Planned Breaks

Cranberrie

I have my hen do coming up in 6 weeks and I booked everything in Jan before I had even considered commencing this weight plan. We'll be spending the weekend in London and part of it consists of a brunch of nothing but sweet things! At first I said to myself that I would have a slither of a couple of cakes and leave it at that but a couple of friends have said to me that it's my hen do and I should give myself a break!

I'm not one to be lectured so I made myself a deal - if I am satisfied with how much I have lost by then I will have brunch and dinner off plan as well as a meal the night before to prepare my body for eating carbs again.

If I haven't lost the weight then I will still have a small taste of a couple of cakes but leave it at that, I know it'll kick me out of ketosis but by then it'll be about damage limitation!

I just wanted to know if anyone has had planned breaks and if so, how much has it affected your loss and do you have any nasty side effects because your body has been used to such a low-carb intake? I want to eat normally if I can but don't want to do it if I am just going to end up being sick or stuck in the bathroom the whole time!

I'm also getting to the point where I am getting fed up of not being able to eat, even things like tomatoes so I'm thinking that having a date between now and the wedding where I can eat and enjoy myself gives me a bit more motivation to carry on!

Even if I keep losing 3lbs a week I'm still going to be just under 2 stone overweight at the time of my wedding (but it's a long time since I've even been that weight!) so am wondering whether a setback of a few lbs will make huge difference. Any help would be much appreciated! x

I think a planned break can do wonders. Gives you something to look forward to and motivates you to stay 100% until your break. My advice would be don't go mad. Have meals but you really don't need pudding or that extra cake. And make a date for starting back on plan and stick to it. I had a break a couple of weeks ago and still managed a 3lbs loss. We had a meal out and a Chinese however it was for my nieces birthday...I stayed away from the buffet and birthday cake and stuck with my water. Felt good to have a break but also know that I was in control of my break.

I hope I don't sound like I'm preaching and that was helpful lol

Lynne - week 23, 81.5lbs down 14lbs to go... :)

Thanks Lynne, that's really helpful and really reassuring to know you still lost weight after your break. Well done for having so much willpower at your niece's birthday too!
Yeah I had a chat with my CWPC who advised to order small meals as I'll become full quicker. The idea is to have off plan meals that are still relatively sensible and then get back on SS+ the next day with lots and lots of water! It's amazing how this plan makes you automatically make more sensible choices when you're out! xx

Definitely right there!! And when I was on my break I was actually dying to get back on it and feel in control again. Eating food again is actually really scary hehe

I agree with LMS about planned breaks, I think it can really make a huge difference. I have had 2 so far. I had a weekend in Paris, at first I was wary of eating too much then I decided sod it, I'm in Paris!! So I ate whatever I really fancied, but to be honest you can't eat nearly as much as you did before and felt much fuller for longer! I came back on the Monday night and was straight back on SS on the Tuesday morning and by weigh in the following Monday I had lost 3lbs! And another planned break was when I attended a charity ball, posh 3 course meal and wine etc, that was the saturday, straight back on SS on the Sunday and had lost 2.5lbs on the Monday! :) I think you just have to be sensible, and make sure you 100% go back on the diet the next again day! When you're in the zone nothing can stop you!

'when your in the zone nothing can stop you' best quote ever there and sooo true :)

Hi, I agree with the above posts :) it was my birthday at the weekend and I took the Friday night and Saturday off. I was really full after every meal and tbh I couldn't wait to get back onto SS on Sunday. on Monday my scales said +5 but with plenty of water that was off by Wednesday and today it shows an extra 2lb off from last week. I think it can help you be 100% up to the event. have a good time xx

Thank you ladies, that has really helped. I'm really pleasantly surprised about the fact that you were all looking forward to getting back on plan too as one of my worries was that I might find it hard to get back on the wagon after a day off! Allibongo you are so right - My CWPC said you just don't want as much water when you are eating more and just to make sure water intake as soon as I'm back on it is high to flush everything out.

And yes Alison, I rarely do inspirational quotes but that is so true! Amazing how you can surprise yourself on a diet like this! xx

im getting married in 9 weeks. i did 8 weeks on sole source "SS" and i was starving!!! i was upset for three days and i knew i either had to accept that if i didn't eat i was going to continue being low or have a day off then get back on it feeling better!! so i decided to take a day off and it was lovely!! me and my H2B went to a restaurant i had a mexican starter called fajitas, then for a main i had a huge sizzling plate mixed meats that was gammon,chicken,burgers, sausage with corn on the cob,peppers,onions,salad,fries, bbq sauce, then 6 hours later i had a large mcdonalds meal i really did take the day off!! lol
the next day i restarted sole source, i didnt weigh... today is day 5 after my day off and iv lost 2lb!!!!!! and i feel like the next 9 weeks is going to be a breeze till my next day off "my wedding day" :D so dont feel bad hun, i dont xx

I took 2 and a half weeks off, ate everything I wanted, put on 7lbs, then was back to my pre-holiday weight 5 days after being back on ss, and yes I was looking forward to going back on plan since I felt so ridiculously bloated the whole time I was off of it - might be all the bread I ate!

Go for it! My losses have been good and consistent since - no harm done whatsoever!

X

Back