Please advice!! :)

minimay

Hi everyone
I have been doin Lipotrim for the past month! It has been hard but it does work if you stick to it. However i am totally bored of the not eating thing, and if i am totally honest i miss food!! I feel so disapointed that i cant carry on with it.
I have never tried Atkins before but think it could be for me as there are lots of stuff you can eat:D. I still have lots of shakes left, can i do an atkins brekkie, then have a LT shake and then atkins main?? Sort of a Lipokin diet??:rolleyes: Does Atkins work on ketosis too!?? Im totally confused wat to do! Any advice appreciated. Anyone else done LT then changed to Atkins>?? xxx Sorry for all the questions.

hi hunnie and welcome , there are a few of us combining vlcd with an atkins meal , sarah p is great as shes done it for a while and will be able to advise you better as im just having a diversion from full atkins for a while x

hi hunnie and welcome , there are a few of us combining vlcd with an atkins meal , sarah p is great as shes done it for a while and will be able to advise you better as im just having a diversion from full atkins for a while x

Thanks for that hon, im glad to hear that there are a few ppl combining! ooh getting excited now. Hope Sarah P and others come on xx

Minimay, go and look at the recipe and what are we eating threads, they'l help you, also the sticky's at the top will give you great info on Atkins.

Hi Minimay, welcome!

Yes, as Sukie said, I am combining VLCD and low carb, with a plan to switch fully low carb at Easter.

I also did 4 weeks of abstaining and was burning too many cals on that and had banging headaches. So I went onto the Exante Working Solution, which is 3 meal packs and a low carb meal. You can have this meal any time of the day, but I like to have an evening meal as it really gives me something to focus on.

I have things like 200g of chicken or fish or 150g of red meat with a ton of the lower carb veggies. So the kind of veggies that are allowed on Atkins induction. I do also have a small amount of onion, which doesn't seem to harm my plan. Have a look at the sticky that Jim mentioned and also look at the Atkins website for a list of the allowed veggies in induction. There is also a veggie thread running that will give you a good idea. If you have around a cereal bowl full of veggies a day, then you are on the right track I think. And an atkins breakfast should be ok also.

I still drink my 4L of water minimum a day and have 3 cups of tea with skimmed milk. I am actually allowed 1/2 pint on my plan, but don't want to as that won't be allowed on Atkins. Not sure if I will give up the milk when I go fully Atkins. A pint lasts me all week, so I am not having that much.

You can see from the what we are eating thread what kind of foods I have been eating since doing this. And I have to say that I have done almost 4 weeks now and am seeing the same kind of losses as on total abstainance. With 3 days to go of the 4 weeks, I have lost a stone.

Good luck with what ever you decide and feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks Jim, i have had a look at the threads! In fact recipes making me hungry!! I love cooking too, in fact i have become obsessed with cooking and cooking programmes since i started LT! So maybe this is the one for me?? x

Thanks SarahP for the info. I think i am gonna give it a try to do LT shakes for 2 meals and also have a meal in the night. Not sure if you can eat as much lean meat as you want tho?? Dont know if atkins limit your protein intake?? I will look out for the veggie thread and take a look at atkins site!
I hope this works for me!! So when i go on my hols and can just be on atkins and hopefully still lose weight! Cant get my head around eating meat/delicious food and still losing weight. But taking a look at Jims pics and others it must work!!

I will keep you all posted how i get on!! xx

Come and join in on the Atkins threads love. Loads of advice and some funny chat as well. Very entertaining.

Come and join in on the Atkins threads love. Loads of advice and some funny chat as well. Very entertaining.

Will do if i know what to say :) I have been reading them! I think everybody knows each other and everyone is so helpful! Im feeling positive about this Jim.... im really happy i can eat but im scared i may go over the top!! Im chinese and our staple food is rice!! I have ate rice everyday throughout my life. I just need to re educate myself i think!! Cant imagine eating a curry without the rice!!:eek: ooh can i ask cant seem to find it on veg, can we eat carrots? or coldslaw (tubs from supermarket??) Sorry to have randomly sneaked a question in!! x

I always wondered how the Girls in Hong Kong and Singapore were so skinny when they ate mountains of rice? The ones who worked for me were always eating. LOL

No carrots are out, as is most root veggies. Coleslaw is OK later on when your out of induction.

I know, think i had better move to Hong Kong or Singapore!! I must eat too much rice. When i go to visit family in HK they tell me you can tell your from UK , you eat to much chips!!! Cheeky gits!! Well at least i stand out from all of them eh!! Just cant fit on their little buses, as least no one sits next to me eh ;)

thanks about the carrots, wasnt sure!! Im so happy today, roast chicken for tea tonight yippppeeeeeee!!!! xx

You know I wasn't fat when I was in Singapore or Hong Kong as I was still in the Army, but I always felt like a giant on the MTR or the Buses. My barracks was in San Po Kong near the old airport and we lived in Married Quarters in Kowloon Tong. Pilgrims way was the road, or to Taxi drivers Gai Pak a sando. :)

The Barracks was San Po Kong Ping Fong.

Yes hang around. We are a really friendly bunch. :D:D:D Just join in any conversation. That's what I did and the guys have been really helpful.

Try your curry with either just steamed cauli and broccili, sounds strange but it fantastic, or make cauliflower rice. It's really good.

Just grate your cauli either with a grater or food processor, put in microwave bowl with loose lid and cook on high for 4 mins. DON'T add water. I had it with curry last night and its so good.

Your first taste of chicken tonight will taste like heaven. The first time I ate after 4 weeks it tasted so different. I bet you can't wait!

Jim, sounds like you know HK better than me!! I havent been for about 5 years, just to big to face my non tactful relatives!! xx

Thanks for the tips Sarah, i will try that cauli rice sounds delicious!! I will be sticking around dont worry!! You will be seeing me around but a lot less of me hopefully as the wks go by. xxx :)

mmm will try cauli rice tomorrow when i have friends round for curry !!!

Jim, sounds like you know HK better than me!! I havent been for about 5 years, just to big to face my non tactful relatives!
I was stationed there for 3 Year's from '90 to '93 minimay. Loved the place.

I think I read on here that someone else adds a little water and simmers it for a few mins and then drains it. Do you have a steamer? That would work also? If not I think I would steam it in a plastic bowl in a pan of water (with something to cover the bowl) for 5 mins. A pudding basin would work. You don't want it to go soggy.

Yes, I've got a steamer. I'll give that a go. I think I'll wait til fresh cauliflower reappears though as there's only frozen at the mo and that's always a bit soggy however you cook it. Thanks.

Is there any way to do cauliflower rice without a microwave? I don't have one.
in my low carb gourmet it tells you too fry it in butter in a frying pan(they add garlic and salt too )for 5 to 8 minutes xxx

Back