Plateau - Help!

Pink_Fluff

Chocoholic
I seem to have hit a plateau, stuck just under 12st and can't seem to get the scales to budge! I really need to kick start my weight loss any bright ideas?
I bought a yogalates DVD off amazon, as I've not been exercising really. I just don't have the time, but I hope being able to work out at home will help me fit it in. Aside from that I don't know whether to cut my calorie intake down???

If anyone has any good ideas I'd love to hear them.

Oh it can be SO frustrating when you can't see your hard work paying off. Are you taking measurements on a regular basis? Sometimes when the scale isn't moving and the inches are, it makes you feel better about the scales.
I'd definitely advise you to exercise- try doing some full body weights a few times a week as well as some interval training cardio. If you're a fitness dvd addict like me, I'd recommend the Biggest Loser or Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd.

And if all else fails, I was once advised to have a bit of a blow out to kick my metabolism into gear. It worked at the time but I'm not sure I'd recommend it!

i was (when i hit a plateau), to do like the judd'ers do... have one day thats slightly more and then back to normal...
really try and get the exersise in.... i find i have never got time to go to the gym, but i find a good 20-30 mins of my time at home to get in a wii fit work out...
i do this about 3-4 times a week... and its reallllly paying off... although im not loosing large amounts (well in my eyes compared to some) im losing the inches... almost fell over when i measured myself yesterday and found out i have lost 2 inches around my waist, bum, and boobs, and then 1 inch off my legs.... WOOP WOOP
good luck....

Yeah as I said I have ordered a DVD which will hopefully get me doing more, also getting a wii at christmas (I hope!) so will be using that. Had a total blowout this weekend and am planning a proper down day tomorrow. I'm not going to do JUDDD but I have averaged out my calories for the week and so have more variation in the days.

im not saying follow the Judd all together..... just not go for the same amount of cals per day... but you seem to have it all sorted... Good luck

Back