1 small garlic clove, finely cubed
1 red pepper, finely cubed
1 vegetable or beef stock cube made with 1 dsp of boiling water
3 tbsp canned chopped tomatoes
2 level tbsp tomato puree
40g low fat cheese, grated
1 tsp dried basil

Method:
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees/gas mark 6. Cut the chicken fillets in half horizontally (but don't cut all the way through) they open out, making a butterly shape. Pan fry the chicken to seal allover then put on a non stick baking tray, cover lightly with foil & cook for 30 minutes.

Meanwhile cook your sw chips or oven chips as normal & prepare the salad.

Put the onion, pepper, garlic & stock into a small saucepan & simmer for a few minutes. Add the tomatoes to the pan. Stir well & season.

Spoon the tomato mixture over the cooked chicken & top with the cheese & other toppings of your choice. Add the basil. Warm under the grill until the cheese melts, then serve with the chips & salad.

Syns in the photo shown are:
Tesco oven chips 200g worth for 6 syns.
Asda pepperoni 1.5 syns for two & half pieces.

11pizzachicken.jpg

Here is an updated photo of the pizza topped chicken which I had today on a Red day.
230g baked potato, chopped in the skins as Acrifry chips as my HEB.

image-87581526.jpg

image-3741032791.jpg

image-1806104563.jpg

Last edited:
Had this for tea a few nights ago - delish! :) x

I've had this a few times, it's lovely!! Yum yum x

Trying this tonight, looks great. I love chicken but my partner thinks it's bland so hopefully it will be tasty!!!

Going to try this with quorn.

i wish my dinners came out like urs the pic is lush :) so is the din lol.....

im gna give this a go tonite bet it dont turn out the same x

Had this last night tasted great, think I slightly overcooked chicken as it was a bit dry but still tasted good. Will be having again!!!

I'm glad I looked at this post it has reminded me of how yum this dish Is! Does any one else seem to forget yummy dishes as there are so many yummy dishes to try!

I had this tonight, was sooo yummy. Will def be having it again!

I'm going to try this but I think I'm going to try bashing the chicken out between two bits of clingfilm to make it thinner like an escalope. Then I'm going to crispy coat it in smash powder and top with the cheesy pizza topping :) hopefully the chicken will keep some crunch!!!

Legomom said:
I'm going to try this but I think I'm going to try bashing the chicken out between two bits of clingfilm to make it thinner like an escalope. Then I'm going to crispy coat it in smash powder and top with the cheesy pizza topping :) hopefully the chicken will keep some crunch!!!

Sounds interesting. Pls let us know how it goes and a pic would be great:)

Back