Please convince me to weigh!!

Willtom

I need some stern words I think ;-) I have lost 4 stone 9 lbs over the last 7 months and as my fab Cons celebrates every week, never had a gain!! I have now. I know it! I can feel it:-( I have been trapped with a 9 mth old and 2yr old due to snow and we have baked! A lot! Also Xmas has crept into my home in the shape of cake, sweets, chocs etc.
Weigh day tomorrow and I can't face the scales :( I know I need to go but I am more scared than I would have imagined! HELP!!!!

PS I am 5lbs from target.

You have to go you know it! There are reasons why you may have gained as you list and thats life especially this time of year so if you have gained what difference will not going to weigh in make? Other than risking youi going completely off track all over xmas and getting further away from that oh so close target!
Well done you on not gaining once but it has to happen some time and this time of year is so hard especially with the weather etc How lovely that you have entertained the little one baking etc

Go to weigh in and see what happens you may be surprised!

*Emsie* said:
You have to go you know it! There are reasons why you may have gained as you list and thats life especially this time of year so if you have gained what difference will not going to weigh in make? Other than risking youi going completely off track all over xmas and getting further away from that oh so close target!
Well done you on not gaining once but it has to happen some time and this time of year is so hard especially with the weather etc How lovely that you have entertained the little one baking etc

Go to weigh in and see what happens you may be surprised!

Ah thank you Emsie! That's exactly what I needed to hear. Exactly what I already knew lol so helpful to hear it from someone else :) I think I was also allowing myself to be put off because I return to work in Jan and will either change class :( or stop going due to work commitments.

How are you coping with this time of year?

If you do have a gain, so what?
you're not a target member yet so it's not like you're going to have to start paying again, you do already..
Just draw a line under it, enjoy christmas with the kiddies and get back on plan afterwards..
Nothing that's worth doing is easy to do so suck it up and get on with it... :)

No problem, glad to help!
I've managed to do ok and am allowing myself a bit of very flexi synning now this week! Last year I stuck to plan and even lost but am being a bit more relaxed this year but don't intend to go crazy!

Thats a shame if you have to change group does your consultant do any other group you would be able to make? I'd say to try and go to a group though even when you hit that target to help keep you on track and not put any back on?

Good luck tomorrow and whatever the scales say just by making it there you will have achieved a lot! :)

ColJack said:
If you do have a gain, so what?
you're not a target member yet so it's not like you're going to have to start paying again, you do already..
Just draw a line under it, enjoy christmas with the kiddies and get back on plan afterwards..
Nothing that's worth doing is easy to do so suck it up and get on with it... :)

Thank you ColJack! You're right and I guess it has been an easier journey for the lack of gains. I have just told Hubby I am def going! We still have lots of snow and I am more scared of driving than I am weighing! Lol

*Emsie* said:
No problem, glad to help!
I've managed to do ok and am allowing myself a bit of very flexi synning now this week! Last year I stuck to plan and even lost but am being a bit more relaxed this year but don't intend to go crazy!

Thats a shame if you have to change group does your consultant do any other group you would be able to make? I'd say to try and go to a group though even when you hit that target to help keep you on track and not put any back on?

Good luck tomorrow and whatever the scales say just by making it there you will have achieved a lot! :)

I know! It's really sad to stop going, I have so many lovely friends there and Cons sooo good. She has other classes but too far away.
I will find another class as I have done SW between babies and thought I could go it alone - so wrong!

I AM going to weigh! I will even post the outcome. Thank you again :).

Me? yes I will be..
Mom and Dad are on SW too so they're doing the dinner SW style, and I'm on my own at home so I don't have to have treats in for anyone else..
Just another week for me...

ColJack said:
Me? yes I will be..
Mom and Dad are on SW too so they're doing the dinner SW style, and I'm on my own at home so I don't have to have treats in for anyone else..
Just another week for me...

I am so excited for my boys but can't wait for all the goodies to be gone! Hopefully not from the cupboard to my thighs!! Enjoy your Christmas with your folks, sounds like you're all supporting each other which is fab :)
Ps sorry for posting like this! Still trying to figure the app on i phone - technophobe as well as weighophobe ;-)

Willtom said:
I am so excited for my boys but can't wait for all the goodies to be gone! Hopefully not from the cupboard to my thighs!! Enjoy your Christmas with your folks, sounds like you're all supporting each other which is fab :)
Ps sorry for posting like this! Still trying to figure the app on i phone - technophobe as well as weighophobe ;-)

I weighed! Gained 1 and half. So pleased I went and feel so much better about the week ahead :) actually have far less desire for Xmas treats now I can feel the damage, every cloud! Thank you again for the support and Merry Christmas x

can you hear it ...................

it's getting louder .......................

and louder ...........................

'applause' - congratulations on going to class and facing the music and it was ONLY 1.5 - Well done on your achievement so far.

Have a great Christmas.

Yes, well done to you!

It is a bit of a monkey off your back when you gain for the first time - I recall I was devastated.

This week, I stayed the same - that was also a first. Mixed feelings, but I'd be over the moon if I was just 5lb from target before I had my first gain.

It might sound silly, but had you not gone, you could have been on the slippery-slidey slope to putting it back on! - now you've arrested the slide, get back on track and in sight of the finishing line.

Good work!

Steve

Maximus said:
Yes, well done to you!

It is a bit of a monkey off your back when you gain for the first time - I recall I was devastated.

This week, I stayed the same - that was also a first. Mixed feelings, but I'd be over the moon if I was just 5lb from target before I had my first gain.

It might sound silly, but had you not gone, you could have been on the slippery-slidey slope to putting it back on! - now you've arrested the slide, get back on track and in sight of the finishing line.

Good work!

Steve

Ah! What a lovely comment, thank you so much. You're so right I know the gains would keep coming if I stopped going!

I have stayed the same a few times, it's a bit of a funny one but stay the sames have always been followed by good losses. I hope the same is true for you :)

Thanks again, Emma :)

time2bslim said:
can you hear it ...................

it's getting louder .......................

and louder ...........................

'applause' - congratulations on going to class and facing the music and it was ONLY 1.5 - Well done on your achievement so far.

Have a great Christmas.

Hehe! Thank you! Feel quite proud for going and always enjoy class:)

Merry Christmas!!! :)

Back