Plateau number two!

walkywish

Hi Guys - I plateaued after my first 5.5lbs loss, and have now plateaued after losing 12.5lbs In total. I am rigidly sticking to the diet. I am having a can of diet coke every other day and one fat free Greek muller yogurt a day - this contains less than 10g carbs - is this an acceptable level? If not I will cut them out! Lol

When you say you've plateau'ed (twice), how many days without a loss are we talking here? 10 days is a plateau in Dukan terms. At your weight, it's very likely that your weight loss will be slower than that for people with more to lose and most find that, if they plotted their losses on a chart, it's not a straight line down, but there are often peaks and troughs.

Hang in there... Post your menus if you're unsure.

Hi Joanne
This is now day 5 with no loss. It's the longest I've ever gone. What are your thoughts on my choice of yogurt?

I'm in France so I'm not the best at UK products, but they look rather carby to me on this link:
Muller greek style yogurt Nutrition Facts, Muller greek style yogurt Calories, Nutritional Information
The lowest I see are the vanilla and coconut ones at 9.7g per 100ml (but the pots are larger, I'm sure).

As a comparison, the French one he recommends is the one on this link, 5.8g carbs per 125ml. I know it's a shame they're not available in the UK.
Sveltesse ferme et fondant saveur vanille Sveltesse (un pot) > Calories : 52 kCal, Protides : 5.7 g, Lipides : 0 g, Glucides : 5.8 g - TableDesCalories.com

This is why many recommend buying the Total 0% natural which is about the same as the French one.

Worth trying to switch for one week and see. Are you exercising at all? You might find at your weight that there's where you might need to look closer.

Good luck!

Thankyou. The muller yogurts are 120g so not very big but maybe they are stalling me. Still not lost anymore and it's annoying! Lol
I'm not that keen on the natural yogurt. I was wondering if adding sweetener and some vanilla flavouring would work?
I am still exercising but probably only 3-4 times a week due to work.

could it be that you ARE at your body's target weight? Why not post menus for a couple of days. Everything which passes your lips (food and drink) and sometimes that's revealing...

If memory serves I stalled for two or three weeks when I reached the last few pounds, then a load suddenly came off. To be honest I didn't worry about it, i had expected it to happen - it is quite normal when target weight is close. I knew it would come off eventually. This diet really does work, have faith and give the scales some time off.

To be honest I'm not unhappy at the weight I've reached but those few more pounds would be a good buffer! I'll continue to plod on. I have posted my menu's on here before, but they are very boring and the only things I was worried about was my choice of yogurt and having a diet fizzy drink every other day! Other than that all I eat is: plain chicken, ham or turkey slices, smoked salmon, mackerel very occasionally, tinned salmon very occasionally, low fat cottage cheese, boiled or scrambled eggs, lettuce, cucumber, broccoli, mangetout and Brussels. I don't over load on veg on PV day and I always have oatbran porridge with skimmed milk and sweeteners in it. I have the odd coffee but mainly drink water. My diet consists of nothing else! Lol

Back