Pizza! Help!

~Crooked Smile~

Silver Member
10 large pizzas are going to be delivered to my office as a treat in about half an hour. Pizza is my weakness!!! I cannot afford the points at all. Aaagghghhhh!!!

Right hon, damage limitation! Have one single slice of pizza. Point it at whatever you want (prob about 6) but take absolutely ages to eat it. Seriously cut it into tiny little bits and as everyone else takes time to eat about 4 or 5 slices you'll have only eaten one. And because you've taken time to eat it, it will fill you more than if you just scoffed it. Even if it makes taking off every tiny bit of topping and eating it individually - really really enjoy it all.

Don't tell yourself you won't have any - just have one single slice and make it really last and enjoy it. :)

Thanks sneeze! Unfortunately I know myself and if I had one, I'd go back for another!

But I have resisted :) I ate my cherry tomatoes (very slowly!!), took a walk, and treated myself to a cold diet coke. Soon I will eat my home made sandwiches. There's still some pizza lying around but it doesn't actually look that appealing anymore. Phew!!

Oh my goodness. Now there is cakes because somebody is leaving! And tomorrow and Friday morning there is going to be pies for people leaving! Going to have to have willpower of steel this week...

crooked smile you can do it.... you resisted the pizza, don't waste that brilliant effort!! I can't believe you managed to do it.. I'm a pizza lover and would have had to chain myself to the desk to not have any!!!

My colleagues came in with lots of junk food today... One in particular is a real piece of work and likes to wind me up something rotten. I used to rise to it, but I actually get pleasure out of denying her petty put me downs!!! And its nice to see shes getting fatter by the day!!! :D And she'll sit in the afternoon constantly groaning that shes got a sore tum... but shes eaten a load of garbage!! LOL

She announced that she is now a shocking 12 stone (shes the same height as me)... before long i'll be passing her as I go down and she goes up... cannot bloody wait :p

hannata said:
crooked smile you can do it.... you resisted the pizza, don't waste that brilliant effort!! I can't believe you managed to do it.. I'm a pizza lover and would have had to chain myself to the desk to not have any!!!

My colleagues came in with lots of junk food today... One in particular is a real piece of work and likes to wind me up something rotten. I used to rise to it, but I actually get pleasure out of denying her petty put me downs!!! And its nice to see shes getting fatter by the day!!! :D And she'll sit in the afternoon constantly groaning that shes got a sore tum... but shes eaten a load of garbage!! LOL

She announced that she is now a shocking 12 stone (shes the same height as me)... before long i'll be passing her as I go down and she goes up... cannot bloody wait :p

Thanks hannata :) at least I know in advance I guess so I can make sure I'm prepared tomorrow and Friday with a tasty lunch and some zero PP snacks!

That's great that you don't rise to her anymore. And I bet it's so satisfying shrinking as she grows!! I have a friend who often tries to sabotage me (always, just one takeaway won't hurt etc etc) and when we got fitted for dresses a few weeks ago, I must admit it was kind of satisfying when I was a 12 and she was a 20! Reminds me WHY I don't just have that takeaway when I haven't planned for it!!

Oh my goodness. Now there is cakes because somebody is leaving! And tomorrow and Friday morning there is going to be pies for people leaving! Going to have to have willpower of steel this week...

My goodness chick where do you work?? :giggle:

I'm very very lucky in that I'm in an office with only 3 other women. One's a real health freak, one is on the Monteague (sp?) diet and cant eat high GI items and the other is on All About Weight!! It's fab! There's never any biscuits or bad food here. :)

Very proud of you for resisting hon - BIG WELL DONE. xxx

Thanks Hun :) I work in a male-dominated testosterone-filled office (I'm in engineering in the oil industry!) and it's a nightmare because every time they get rewarded it's with food! It's funny to watch actually, the email goes out that pies are in and swarms of salivating men descend!!

I KNOW I feel better now than I would have if I'd given in- just need to remember that feeling when the pies are calling me!! Xx

Thanks Hun :) I work in a male-dominated testosterone-filled office (I'm in engineering in the oil industry!) and it's a nightmare because every time they get rewarded it's with food! It's funny to watch actually, the email goes out that pies are in and swarms of salivating men descend!!

Me too! I mean the Oil Industry bit, not the being a salivating man bit... It's so true though, they swarm don't they.... haha!

Ha ha - I work with mostly men too. It's like feeding time at the zoo sometimes x

Agreed!!!!

Well done on bypassing the pizza, and the cakes, and the pies on friday. You'll do it. They aint worth the grease and fat and stodge...... :)

Well done Crooked Smile - I agree with you that it's best not even to get started cos it's harder to stop. We still have bloomin "Cake Day" on a Wednesday - I work in a Child Protection Team and yes, it can be stressful and we are all out and about a lot of the time so it's 11am on a Wed that we plan to get together and chat for 20 mins over cake and tea. Lovely idea but really hard to resist. I have actually decided that I will have one cake and then stop and I can do that with cakes. Obviously there are always some left over which sit in our office but I am happy with just the one, whereas I used to go back and pick all day. There are now a few people who are also wanting to lose a few pounds or just eat more healthily and they also bring in fruit which is a bonus.

Thinking about you the rest of the week and willing you to resist those pies!

Oh this has to be a joke. Somebody somewhere is having a laugh at my expense. Now it's somebody's birthday and they've brought in heaps of cakes!

I did :D didn't give in to anything! Today was extra hard because I forgot my carefully packed lunch and 0PP snacks, but I got up early and went to the gym before work so that helped as I was determined not to undo the good work. But now it's Friday night and treat night so I'm off to undo it now hehe.

Hope you had a good week :) xx

Back