Plain old water !!??

I have made myself have more water too. I have a glass about every hour but have to stop around teatime or I am up all night back and fore to the privy. I've found that the extra water is helping my skin too. I have dry skin which needs loads of moisturising.

My friend just told me she have UTI from eating too much protein and not having enough water. Pain on her lower right tummy and back, not to mention it hurts like hell for her to piss... now she's on anti-biotics and stuff to get better and thus have to drink more water... I went and drank 2 cups of water once i got her message. LOL... drinking water is definitely going to be on my list of priorities from now onwards! at least 8 glasses of water a day!

S

Yup Ive heard the same, water is the magic weight loss elixir! x

Drinking a glass of water few minutes before meal time will make you feel fuller and it will minimize the tendency to overeat. I hope you were able to get positive results.

Water is amazing - a good way to keep on track is to fill a 2L bottle every day and drink from that...you'd be surprised how much more you drink when you have a bottle to reference you. Personally I drink around 6-8 PINTS of it every day...I hate fizzy drinks, cola, squash etc (makes my mouth go 'furry' - yuck!) drink occasional cups of tea (black, no sugar) and only as of last week started drinking coffee (black, sweeteners and sometimes a bit of hot choc powder in there for a treat). I think liquids really fill you up, help your body out a lot too...try drinking a big gulp of liquid before a meal. you will feel full loads quicker.

Until I was 35 I drank nothing but water (and the odd glass of alcohol ) and never had a weight problem, however around the same time I was diagnosed with an illness which meant surgery followed up by large doese of medication. Now twenty years later the pounds have crept up on me and I am 2 stone overweight. Started my diet earlier this year and went back to drinking gallons of water again, and yes! I think it is helping, so am interested to read what others are saying.

Back