Please help an outsider understand...

EvieWonder

Hello!

I've done SW on and off and didn't seem to get major results.
My friend did LighterLife and did so well it was very inspiring, however LighterLife is bloomin expensive so she recommended Exante. (which i keep pronoucing as zante for some reason?! :confused:)
I've been reading through the forums just to get a general consensus of how people do in the first week etc

But my one question is how do you know when you are in ketosis?

I'm going away in October for a week and was going to start Exante when I came back so I am genuinely interested in following this diet. :eek:

hi :D ketosis ... the symptoms are reduced appetite , increased energy ( not everyone gets these though ) , and smelly breath !! You can buy ketositix which will tell you if you are in ketosis , although they are not terribly reliable . If you stick to exante TS then after 5-6 days you will be in ketosis , there is no way you can not be . I hope this helps a little and good luck if you decide to do exante , and if you have any more questions ask away :)

Thank you for replying. :) I'll be doing Simple Solution as I have about 2 stone to lose - I'm guessing that's not the same as TS? x

ahh I am pretty sure you wont be in ketosis with SS , although not 100 % just remember whatever plan you are on , its not ketosis that makes you loose weight its calorie deficite , ketosis just makes it easier to stick to TS and WS

Ah think I would prefer to do them but I'm medication for my thyroid so looks like I can only stick to SS. Doh. :(

Ah think I would prefer to do them but I'm medication for my thyroid so looks like I can only stick to SS. Doh. :(

Dont be disheartened even with simple solution, you will reach your goal. Regardless of whether is TS, WS or SS, its about sticking to the programme- as you will lose the weight.

I also take meds for my thyroid is your over or under? I have talked to my doc and he has let me do ts and I have been fine but he had tested my thyroid every 8-10 weeks and as I have lost weight I hve had to reduce my thyroxin. You dont have a lot to loose and im sure it will soon go with ss but just might be worth having some bloods done along the way.xxx

I have an under active thyroid.
I didnt go to my doctor before starting this diet :eek:
I probably should have. :eek:
But I had embarked on many diets in the past and never told my doctor.
I have been fine so far :)

I have an overactive. I did contemplate seeing the doctor incase they want to do more blood tests anyway as I recently moved to the area. I did wonder what the effects would have been if I did TS.
It's funny cos it runs in my family and I seem to be the only goin to have a weight gain, but also at the same I wasn't eating the right foods which I know contributed.

Thank you for all the replies. It's comforting knowing theres alot more poeople with a thyroid issue then I realised. x

Back