and helps to keep me sane ! and on the straigt and narrow ! xx

oh wow pixie!!!!! so your engaged really!!! how lovely!!! congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine was in the same situation, did'nt want to get married but wanted more of a commitment - her OH bought her a "promise ring", that basically promised to spend their lives together (how romantic is that?!) couldnt you do that? as engaged really means engaged to be married so, I think the promise is so much sweeter (sorry!! i'm such an interfering ol biddy!! :eek: I'm just such an old romantic - these things set me off) I am sooooo delighted for you both!! xx

Noooooooooooo a promise ring sound perfect! .. I was having a think cos i cant really go round telling everyone were comitted can i ! LOL specially for those that know me LOL

A promise ring sounds lovely ! im going to say that weve promised to be with each other ! thanks for that xx

Oh Im delighted you like the idea Pixie!! - of COURSE you can go around telling people your committed - cos you are!!!! completely! it's just that I find, if you called it an engagement ring, people are going to expect a wedding/ did you set a date?/ details of the day/ etc.. and it saves having to explain - oooh I am SO excited for you!! xx

Back