Plans for Chrimbo

BL what you
planning on cooking up for Xmas?

Oh Christmas tree, oh christmas treee... fa la la la la, la laaaa laaaa laaaaa! How full of the joys of Xmas am I people??? Usually I am a bit bah humbug about it, but this year it is all so different. I suppose because I write my Xmas menus in July and by the time Xmas comes I am so over turkey and stuffing etc and fake xmas joviality, I tended to have had more than enough of it by the time the day was actually here.

This year couldn't be more different, I suppose the new weight, new me, but I feel like a child all over again and really excited by it all. For the first time in a few years my folks are travelling down to London to spend Christmas here with us, instead of us travelling up North. I love going up there, but it is such a mission to finish work last minute dot com, pack cars, face the long drive, rush around, etc that I find it all quite exhausting. So this year we will pick them up at Kings Cross at about midday on Xmas eve, come home and do the celebrating at mine. As my sister is such a Christmas fairy, we are pretty well prepared. Menus all planned for the days over xmas, lots of lovely light and lean options that people just wont realise are low fat and good for ya too. I am not sure if we will have anyone else around on Xmas eve, but no doubt someone will show up, they always do. Have a nice sophistacted dinner planned for that. Xmas day will be family, and any lost souls that appear. I think there will be a midnight mass somewhere inbetween, which I always love because it is just sooooo lovely. Breakfast and present opening to follow. Lunch is usually our big meal, so that tends to be late afternoon and a light evening meal if anyone feels up to it. This year I want board games, cheesy movies etc. Boxing day we have other family over, which will be great. At least we all reconnect at least once a year :) not sure what will follow, but damnit I want a fun fun fun xmas!!

Jez
xx

Jez your Christmas sounds exactly the same as what we do! I can't wait! I am so excited about the Christmas movies that will start appearing on the TV listings soon! ;)

Kat xx

My sisters fave is Santa Claus, but for me it is probably old 80's trash and good old family movies. Bring on a ferris beulers day off or 16 candles or something.

Jez
xx

My sisters fave is Santa Claus, but for me it is probably old 80's trash and good old family movies. Bring on a ferris beulers day off or 16 candles or something.

Jez
xx

The 80s films are great. Anything by John Hughes is fantastic - 16 Candles, Breakfast Club (one of my top 10 faves), Pretty In Pink - love them.

FB is great too - never tire of that one.

Bueller.........?

Bueller?

Bueller?

:D

st elmos fire was a old skool film and the other one about last night :) 2 quality back in the day movies

Yeah friends, king of queens, everyone loves Raymond I'll be going through the boxsets at Xmas :)

yeah im def getting either rock band or guitar hero :)
cant beat the good ol boxsets can you :)
have to think of board games to get :S any suggestions besides monopoly

We play loads of Rummikub. It's ok with two but better with three or four.

We have a bit of a league going with the scores and it's been going for a couple of years now in different combos! Me & OH. Me, OH and daughter, Me, OH & son, Me, OH and both ofspring etc...

yeah im def getting either rock band or guitar hero :)
cant beat the good ol boxsets can you :)
have to think of board games to get :S any suggestions besides monopoly

Well, one of my favourite games is Scrabble.

But if we are in a silly mood, we play it with a twist:

Rules: NO REAL WORDS ALLOWED.

You have to make up words, give them a definition, and use them in a sentence for the word to count.

It is a laugh and a half. It can get very silly, ver imaginative, sometimes naughty, but always fun!! :D

I bought Monopoly & Scrabble recently - I bought the Breast Cancer Awareness Scrabble - it is "all" pink - lovely! :)

BL I like your idea of a "No real words" game - that sounds really good fun!

Kat xx

Yeah BL that sounds like an idea :) will buy the game
over the weekend, I also love jenga
and poker is perfect too :) Getting alot of boxsets and DVDs now :)

I love jenga too! Must get that out over Chrimble too! xx

Def I agree jenga is fun for all the family :)

There is a bar in Leeds with larger than life Jenga! ( It's about 7 feet tall).

The planks of wood have to be really lifted, and when it falls, everyone in the bar cheers and bangs their glasses on the tables! :p

Ooh which bar is that? I will ahve to check it out. I'm in town on Saturday, going to the German Xmas market and starting the xmas shopping. Wahoo. I'm looking forward to that.

Ooh which bar is that? I will ahve to check it out. I'm in town on Saturday, going to the German Xmas market and starting the xmas shopping. Wahoo. I'm looking forward to that.

Can't think of the name but it's right off Millenium Square so you can walk in after the market! will find out 'cos I think I'm at the market tomorrow night so will let you know before Saturday. ( Unless we end up going on Saturday instead and then I'll just meet you there for a soda water and a game!! xx :p).

Back