Please check my menu-revisiting atkins

memubo99

hi all, im back to atkins again, have 15lb on since this time last year.
Could you have alook at a typical days eating for me please, I find i am very hungry still.
Some days my protein is a bit less than 81, the salmon really pushed it up.

Eggs - Fried (whole egg), 2 large
Biona Organic - Coconut Oil,

Broccolli Boiled
Butter - Salted, 2 pat
Wild Pink Salmon - Tinned, 1 container (213 grams ea.)

Tesco - Fresh Single Cream, 60 ml
Linusit - Milled Flaxseed, 15 g
Butter - Salted, 1 pat
2 litres water

Scandanavian Bran Crispbread x5
Kraft - Philadelphia Cream Cheese Regular,
Tesco - Fresh Single Cream,
Hartley's - Sugar Free Raspberry Jelly, 560 ml

fat- 89 cals- 1,357 protein-81

carbs-41
fibre-20
net carbs-21

Any advice, comments etc. Why am i soooo hungry?

We don't deduct fibre in this country so I suspect the scan bran are pushing your carbs way too high. If you're in the uk the carbs on the label are net carbs already,

Hi I would agree with moonlights, you need to check carbs and net carbs, also takes a while for hunger pangs to go. How long ate you doing the plan?

omg thought you could subtract the fibre from the carbs in the flaxmeal for example, I know the scan bran has it subtracted already. They have 2 net carbs each.
Iv been doing this plan 8 days now.

Hi, I haven't been doing atkins for long enough to give exact advice, but I am Def not hungry and sometimes struggle to eat enough. I eat mainly fresh meat, bacon, cheese, eggs, cream, mayo and cheese with one salad/veg portion per day. I try to eat as cleanly (non processed) as possible. I haven't used flax seed yet. You should be well into ketosis at this stage.

Forgot to mention anything suger free, ie jelly or atkins bars cause hunger/cravings with me.

We are not supposed to eat processed cheeses like phili if I'm correct and the scan bran is also way to high in carbs. I'd also drop the sugar free jelly as sweeteners can create cravings and stall (,hope I'm not saying anything you already know but I don't know how well you know Atkins :))

Seems to me you need more carbs from leafy green veg and not from cereals. Also more meat!

Are you trying to do induction or owl? Because 40carbs is very high for only day 8 but if you don't have a do not have a lot of weight to loose it's fine :) you'll be hungry with more carbs but it depends on your critical carb level.

Thanks all, its brilliant to get support here:)
I was doing induction but now realise that I was counting the carbs in the scan bran wrong so I have been way over 20g carbs. I have less than a stone to loose so maybe it'll just be slow. I do find that I am extremely hungry and craving a lot.
If I up my protein intake will that not be too high in comparison to my fat intake?

Go clean and green hun, at least for a little while - more protein and much more green leafy veg - and lots of water.

The others are right, sugar free stuff and processed cheese stall many people, and the crispbreads are a no no, I'm afraid, at least on induction.

Thanks all, its brilliant to get support here:)
I was doing induction but now realise that I was counting the carbs in the scan bran wrong so I have been way over 20g carbs. I have less than a stone to loose so maybe it'll just be slow. I do find that I am extremely hungry and craving a lot.
If I up my protein intake will that not be too high in comparison to my fat intake?

You'll probably find that with less that 14 pounds to loose you should jump onto Atkins pre maininance which is phase 3 and is for losing your last ten pound or so, this teachs you to reintroduce foods for life. Induction will maybe lose you a few pounds although with less than a stone you should be looking at a pound a week really and getting ready for life maintainence lucky you!

Atkins is not a diet, it's a way of eating. I would have thought you can do maybe a week of Induction (many stay in induction for months or till nearly all their weight is lost) but then you would need to get straight onto OWl to find your critial carb level :) Re-read the book, there ii a section advising where to start if you don't have much to loose! :)

Also if you eat protein with a higher fat content the numbers will work themselves out. Have a steak!! Make some home made burgers with non lean mince. Most of all enjoy :)

Back