Pizza Express Idea's ??

We are going away to our caravan this weekend & have decided to end the weekend with a "treat" dinner.

Opted for Pizza Express as we have a gift card, so to save pennies are using it!

But - I need idea's on syns for Pizza Express.

As a target member I haven't been to group this week & the password for the website I was using from about 2 weeks ago has expired now so can't check on-line.

Anybody got any low syn suggestions??

Their salads are really good - they usually serve the dressing separately, but check to make sure.

Or the pizza with the whole in the middle with salad in it.

They do a very light lemony yogurty desert thingy - what a terrible description, but I can't remember the name! It is lovely. (I won't mention the fact that it is even lovlier with Limoncello poured over it!)

Leggera pizzas still work out at 25 syns per pizza. Guess you could deduct syns if you have cheese Hex's to use. I'd go for the spinach & ricotta canneloni which is generically listed in the 'italian' section of the eating out guide at 10.5 syns and then deduct the 6 syns for some of the cheese. You could do the same with the melanzane parmagiana if you're into aubergine? HTH :)

Here you go...

Pizza Express Restaurants Leggera Margherita Pizza per ½ pizza

extraeasy.gif
12½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 12½ Syns
green.gif
Green 12½ Syns

and for a plain pizza

Pizza Express Restaurants Classic Margherita Pizza per ½ pizza

extraeasy.gif
17 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 17 Syns
green.gif
Green 17 Syns

Stay away from the salads....!!

Pizza Express Restaurants Traditional Mozzarella & Tomato Salad per serving

extraeasy.gif
20 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 20 Syns
green.gif
Green 20 Syns

Pizza Express Restaurants Caesar Salad per serving

extraeasy.gif
15½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 15½ Syns
green.gif
Green 15½ Syns

bubbalicious you beat me to it!! Was just going to say stay away from the salads! xx

But nearly all of the the syns in the salads are in the dressing and the dough sticks!

Don't eat the dressings or the sticks, and look carefully at what is on the plate (flick out the olives and the croutons, for instance) and it will be almost free.

The Nostrana has avocado in it, for instance - you would have to syn that, or ask them to leave it out, forget the dressing, and everything else is free.

The Pollo has goat's cheese and olives - again, avoid them or syn them (not sure if goat's cheese can be a HEXA).

For Nicoise you would have to watch the anchovies and olives, but that don't put on that much of either.

Bosco is probably not a good idea because I don't know how they cook the mushrooms.

Even the Chicken Caesar is workable, if you fiddle with it.

I often have a salad at Pizza Express, and most of what is on the plate is free.

Oh - and when I said flick out the olives and croutons, I didn't mean that literally!! I don't want you getting into trouble for throwing little missiles around your local Pizza Express!!!

How many Hex do you use to take 6 syns off the pizzs for the cheese (6 syns) just one?

Also, does anyone know how many syns are in the dough balls for starters? I know it's not going to be good but I find it really hard to sit and not eat anything if everyone else is having a starter!
thanks.

We are going away to our caravan this weekend & have decided to end the weekend with a "treat" dinner.

Opted for Pizza Express as we have a gift card, so to save pennies are using it!

But - I need idea's on syns for Pizza Express.

As a target member I haven't been to group this week & the password for the website I was using from about 2 weeks ago has expired now so can't check on-line.

Anybody got any low syn suggestions??

Just found this - posted by Sarah-Jayne hope it helps!

http://www.pizzaexpress.com/pdfs/fil...427-162217.pdf

F4ye x

Last edited:
Back