Planned days off??

Siobhan89

Silver Member
Hey everyone this might seem like a bit of a random one! But i have planned to take the day off this plan on saturday (I'm on SS) due to a wedding. I just feel it would be difficult to stay to plan anyway all day, and especially as it's a pizza and pasta buffet (at a wedding?! i know!). Couldn't have been worse foods to have on a day off eh?! :rolleyes: anyway i just wanted to know if any of you have ever had a planned day off and how u done that week at weigh in? :confused: My weigh in is on a monday so i only have sunday to repair any damage...which isn't alot of time! I know the consequences of what i'm doing and more than expect a sts or a gain but i almost feel like i'm letting my CDC down lol (sad eh!). I'm also being very good this week and staying 100% SS to make up for saturday! xx

If your planning on drinking you will need to come out of Ketosis a day or so before the wedding, as alcohol and Ketosis don't go well together!! Just be careful with your food, try to have lots of allowed food if it's there such as salad, chicken, prawns. And try to go steady on the carbs, the less carbs you eat the easier it will be for you to carry on on Sunday.

I have had two planned days off and lost 2lbs at next weigh in but my weigh in is on Wednesday. I had 2 drinks and a large meal on first day off and felt fantastic the next day - carb high! I drank myself into a stupor on the second occasion and was very sick but I reckon I would have been anyway ketosis or not! I got straight back on SS the day after without any ill effects. My advice is enjoy yourself but don't drink too much and don't allow a meal to turn into a binge. Have fun!

Yeh I'll be taking it easy on the alcohol anyway! It's just the food side of things I'm worried about as I doubt there will be any foods like prawns n chicken to keep me on track!

Oops didn't mean to send that there lol anyway I know the food I'll have will bring me out of ketosis so hoping I don't feel too ill on Sunday fingers crossed :) thanks for the advice! Xx

Personally babe, at the beginning of this diet everyone was asking me if i planned to have days off for my birthday and i wasn't sure until my birthday actually came around, i went out for 2 meals my birthday week and not for a second did i come off plan! I just didnt think it was worth it. I still had my 3 shakes a day, went for the 2 meals, ordered the healthiest thing i could of, no carbs at all, and i lost 5lb that week!!

If i was going to a wedding and it was a pizza buffet lol i'd totally avoid it and drink water all day! Just about what mind set your in, but good luck with it anyway & i hope the carbs don't affect your weigh in (i think they probably will though!) x

Also couldn't you take tetra's or bars? Just seems pointless to come off plan completely and eat pizza etc, only my opinion though! x

xSinead said:
Personally babe, at the beginning of this diet everyone was asking me if i planned to have days off for my birthday and i wasn't sure until my birthday actually came around, i went out for 2 meals my birthday week and not for a second did i come off plan! I just didnt think it was worth it. I still had my 3 shakes a day, went for the 2 meals, ordered the healthiest thing i could of, no carbs at all, and i lost 5lb that week!!

If i was going to a wedding and it was a pizza buffet lol i'd totally avoid it and drink water all day! Just about what mind set your in, but good luck with it anyway & i hope the carbs don't affect your weigh in (i think they probably will though!) x

I'm not coming off plan to specifically go and eat pizza and pasta, I had planned to stick to chicken etc if it was a regular buffet or sit down meal. I'm going to take a bar but I don't want questions all day as to why I'm not eating and drinking! So I'm gonna come off plan for one day and straight back to SS on the Sunday x

Okie Dokie, good luck :) Hope your losses will still be good that week! x

xSinead said:
Okie Dokie, good luck :) Hope your losses will still be good that week! x

Thank u :) I hope so too but I know the consequences so will be my own fault if I gain lol I have a family meal planned the following Saturday but I'm sticking to protein and water that day :) xx

I wouldn't say it's a good idea to go off plan but sometimes it is unavoidable and it's important to know that it's not the end of the world. You just get back on it the day after and may lose a pound less than you would have done. I think it's easier to control yourself if you plan ahead.

Stay committed and it will all be worth it in the long run :) the next wedding you go to you will have reached goal and boom super happiness times

I've already planned on having a day off so I'm gonna go ahead with it n go back to plan the following day x

Back